Author Topic: Transparent aircraft plus  (Read 9531 times)

Fall_Guy

Transparent aircraft plus
« on: September 17, 2011, 09:35:44 pm »
Hi guys,

Firstly just wanted to congratulate you on your LAX scenery...............SIMPLEY AMAZING!   You have raised the benchmark yet again and if this is a taste of whats to come, then were ALL in for a FSX treat.

Noticed a couple of things:

1) When I press the key L (for switching ON my aircraft lighting) my aircraft lighting displays as expected, but the aircraft itself disappears except for the cockpit.  Also have noticed that SOME..... not ALL of my A1 aircraft also become transparent but then re-appear when there about a third down the runway during take-off.

2)  Have some raised polygons (poking through the taxiway) which cause my aircraft to jump up and tilit when taxing over them.

will do a few more test with different aircraft etc. and report back.

Im running FSX sp2 on windows 7 (64bit) 16gb Ram, and 590 graphic cards:  Ultimate traffic 2 was the only addition I was running at the time.

Many thanks
John

ps your lighting is FANTASTIC

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Transparent aircraft plus
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 10:11:15 pm »
1) When I press the key L (for switching ON my aircraft lighting) my aircraft lighting displays as expected, but the aircraft itself disappears except for the cockpit.  Also have noticed that SOME..... not ALL of my A1 aircraft also become transparent but then re-appear when there about a third down the runway during take-off.

Strange, does it happen with a specific aircraft, of any one, including default ones ?

2)  Have some raised polygons (poking through the taxiway) which cause my aircraft to jump up and tilit when taxing over them.

Have you set the Mesh Resolution slider to 5m/pixel, as the manual suggest ? Putting an higher value might show problems like that.

Fall_Guy

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:15:09 am »
Hi Umberto,

Have tried various aircraft LD767, PMDG, default A320 and B737.........ALL appear to have the same results,  However the aircraft that become invisible looks like the Bombardier CRJ700.  Also have noticed that if I zoom in close (using the + or - keys) the aircraft re-appears.  The aircraft also re-appears when it becomes airborne and gains altitude (say 500ft).

Have tried different locations around the airfield but are having the same results.

Finally have set my MESH res from 1m to 5m as you suggest and the taxiway is now clear of the polygon poke through.  This was taxiway C5 B (Runway 25R) where it goes over the freeway or rather where the freeway dips under the taxiway.  That said ......... As I view the aircraft passing over that part of the taxiway/freeway........... I can see the freeway through the sides of the taxiway.

Thanks for your quick responce.
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 12:21:23 am »
Have tried various aircraft LD767, PMDG, default A320 and B737.........ALL appear to have the same results,  However the aircraft that become invisible looks like the Bombardier CRJ700.  Also have noticed that if I zoom in close (using the + or - keys) the aircraft re-appears.  The aircraft also re-appears when it becomes airborne and gains altitude (say 500ft).

I really can't see how the scenery could affect the aircraft (and of course, nobody else has reported this), the only possible explanation is, since it uses many complex shaders and materials, it might exposed a video driver problem that you might not see elsewhere with less graphically complex sceneries.

Do you have KDFW ( even in Trial version ), check if it happens there and, if you have other FSDT sceneries too.

As I view the aircraft passing over that part of the taxiway/freeway........... I can see the freeway through the sides of the taxiway.

Yes, there are some visual problems on the taxiway bridges, we are working on them, it will be improved, but don't expect it to be perfect, because it's really a tricky thing to do, which the FSX graphic engine doesn't really support.

Fall_Guy

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 09:28:12 pm »
Hi there,

Right then, Ive run KDFW (activated) as you suggested, and there are NO transparent issues.  After several more tests and playing around I have observed the following:

1)  The Bombardier CRJ700 A1 aircraft is somehow connected to the Landing lights/Logo lights of my selected aircraft, At dusk/night when I switch on the main lights ('L' on the keyboard) the CRJ700 logo and cabin lights illuminate and when I turn off my lights the CRJ700's go out also. (This does NOT apply to any other A1 aircraft) Have also noticed that if my aircraft lights are switched OFF and I zoom AWAY form my aircraft (from the outside) with the CRJ in view at the CRJ lights come ON (Tail and Cabin).  If I zoom in again they go out.

2)  The transparent A1 aircraft appears only to be the CRJ700 and it only becomes transparent (ie just the cockpit and engines show) when it is close to the MY MAIN Aircraft at KLAX runway 25R).

I dont actually fly the default FSX aircraft (Mainy LevelD) so this information is only for your info incase it helps in anyway.  As regards the lighting connection with the CRJ its probaly more of a Ultimate Traffic 2 problem/issue than your scenery, but like I said its only what I observed.

Many Thanks for your time
John

Fall_Guy

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 09:02:31 pm »
Just an update,

Ive checked ALL my FSDT airports,  and only KLAX is producing this result.   Has anybody else experienced similar, ....... as this is now becoming annoying.

Many Thanks
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 09:44:21 pm »
You don't simply have a transparent aircraft, your entire scenery is totally wrong.

This is likely due to some other product that modified the default Shaders, or some kind of tweaker that acts on the video card. It's not the scenery. Fact that you see it at KLAX only, simply means that KLAX make more use of shaders, but that doesn't change the fact that, you something else has altered, there's nothign wrong with KLAX and you need to find and fix what's causing it.

If it was a problem of the scenery, everybody would have seen it.

Fall_Guy

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 10:22:30 pm »
If thats the case, then could you please explain how your KLAX has now completly disappeared? 

1)  I have checked and changed my G/cards control panel settings from OFF - 8x - 16x as  your accompanying pdf document suggests.
2)  Your addon manager in the FSX menu bar still reads HD texures ON and KLAX is activated.
3)  Your Couatl.err file in my apps folder only refers to an error at KDFW?
4)  Have reloaded KLAX several times now and have observed that in the FSX menu bar, where your addon manager is located each time I check to see if it has remained activated the Force HD tick box is checked (and then next time I boot fsx and chech again it becomes unchecked.
5)   Have also noticed that the Coualt.... option is now missing and only the addon manager is displayed.

My system is a NEW build only 2 months ago and NO fsx files have been altered in any way.  I only have your KLAS, KLAX, KDFW, KJFK installed, other installations are REXv2 and Ultimate Traffic 2 and thats it.

My Graphic cards are Nvidia 590GTX, 16gb ram, ASUS m/b and it run beatifully before installing KLAX.

I am not suggesting KLAX is the culprit and understand that there may be a conflict with you shaders, and possibly my video drivers, but I can only tell you what I see and observe.

Many Thanks
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 10:36:37 pm »
If thats the case, then could you please explain how your KLAX has now completly disappeared?  

Now you are reporting (and your screenshot shows) an ENTIRELY different problem.

3)  Your Couatl.err file in my apps folder only refers to an error at KDFW?

If would have been more helpful if you posted the actual content of that file here. Perhaps it's an old error, there's a time and date of the error, if it's old, you can ignore it.

5)   Have also noticed that the Coualt.... option is now missing and only the addon manager is displayed.

That's the ONLY problem you have now, Couatl is not running for some reason, which is entirely different than your previous problem.

In this case, the usual suggestion applies:

- Uninstall KLAX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall KLAX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Fall_Guy

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 10:56:32 pm »
OK thanks will do as you suggest, in the mean time below is the info from the Couatl error. and just for your info (yes I do realise that its probably conneted to you suggested reinstallation,..............but I NOW APPEAR TO HAVE LOST ALL MY FSDT AIRPORT BUILDINGS.

couatl v2.0 (build 2179)
panic log started on Sun Sep 18 20:22:22 2011
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\KDFW\__init__.py", line 50, in onAppStart
AttributeError: 'KDFW' object has no attribute 'getRwsl'

Will report back tomorrow.

Thanks again for your time and understanding
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 10:59:09 pm »
That error was due to the fact you had an old version of the Couatl program, but is 4 days old so, I guess you fixed it in the meantime, and it's surely not relevant to the issue you are having now.

First, follow the above procedure exactly.