Author Topic: Aircraft holding short on RWY 4R  (Read 5730 times)

SlapTjip

Aircraft holding short on RWY 4R
« on: September 24, 2011, 08:49:07 am »
I have a little problem with AI getting instructions from ATC to hold short as it is about to turn next taxiway shortly after landing because of incoming traffic into RWY 4L.

Sadly the AI hold short halfway into the taxiway with the other half still on RWY 4R resulting in all short finals on RWY 4R to be given go around orders.

I have never installed any AFCAD's for PHNL myself, Used the AFCAD tool to see if there is other conflicting AFCADS just to be sure. I removed the AFCAD set by megasceneryX.

I using a combination of WOAI and default traffic, I converted the WOAI files to be FSX.

I am using MegasceneryX Ohau, I have Honolulu FSDT as top priority over MegasceneryX in the scenery library.

You can see in the picture how the 737 is holding short for incomming traffic into RWY 4L, in a very awkward position.

Thanking any helpers in advance  ;D

Regards,

Jacques.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:12:12 am by SlapTjip »

SlapTjip

Re: Aircraft holding short on RWY 4R
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 06:46:55 am »
Anyone  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:04:50 am »
I don't think that AI is holding short in that place, it's probably just stuck because *you* are too close to it, if you move away it should continue taxiing.

SlapTjip

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 12:25:35 pm »
I doubt it is because I am too close, I have another screenshot where a 321 and I are much closer with regards to taxi & with no effect.

AI only get stuck at that point in the picture with someone on short final into RWY 4L regardless of where I am, even parked at gate/ramp.

They only get unstuck when no-one is landing on RWY 4L when ATC gives them the continue taxi instruction.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 03:56:18 pm »
Maybe we are not understanding each other: what is the airplane in your screenshot that is holding short ? The small one or the fedex AI ?

The small one is probably too close, and it doesn't look there's an hold short there, which is why I said it's not holding short.

But if you were referring to the fedex AI in the background, then yes, there's a hold short zone there and yes, it is holding short and no, it's not too close so, if it's stuck there it's a problem but, if you were referring to that one, it would have been better taking a screenshot with a single airplane.

SlapTjip

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 10:08:34 pm »
 ;D I flew the twin prop (BN2 Islander).

The plane that is stuck is the Fedex 737-800 AI on RWY 4R. ATC told it to hold for traffic on final RWY 4L.

So it is just holding right in the middle of RWY 4R.

All AI planes get stuck where the fedx is when another AI is on short final for RWY 4L.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:11:21 pm by SlapTjip »