Author Topic: KLAX for FS9  (Read 71242 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
KLAX for FS9
« on: September 30, 2011, 01:15:05 am »
Not nearly as finished as it seems yet, but it's coming out quite good.

sticky1202

Re: KLAX for FS9
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 01:17:17 am »
Just glad to be getting another FS9 scenery out of FSDT !  ;D

Anders Bermann

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 01:46:08 am »
Looking very nice, Umberto...

Just a question...
What did you decide to do, regarding the textures which, as I recall, was 4096x4096? Did you "just" resize them, or what was the procedure? Was it possible to resize them, and remapping them? (<-- that seems like quite alot of work, if that's the case?)

Anyway - I was just curious, what the procedure was?! :)

Thanks for the preview!
Best regards, Anders

keino333

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 02:19:57 am »
Not nearly as finished as it seems yet, but it's coming out quite good.

That's what i'm talking about ....thank you,thank you, thank you Umberto...
I'm stoked

natbrain

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 03:16:30 am »
It definitely looks different in FS9 than in FSX, obviously, but it's coming out really well at the moment. Umberto, I know you're really tired of these kinds of questions, but as a general estimation, can we expect the FS9 release before November? If not December?

natbrain

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 03:30:19 am »
And as a general note for others and for me, just remember if Umberto doesn't put up any updates about the status of the scenery, it doesn't mean nothing's happening. Personally, I like to find out about updates, because I feel like it'll mean that he's closer to completion. In a way that's correct, but not always. He's working on it you guys. But continually plaguing Umberto for status updates isn't going to make the scenery any closer to completion. He'll update status when he's ready, and when there's a large step toward completion since the last update, he'll post something. And if he has the time to give us a picture or two of the current scenery status, he'll do it. I fear all that plaguing Umberto for status updates is going to do is make him feel rushed, but then he won't do as well of a job. Umberto's probably not gonna give into the pressure to quickly get this scenery done, but just let him take his time. As hard as it is for me to be patient, it's something I must exercise until the day I get the email about the newsletter which says that FS9 LAX has been released.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 05:46:56 am »
Looking great thus far, Umberto!  The texture resolution is noticeable but wow, it looks great all things considered and a must buy for me.

can we expect the FS9 release before November? If not December?

I'd imagine if it would take them until November or December to finish this, they probably wouldn't be doing it. :D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:55:56 am by SirIsaac726 »

pvupilot

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 06:29:02 am »
GREAT news!!  ;D That looks really good too! You guys just got a little of my next paycheck reserved  ;) Thank you a MILLION for the FS9 effort!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 10:27:29 am »
What did you decide to do, regarding the textures which, as I recall, was 4096x4096? Did you "just" resize them, or what was the procedure?

It's an hybrid approach:

The ground has been entirely redone and remapped to 1024x1024 so, there's no resolution loss at all on ground, and we replicated with (many) polygons the different kind of ground detail textures, that in FSX are made with Shaders. Of course, FS9 doesn't have bump mapping, so the ground look a bit more plain than FSX, but the resolution is all there.

The buildings were made using the original 4096 resized to 1024 textures, because doing a real remapping to 1024 would meant remodeling everything so there is a resolution loss there, but we tried to minimize the visual impact, by adding more detail textures that weren't there in the FSX version, so there's still a lot of custom modeling made specifically for FS9.

Other things like jetways or cars and small details, for example, were already at 1024x1024 in FSX, so they look exactly the same in FS9.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 10:29:12 am »
What did you decide to do, regarding the textures which, as I recall, was 4096x4096? Did you "just" resize them, or what was the procedure?

It's an hybrid approach:

The ground has been entirely redone and remapped to 1024x1024 so, there's no resolution loss at all on ground, and we replicated with (many) polygons the different kind of ground detail textures, that in FSX are made with Shaders. Of course, FS9 doesn't have bump mapping, so the ground look a bit more plain than FSX, but the resolution is all there.

The buildings were made using the original 4096 resized to 1024 textures, because doing a real remapping to 1024 would meant remodeling everything so there is a resolution loss there, but we tried to minimize the visual impact, by adding more detail textures that weren't there in the FSX version, so there's still a lot of custom modeling made specifically for FS9.

Other things like jetways or cars and small details, for example, were already at 1024x1024 in FSX, so they look exactly the same in FS9.

Nice! :)
Thanks, Umberto for clarifying!
Best regards, Anders

EDDT-Sebi

• FSX
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 01:13:36 pm »
Endlich auch FS2004! Ich habe mein Daume gedrucken!! Ich freue mich sehr auf LAX Scenery!
Finally FS2004! I've printed my thumb! I'm looking forward to LAX Scenery!
Good works.... Thank you...

Sebastian

I am deaf. Though i try my very best
my linguistic possibilities are limited:
i will make mistakes.

flusispieler

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 02:05:15 pm »
That one looks really nice. I will get this one for sure.
Thanks for converting it Umberto :)

Dieter K.

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 03:54:01 pm »
Hi Umberto,
very great news that KLAX for FS9 will possible.
Lot of customers are very happy.
Great support

regards
Dieter

a320driver

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 06:42:28 pm »
Just another FS9er saying thanks for providing a great scenery for us. I will be in the line to purchase when released.

Regards,
Joe Esposito

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 06:54:55 pm »
I thank you so much  ;)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:17:14 pm by Lindbergh72 »
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1