Author Topic: No buildings  (Read 10866 times)

tebsu

No buildings
« on: September 26, 2011, 12:14:50 pm »
Yes, i googled it, No, i didnt find any solution for my problem or the solution didnt work

I just bought the scenery and activated it (i have no other FSD scenery) and once i am in the sim, i see this:

http://250kb.de/u/110926/p/kcrRwxXHTnDL.png
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:54:52 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 12:56:12 pm »
You should have come here immediately, what's the point of using google, since the original source of information is here ?

- Do you have the Addon Manager AND the Couatl powered products menus inside FSX ? Do you have both, only one, or none at all ?

If you are missing one or both menus, the most common cause it's the antivirus, the first solution to try is this one:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the sceneries with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

tebsu

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 12:59:09 pm »
I always use google in the first place as it is normally faster (first topic helps most of the times and some forum´s have weird search algorithms).

However, yes, i see both menu´s and i do have an entry in my library and it says, that its activated (i know, activation is not the issue). I also reinstalled it a couple of times and rebooted my computer. I do not have any other scenery in the whole U.S. and i do not run any AntiVirus Software (i do have one but that needs to be started.. no autostart and i am sure its not enabled in the background)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:03:45 pm by tebsu »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 01:13:26 pm »
Ok, just to be sure, can you confirm you have BOTH menus ?

Are you using the current installer for JFK ? It has been updated a couple of days ago when KLAX 1.1 was released so, you might not have the very latest version.

Check if you have a Couatl.err file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and, if you have it, post its content.

tebsu

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 01:22:13 pm »
yep there are those 2 menu´s and i do not have that file. only a keymapping.ini or something and as i bought the product today, i have the latest installer

http://250kb.de/u/110926/p/3YiuDiOOTptO.png
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:23:44 pm by tebsu »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 01:45:42 pm »
What is your Scenery Complexity setting ?

tebsu

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 01:53:00 pm »
maximum, before that, it was standard but tried both settings, no change

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 03:03:25 pm »
Do the buildings disappear after 2-3 minutes, or they are just not there as soon as you go to the airport ?

tebsu

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 03:04:39 pm »
they are not there all the time

Capnsully

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 03:30:01 pm »
Hi, I am also having the same issue with the demo. I was able to try klas with no issues, then uninstalled it and tried this kjfk, but despite reading all the many similar issues and fixes on this forum, cannot get the buildings to appear. I need to reboot after installing without virus protection? I'll try this tomorrow. when was the download version updated, as mine may be a whole 2-3 days old. All these problems and time spent troubleshooting is very frustrating. Very tempted to give up, glad I haven't paid yet. If I can't get it to work I'll send any error file, as I'd like to pay you.

Tx

Simon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 06:07:48 pm »
Ok, found the problem, it doesn't have anything to do with registration, activation, trial, antivirus, addon manager, couatl, etc.

There's a glitch in the updated installer (only the very latest one, and only the JFK one) that doesn't install a needed file if there wasn't a previous JFK installed on that system.

In your case, just run it again without uninstalling it, and it will work. If you already removed it, it should be enough to create an empty JFK folder under the fsdreamteam folder, under the main FSX folder and run the installer once.

We'll of course update the installer now.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:09:39 pm by virtuali »

tebsu

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 06:12:31 pm »
can you check the new download url? it gives an error. thanks so far for great support !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 06:22:37 pm »
The download works fine but, if you wait an hour or so, you'll be able to download a fixed installer that will not have that problem. The version number will be 1.2.2 (from 1.2.1)

tebsu

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 06:24:57 pm »
You are correct, it works, but not with mozilla. Just tried with Opera. Mozilla gives some error. I will wait for the updated version

tebsu

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 06:38:56 pm »
ok so it worked that way like you said but i am missing taxiway textures or is this normal? looks like some radarimage only below the taxiway markings (sorry to say that if it should look like this but isnt it possible to make real taxiway textures then?)

http://250kb.de/u/110926/p/mvNAi4I345dC.png