Author Topic: Will GSX be the end of AES?  (Read 23287 times)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Will GSX be the end of AES?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 01:53:18 pm »
I doubt you'll see that done.  Oliver has known about GSX for some time now, and he still has the FS9 market to himself.  As for FSX, we'll still need his jetways for airports that have them static, so he'll still be making money.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 02:18:45 pm »
As for FSX, we'll still need his jetways for airports that have them static, so he'll still be making money.

Which is why, exactly for that reason, he should allow to use AES for jetways alone, so we might even decide not to go after the market of enhancing other airports with jetways too.

AES users will ask for that feature, so they will have the freedom to choose the combination of products at their preferred airports.

Michael_B767_ATP

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 06:01:06 pm »
Hi,

The only potential problem with that idea, would users still have to pay the same credits to activate the airport (just for jetways) as opposed to someone who will be utilizing the entire package?.

Personally, I think you'd be better off creating your own animated/movable jetways. AES still has the FS9 market.

As for FSX, we'll still need his jetways for airports that have them static, so he'll still be making money.

Which is why, exactly for that reason, he should allow to use AES for jetways alone, so we might even decide not to go after the market of enhancing other airports with jetways too.

AES users will ask for that feature, so they will have the freedom to choose the combination of products at their preferred airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 06:04:04 pm »
The only potential problem with that idea, would users still have to pay the same credits to activate the airport (just for jetways) as opposed to someone who will be utilizing the entire package?.

New users, yes, but it would benefit those with AES credits already purchased .

Personally, I think you'd be better off creating your own animated/movable jetways.

Long term, probably.

duckbilled

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 05:05:19 pm »
I think GSX will make it necessary for AES to be updated graphically to be able to compete.

AES is way behind on visual appeal.

Oliver has been working on AES NG for a while.

I was thinking about this a little more the other day. With AES, Oliver customizes every airport and my understanding is that the jetways are a large portion of the workload. That's what you are paying for with AES - jetway animation and customized pushback (AES has different pushback paths for most gates). Since GSX's pricing structure is different (one time fee I'm assuming), there is no way they could provide AES type jetway animation on a global scale. FSDT would have to customize every single airport which of couse, isn't possible. I do, however, think a rewrite of the FSX jetway animation would be awesome and doable. It would be a big selling feature for me and I think it presents the best opportunity for GSX to dig in to AES market share.

So in the end, it sounds like GSX will be global solution and AES will continue to be a local, more customized solution for specific airports.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 02:05:57 pm »
I do, however, think a rewrite of the FSX jetway animation would be awesome and doable.

I think they've already done a rewrite, at least for their own airports.  I called for a jetway at LAX the other day, and the animation was considerably smoother than you find at a default airport.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 02:17:51 pm »
I think they've already done a rewrite, at least for their own airports.  I called for a jetway at LAX the other day, and the animation was considerably smoother than you find at a default airport.

We haven't changed anything in the default FSX jetways system, the animations are still entirely under FSX control, at all our airports.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 08:18:27 pm »
I think GSX will make it necessary for AES to be updated graphically to be able to compete.

AES is way behind on visual appeal.

I think AES will bring to the table much needed inovated improvement of current AES services.  Find out what others are doing....and just simply make it better. :)
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2011, 02:21:02 pm »
I don't see Oliver adding things like animated people to AES... he's known about GSX from the get go, so if that was in his plans, we would've heard something about it.  Once GSX releases, it wouldn't surprise me if Oliver stops supporting FSX.

Fredecardoso

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 11:01:10 pm »
If thw GSX gets support for FS9, the AES, goes down automaticly...i think...

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 07:59:31 am »
If this helps Ground Service X, As in for Flight Simulator X not for FS9 ;D
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Fredecardoso

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 12:33:30 pm »
If this helps Ground Service X, As in for Flight Simulator X not for FS9 ;D

I know, but, if some way, FSFDT creates a identical system(Identical as GSX) for FS9, the AES, goes down...

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2011, 02:37:12 pm »
I know, but, if some way, FSFDT creates a identical system(Identical as GSX) for FS9, the AES, goes down...

As Umberto has already stated, an FS9 version is not possible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 08:01:09 pm »

We made GSX to sell it, not to bring AES down.

At the current market situation, we can finally sell an FSX-only product and be happy with sales even without FS9. Particularly if it's a must-have utility that covers all the world like GSX, not a scenery, that might not interest everyone.