Author Topic: Zurich FS9 Upgrade  (Read 9986 times)

kiwiflyer

Zurich FS9 Upgrade
« on: September 29, 2011, 12:00:01 am »
Please forgive me if this has already been answered but a search through the forums hasn't turned up an answer. In the original announcement about the Zurich upgrade, it was mentioned that the initial FS9 upgrade would be available in July 2011. Can you give us any information about when you think it will now be available? I'm not trying to pressure anyone - but I've been looking forward to this and just want to know if it's still on the way.. Thank  you
Ian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Zurich FS9 Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:25:26 am »
The original announcement that was made in June was superseded by the release announcement here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4513.msg41281#msg41281

As explained in that thread, there's no point or releasing an FS9 update right now, since almost all the features added in the current update were FSX-only anyway (ParkMe, better textures with Bump/Specular).

The FS9 update will be directly the 2nd step, featuring the new Terminal B and, as already explained in other threads here, it will be released in time for the real Terminal B to enter into operations, which should be before the end of the year.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:28:42 am by virtuali »

kiwiflyer

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 05:13:19 am »
Thanks Umberto. I did try to find the info by searching the threads but was not successful. I appreciate the update and will be eagerly awaiting the new version by the end of the year. In the meantime, I am pefectly satisfied with Zurich the way it already is - as it is an outstanding scenery!  :)
Ian

Ankh

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 04:48:00 pm »
Just to clarify this one out precisely for once: the new Terminal B enters Service 1. December 2011, so I am glad to have the update latest on 30th November  ;D

Ankh

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 10:26:37 am »
Another update here: I just learned that the Midfield Dock E will also "offer" a third jetway for the A380 stand. Will this also be included in the update for Zurich? (Besides the A380 stand at the new Dock B...).

Ankh

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 10:14:24 am »
The FS9 update will be directly the 2nd step, featuring the new Terminal B and, as already explained in other threads here, it will be released in time for the real Terminal B to enter into operations, which should be before the end of the year.

Just as a remainder: you have 6 days left to let this statement become true  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 10:51:59 am »
Just as a remainder: you have 6 days left to let this statement become true  ;D

Regardless exactly *when* the new terminal enter into operation, we scheduled the update for the end of the year, and in any case GSX release now has top priority before anything else.

However, it will be a simpler update comparing to the O'Hare one, which means should be reasonably fast to do.

Ankh

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 01:50:22 pm »
Regardless exactly *when* the new terminal enter into operation, we scheduled the update for the end of the year, and in any case GSX release now has top priority before anything else.

Well, what a surprise...  ::) why you don't finally stop to tease customers with unnecessary comments on the release dates which clearly suggested an earlier release? I was 100% percent sure, that again, the correlation of the enter into operation of dock B and the release of the update was just to keep customers happily waiting and I am obviously once again confirmed. My post was just a little tease by myself to have you confirming the fact, that you actually care shit about updates which do not provide additional bucks. This really sucks, you keep posting almost half a year long, that latest when the dock enters operation, the update WILL be here, just to finally argue again, that you never said so and that the update was scheduled for the end of the year. Yet even there the same thing will start over again. You say now "scheduled for the end of the year" but instantly add "and [...] GSX has top priority". What's the point, be honest and tell everybody that you have no idea about when the update is finally released and everybody is fine. Now, I already see you arguing again end of December, that you were basically right, as you said that GSX has priority, therefore we can't expect the update to be released in 2011... Same story, over and over again. Glad that you at least deliver wonderful products, otherwise I would not take this kind of "spoof the customer".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 06:38:13 pm »
My post was just a little tease by myself to have you confirming the fact, that you actually care shit about updates which do not provide additional bucks.

That you are blatantly wrong, is demonstrated by the fact we just released a FREE UPDATE for O'Hare, BECAUSE we promised it, and that was long overdue, way more than the Terminal B update for Zurich is, since the new runways entered in operation a long time ago. And we don't really expect to sell any more O'Hare right now...which clearly proves how wrong and out of touch this comment of yours is.

The other FREE update for Zurich WILL be released before the end of the year, you are just making it up what we'll eventually say at that time, but the O'Hare update release is just there to prove we ALWAYS stick to what we said in the end.

Release dates with software are not always met, and this is so obvious that we shouldn't even remind it. In fact, no release date has ever been given, just a generic "when the real terminal will enter into operation, before the end of the year", which should give an GENERAL IDEA of the time period, and is not a precise release date.