Author Topic: And a nother big Thanks...  (Read 3283 times)

liketofly

And a nother big Thanks...
« on: October 03, 2011, 10:56:30 am »
Hi FSDT,

Big thanks again for a beautiful scenery.... works perfectly and much more then that FPS are just unbelievable....

Just one thing, could you please sit down and get  KORD to work the same way, it's my only headache airport with regards to FPS... and really needs some redesign.

regards
richi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: And a nother big Thanks...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 01:47:46 pm »
KORD is not known for being fps heavy, and surely nobody reported it as such, yours is the first time we heard about a problem with fps at KORD so, it's likely it doesn't have much to do the scenery, but with something else you might have installer in the area.

Many users mistakenly attribute low fps to a scenery, but then they use heavy traffic at 100% and, worse yet, FS9 traffic models in FSX, which slows down even more. If you have 200 AI models in view, which is possible at KORD, you can expect an big fps loss, without the scenery being able to do anything to fix this, you would probably get low fps with the default scenery too.

liketofly

Re: And a nother big Thanks...
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 11:28:10 am »
Hi,

thanks for the replay....

Anyhow, naturally I have a lot of addons, for that area I have your KORD, FlyTampa's KDMW and Aerosofts US Cities Chicago, however, I have no problems with KDMW in that area or other large hubs with the same settings... (Manhattan X, KJFK and KLGA for instance). I use MyTraffic2010 which only uses native FSX models and there I have the performance models installes. as I sayed.... any other AP I get resonable FPS (18 - 35) depending on the size but flyable. With KORD..... well its around 8-10.... which really does not make fun.....

But I also must admit, I actually never tried to fly in to KORD, I always tested it with my Helicopter EC135 and tried every possible setting which left enough eyecandy to actually be worth using it, and that never brought satisfactory results, so unfortunately I'm not really using it....

I'll have to try to fly into there with my PMDG 737NGX, and report back.

As I sayed flying around KDMW, and US City Chicago with my EC135 I have around 35 FPS... as soon as KORD comes in to play it drops rapidly to a powerpoint presentation, especially when I get close to the main terminal and slowly fly/hover around there.....

regards
richi