Author Topic: Resizing parking spot  (Read 3424 times)

pride545

• Beta tester
Resizing parking spot
« on: January 03, 2012, 07:26:13 pm »
When I used the PMDG 747 at parking spots 29 and 30 brfore GSX, i always used aes and it never said the spot was too small. Now I try to use the 747 at these spots with GSX and it will not give me any services because it says the spot is too small! The spot is listed in the afcad as a Large parking spot with a 59 ft. radius. I treid to inlarge the spot using ADE, but when I go to the airport listing to choose a parking spot, both spots 29 & 30 are missing. I am using FSDT's KDFW and is there a way to inlarge spot 29 so I caN USE THE 747 AND gsx? i THINK gsx is much better than AES and would like to use it! Can you please advise me of anyway to accompolish this?
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Resizing parking spot
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:13:24 pm »
ADE should be quite safe to edit AFCADs, it should be enough edit the parking size and save it back.

Just check that, when ADE compiles the file as .BGL, you save it as AP_KDFW.BGL, not the name that ADE suggest and save it in the fsdreamteam\KDFW\Scenery folder. This will ensure you'll not end up having a duplicate AFCAD for KDFW, which creates all sort of issues.

And, it's best if you do a backup in a different folder of the original AP_KDFW.BGL that comes with Dallas before doing any modifications.

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 07:09:52 am »
Thanks. I tried to resize it with ADE, but when I try to compile it i get an error. gotta read some more!  tHANKS FOR THE HELP!
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 11:32:43 am »
Check the error, it's possible it's just a warning about some runways being too far from the airport, if that's the case, you can ignore it.