Author Topic: Not Able to Acvtivate!  (Read 7031 times)

Dougal

Not Able to Acvtivate!
« on: March 16, 2008, 10:07:49 pm »
I've spent ages trying to activate my KORD scenery, without success.

I paid using the PayPal option.  This seems to give diferent activation instructions to that in the guide, which, incidentally, is very nicely hidden in the prog folder.  No shortcuts or links anywhere to be seen.

Whatever I do, my *TRIAL* period expires.  I've tried with both FS9 & FSX.  With FS9, the reg file appears in the FS9 root folder.  With FSX it does not.

Funny..... the very same thing happend after I purchased the Cloud9 KLAX too.

Please may I have some help on this?

Phil 'Dougal' Symonds

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Not Able to Acvtivate!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 11:39:20 pm »
I paid using the PayPal option.  This seems to give diferent activation instructions to that in the guide

There's only one way to Buy with PayPal, and it's quite simple, and it works like described in the fsdt_install_guide.pdf, from Page 12 to Page 15.

I assume your PayPal payment on the web went fine and, as explained in the guide, at the end of the purchase process you must have been presented with a receipt with your serial number. However, regardless if you took the care to copy it down or not, the same serial number has been sent to the email address you provided.

Assuming your email address is valid and working (which it might not, because we have a few users that bought using fake/not working address), you should then have received an email with another copy of your receipt, with the same serial number.

As explained on the guide, you simply need to copy this serial, then choose the option "Register Serial" in the Addon Manager and put it there. Copy and Paste is the suggested way to have it correctly.

As explained on the guide, at this point it will ask you if you want to activate it, you have to choose Yes, it will connect to the activation server then, after a few moments, it should say that Activation was successful.

The only thing that could go wrong here, provided the purchase was successful, is that you entered the serial wrong, perhaps with an extra space or so.

Funny..... the very same thing happend after I purchased the Cloud9 KLAX too.

That's not possible, since Cloud9 product never had a PayPal options to begin with. It's new starting with OHare, and it will only work with OHare and Zurich.

If you have seen something entirely different from this explanation, then please contact us via email, so we can check your order status and your serial, and see what's going on. Email addres can be found either in the email icon of this message, OR in the "Contact Us" page.

As explained on the "Contact Us" page, email is better to enquiry about order statuses.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 11:47:04 pm »
Phil,

I've just checked your order status, and it shows you successfully activated the product.

Dougal

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 12:43:49 am »
Well, successful or not, I sit on the apron for a few mins and wham!  The green banner appears and my buildings disappear ???  That's what I meant by what happened before with LAX, nothing to do with paypal. Anyway, enough for today, I'm off to nodland now - my brain hurts :D  Will email you tomorrow.

Fall_Guy

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 09:12:30 pm »
Same problem here!!

Purchased using Paypal, (received email and serial no., order no.).

However when I select the addon manager and try to register my serial number, the screen goes BLACK so I use the start windows key (on the keyboard) and I can then see a small window which has a field entry that says NONE.  When I try to paste my Order ST number in the field the screen goes BLACK again.

any ideas please!!

Running FSX, on Vista

Thanks John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 09:37:13 pm »
With some video drivers is much safe to go into Windowed mode (ALT+Enter) first, otherwise you might not see the dialog box.

When the dialog that that requests the serial and shows "NONE" appears, paste your SERIAL NUMBER (not the Order Number!!! ) and be careful not to put extra spaces or other characters extra.

The screen WILL go black, for the time it takes to reach the activation servers. It should take 5-10 seconds or so with a broadband connection, more with a standard connection.

If you still have issues, please contact us via email, with your Order N. or serial, so we can check it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 09:40:22 pm by virtuali »