Author Topic: Multiple runways in use  (Read 5866 times)

Trindade

Multiple runways in use
« on: March 21, 2008, 08:17:17 am »
Would it be possible for FSdreamteam to make it possible to have AI-traffic using all 3 runways at the same time.

Yesterday when I decided to make a flight from Zurich to Heathrow, it took me more than half an hour to get
airborne due to waiting on traffic. The system had chosen rwy 14 for landing and takeoff.. as I was using online-wether.

mikael1984

Re: Multiple runways in use
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 04:39:49 pm »
Different runways are used depending on weather, wind etc. But it is possible and not very hard to get all three runways to work at the same time. The method is called "Crosswind".
I edited the Chicago O'hare so it uses all runways. I does not take long to land or take-off now :)

Trindade

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 05:23:30 pm »
Hi Mikael

Could you please explain how to use/operate/make this crosswind work in FSdreamteam's version of Zurich.

Believe I can use the same solution for Brussels.

Where can I download this usefull file. Please assist.

Regards

mikael1984

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 04:39:04 am »
Hi Mikael

Could you please explain how to use/operate/make this crosswind work in FSdreamteam's version of Zurich.

Regards

Hi!
All the info is in the AP_xxxx.bgl file in the Zurich scenery folder. An external program is used to open it and then the edit starts. Basically a crosswind method is several "fake" runways with a certain degree between then and the real runways. This fools FSX and the ATC would send approaching and departing AC:s to all the real runways.

I could take a look at it, when I have time.. Since I don't have a copy of Zürich..

Regards,
Mikael

Trindade

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 06:56:50 am »

Hi!
All the info is in the AP_xxxx.bgl file in the Zurich scenery folder. An external program is used to open it and then the edit starts. Basically a crosswind method is several "fake" runways with a certain degree between then and the real runways. This fools FSX and the ATC would send approaching and departing AC:s to all the real runways.

I could take a look at it, when I have time.. Since I don't have a copy of Zürich..

Regards,
Mikael
[/quote]

Hi Mikael

Could you please advice the name of this external program that you are using.

And please - If you could find time, take a look at Zurich.

Happy easter from DK

mikael1984

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 12:03:37 pm »
Hi,
Sure just goole FSX Planner and you'll find the program.

Happy Easter from Swe!

Mikael

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 08:59:37 pm »
Hi Mikael

Regards

Hi

There is a good afcad available for LSZH which works with FS9. If you import this one into FSX it should work. If you go to the aerosoft forum you will have the same for EBBR.

harpsi