Author Topic: Which one is selling the most so far???  (Read 14408 times)

Dillon

Re: Which one is selling the most so far???
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 05:41:46 am »
Just a tid bit.....

I had the chance to speak with a client who is a manager of some kind over at Microsoft, and will remain nameless, and he tells me that even though the "offical reports" say other wise, the truth is that FS9 still is out selling FSX 3 to 1! ::)

Mmmm... Go Figure. ???

Now you know no one here is going to believe that...  ;) :D

Sekhet

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 09:41:14 pm »
Now you know no one here is going to believe that...  ;) :D

But...But...But... It has to be true it came from a Microsoft guy!........... ??? The people at Microsoft never mislead you.....ever!......... ::)

yea riiiigghhhttt!!! ;D
Cris B.
Capt. (Retired)

“There is a big difference between a pilot and an aviator.  One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight.”  - Elrey Jeppesen

UAL2842

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 07:14:00 am »
Well,

I am very pleased, to know we have a VERY talented scenery developer that has realistic goals for the future.  As well as, the ablility to please their audience.  To know that we will continue to see FS9 and FSX sceneries is always very important.

I own both FS9 and FSX, and I still mostly play FS9 because of the stuff I have purchased for it.  However when I get another 2 GBs of ram for my PC (Currently at 2 GBs) I will be switching over to FSX, and to be able to have activation of KORD and to come KJFK, I will be totally happy.

Thank-you FSdreamteam for all your hard work.  Looking forward to your next releases!

Best Regards,

Marshall Tomlinson

Mike...

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 11:53:14 am »
Just some interesting numbers. There are currently two Afcads in the Avsim Library for the new KORD, one for FS9, one for FSX. 628 versus 265 downloads... Draw your own conclusions.

mikael1984

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 10:37:39 pm »
Hi Mike,
I am very interested in the changes you have made for the FSX version. ARe they just runway changes or even the jetway + parking positions? As they both needed some attension.

Regards,
Mikael

Mike...

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 10:32:26 am »
My file is for FS9 only. I'm not a big fan of FSX to put it mildly. ;D

mikael1984

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 11:26:28 am »
Okey I see. Thats too bad ;)

B777ER

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 05:04:17 pm »
I think maybe Umberto may be missing one vital aspect as far as people changing over come 2009. By that time (if it is already not here which I think it is) I would think any users that were going to will have done so. Myself, I am not going to change over to FSX ever. I will stay with FS9 until FS11 is out. Reason? Well, by that time, FS11 will not be all that far out (a year at the most?) and FSX just simply has to many issues. Microsoft has pretty much admitted all the fancy stuff they put into Vista has caused it to be to resource heavy and slow. They now are developing a all new OS to replace Vista which is named Windows 7 for right now. In fact many OEM's have gone back to offering XP for new builds instead of Vista. Businesses cannot stand Vista. FSDT will see very very healthy sales this year with mega releases like ORD, JFK and DFW. IF and I think that is a big IF, they go to FSX only in 2009, sales will plummet. I would hope FSDT will just bite the bullet and continue with dual platform development until FS11 comes out. Then we can all go to FS11 together and move on.
Eric

mikael1984

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 05:08:23 pm »
FS11 would take at least 2 years more so expect it during 2010. That's what I have read on some MS blogs... And I really hope Microsoft makes it flyable for FS11 and not as "less good" as they did on FSX. And let's hope they add better support for multiple cores  ;)