Author Topic: FSX LSZH +scenery.cfg  (Read 4655 times)

Kato

FSX LSZH +scenery.cfg
« on: September 28, 2011, 10:14:31 am »
yes you have it done, i am very angry of you  !!!!!!!!!!
 :'(
i have bought the software before some days ago, it's running good all ok. but in my scenery.cfg is now a mistake !
the Area and Layer numbers now different !   
this is not ok ! other software want to have a correct installation.

Kato

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX LSZH +scenery.cfg
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 10:50:41 am »
The installer doesn't do anything wrong with your scenery.cfg.

If you are seeing an error now, it's because the scenery.cfg already had an error before installing the scenery, which are always caused by trying editing it by hand.

When you hand edit the scenery.cfg and put an error in it, FSX will tolerate it, so you might not notice, but any installer that obviously use standard Windows function to modify .INI files (the scenery.cfg IS an .ini file), will probably be confused by the error that was already there.

the Area and Layer numbers now different !   this is not ok

If there are no other errors and your sceneries works fine, non-matching Area numbers and layer numbers are NOT A PROBLEM.

The whole point of having a separate Area and Layer number is to allow to change the priority of a scenery (the Layer) without changing the order in the file (the Area), otherwise why the need to have an Area and a Layer as separate commands ? They ARE supposed to be possibly non-matching, it's all normal.

Of course, assuming everything works normally and you don't have other problems related to the Scenery Library, which seems to be the case reading your message.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:56:36 am by virtuali »

Kato

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 02:07:32 pm »
the scenery LSZH FSDT was the first scenery i have installed. so you can see i never touch the scenery.cfg by myself
!
solution : the AES installer needs the highest priority and after install the AES program, it didn't.
AES O.Pabst the autor has the solution for this . give LSZH in the scenery.cfg or another scenery the same Area .0183 Number as AES. close the scenery.cfg and start now AES program. AES program feel this wrong way and makes a new list with correct Area and Layer numbers.

Kato

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 02:17:11 pm »
I don't see why you would want to go through the trouble of manually renumbering area numbers, when you can simply rearrange the sceneries in the Scenery Library.