Author Topic: KLAX for FS9  (Read 71246 times)

newmanix

• Beta tester
Re: KLAX for FS9
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2011, 05:24:33 pm »
Great news, how will be the AES support for this scenery?

As already explained in many other threads, AES support will come with the FS9 version.

And im planning to get a video to Oliver showing the push and tow operations at LAX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2011, 06:06:55 pm »
And im planning to get a video to Oliver showing the push and tow operations at LAX.

It will be useful to us as well, since we CAN fully customize GSX for an airport, if we need. Of course, it will be for FSX only but, perhaps a day you'll switch too...

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2011, 06:45:48 pm »
As already explained in many other threads, AES support will come with the FS9 version.

According to this comment from Oliver, it may not.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2011, 07:04:44 pm »

Bruce, let's wait and see. One can hope.
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

BodoM

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2011, 07:28:47 pm »
Hi Umberto,

really good news. Thanks for making this scenery for FS9 also.

Best regards,

Bodo Müller

SirIsaac726

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2011, 09:34:11 pm »

Does Oliver truly understand the situation (I can barely understand what he is trying to say)?  Couldn't he just make an FS9 AES version since he doesn't want to deal with the situation of GSX (which will obviously be only for FSX)?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2011, 10:10:19 pm »
You have to decipher a little because German is his primary language, but he seems to feel some of Virtuali's comments have been negative of AES.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
    • Visit my flightsim blog..
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2011, 10:26:32 pm »
Excellent news Umberto. Glad it will see the light of day.  ;D

theshack440

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2011, 11:00:35 pm »
Umberto, have you asked Oliver about your jetways only idea (for FSX of course)? Or is the idea still too premature?
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

ch00scd

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2011, 11:59:41 pm »
Hi,

IMHO it would be a pity having such a  great new airport for FS9 that is not supported by AES. Please sit together with Oliver Pabst and try to find a way so that KLAX is supported by AES like all your other airports are. As I understood, many users love AES and they only buy airports which are supported so from a financial point of view it might make sense - especially for sceneries in FS9 which don't have default moving jetways - to continue offering this functionallity.

So keep our fingers crossed and let's hope for a great new airport with AES support.

Regards,
Daniel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2011, 12:40:13 am »
Does Oliver truly understand the situation (I can barely understand what he is trying to say)?

I don't understand him either.

He seems to be worried that we might took away AES support for products that we already released with AES support, which obviously doesn't make any sense and would be outrageous against those that paid for it, and I find very annoying that he would even *think* or hint we could do something like that.

Using GSX on an AES-supported airport with AES installed, will not create any issues, if someone would prefer to use only AES there instead of GSX, it will be enough *not* to touch the GSX hotkey, plain and simple. Of course, he'll have to use AES there exclusively, but it will HIS choice. This is probably the easiest choice, although most people would probably want to use a combination of both.

And IS possible to use them together, with some caveats:

Some things (passenger stairs, cargo loaders, etc.) in AES move in position as soon the AES hotkey is pressed, so it won't be possible to use the GSX version of them should the user decide to do so, unless he decides not to touch the AES menu at all, but in that case, if it's a 3rd party airport that got moving jetways because of AES, they won't work, and that's only because the AES jetways move in position automatically and together with the other vehicles so, the user is forced to do a choice-

The GSX versions of such vehicles will not move in position automatically just by opening the GSX menu, they move only under user command, when asking for a boarding/deboarding, otherwise they'll stay at the edge of the parking, and some vehicles like the Catering or the Passenger buses do not "pop-up" on the parking immediately, they *drive* all the way from their parking. So, for service vehicles, GSX is not the obstacle here, since it doesn't do anything on its own unless the user commands it.

GSX Pushback works fine with AES, it will be enough to select the "Prepare position for Departure" option in AES, and when asked if you want to use a Pushback, reply No, open the GSX menu and ask for its own Pushback instead. And the opposite works too, you can be serviced entirely by GSX, and then opening the AES menu only to ask for Pushback.

FollowMe is not an issue either, just select either the AES or the GSX menu to select which one to use. However, as soon as you select a parking for the FollowMe, either with GSX or AES, it will be prepared to be serviced and either a Marshaller or a Docking system will appear there so, it would probably best that, if you arrived there with a GSX FollowMe, to continue using GSX at that parking, and the same for AES.

Even if you used a GSX FollowMe, if that parking had an AES docking system, it will still work, however, there will be *also* a GSX Marshaller there, unless it's one of our airports with ParkMe docking system.

So, there's no reason to worry, and from our side, we are not doing anything to limit user's choices, and of course the thing that Oliver tried to hint about we could eventually do something in our already *released* products to cause issues with AES credits that were already payed for, it's plain and simply absurd.

For future products, it's possible we might not be willing to keep supporting AES in FSX, especially if we'll eventually come up with our own jetway animation system, which is something that we always wanted to do and not because of AES, but because the FSX default system is bugged and we believe we could offer a novel approach to the jetway problem.

But as I always said, and also informed Oliver about this a *long* time ago (he might have forgot that), we'll keep supporting AES until we need to do an FS9 version of the scenery, because we don't have anything comparable to offer under FS9.

Just to clear of any possible misunderstanding: "supporting AES" or not for us means: doing NEW products in a way that can be in turn be supported by AES.

It doesn't mean in any way that what has been already been released with AES would eventually stop to work because of something we did or because we'll have GSX. Yes, we'll have GSX and it will be free at all our airports, including those already released BUT, as I've explained above, it won't create any issues if there are purchased AES credits for it, and they can even be used together, up to some extent.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:44:33 am by virtuali »

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2011, 02:28:04 am »

It will be useful to us as well, since we CAN fully customize GSX for an airport, if we need. Of course, it will be for FSX only but, perhaps a day you'll switch too...

Hey Umberto,

As you well know I am always very happy to provide any information I can. I will submit the videos and gate ops (push and tow) info to both you and Oliver. I should have this complete by this coming Thursday.

D'Andre

max767

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2011, 08:33:39 pm »
Great news! I currently have KLAX for FSX but its something about FS9 :) Thx FSDT team.

Dimon

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2011, 01:54:21 pm »
One small request regarding upcoming LAX for FS2004.

yesterday I purchased FB KSFO for FS2004 and was badly surprised that ADE file was created with AFX (payware product)!!! As a result of that, it's not possible to modify KSFO ADE with AFCAD 2.21, since any alteration with AFCAD momentarily kills the exclude file that was created with AFX and as a result I have FB scenery mixed with default KSFO.

FSDT, please do create the manula exclusion file for KLAX to enable us, AFCAD users, to modify ADE files with no problems.

Otherwise, I heard that creating the exclusion is not that difficult for average user. Thus, any reading about this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dmitriy
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

data63

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2011, 03:06:15 pm »
Maybe You're on the wring Forum? (FB KSFO / FSDT KLAX)

On the other side - just try out "ADE" which is kind of a Freeware successor to the old AFCAD tool and can handle exclusions.

Happy landings

Juergen