Author Topic: how to disable the aaa on ati panel?  (Read 5434 times)

pablo636

how to disable the aaa on ati panel?
« on: January 27, 2012, 05:56:46 pm »
Hi all,
I have a radeon HD4650 1gb, I would like to know how I disable the adaptive antialias on catalyst panel.
I remember that in the newer versions ther isn't anymore the adaptive antialias panel, but only the smoothvision antialias panel and the smoothvision anisotropic panel.
To disable, must I put the flag on "controlled by application"?
thanks
Paolo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: how to disable the aaa on ati panel?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 06:00:57 pm »
I have the November 2011 version of the driver, and Adaptive Antialiasing is there, both in the main Catalyst program, and in the Catalyst icon in the Task bar under "3d settings", there are only two options: Disabled (default) or Enabled, it should stay Disabled.

pablo636

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 06:45:49 pm »
mmmhh...I have the disable option only on the Catalyst A.I. on the antialiasing I have only controlled by application, x2, x4 and x8...but not disable...maybe my ati card hasn't this option!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 07:54:57 pm »
That's possible, I've the 4870

pablo636

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:50:26 pm »
so we can suppose that I don't need to disable the AAA....but occasionally I see some graphic issue...but not always...one of this is the asphalt that seems to be grass..but with the asphalt's color.
The forum's users, that had this issue, have resolved the problem with disabling the AAA...so what cause this issue to me?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 12:00:31 am »
The forum's users, that had this issue, have resolved the problem with disabling the AAA...so what cause this issue to me?

I'm sorry, but the only known cause of that problem is the AAA enabled, try to check if your card has enabled it perhaps via a tweak not accessible with the control panel.

pablo636

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 11:40:20 am »
Ok, thanks Umberto for the reply, I'll see to find this trick!
However, my issue, seems to appear only with bad weather condition and at night...so maybe I can living with this!
Congratulation for the wonderful and light sceneries that you offer us!
Paolo