Author Topic: AA equipment at every terminal?  (Read 6156 times)

B777ER

AA equipment at every terminal?
« on: September 22, 2011, 10:44:22 pm »
Why are there baggage bins, belt loaders and other assorted ground equipment at every terminal with the American Airlines logo's on them? American is only at terminal 4. Can you all fix this please. Would like to see Delta logos on the equipment at Terminal 5 and Continental/UA equipment at 6 and 7.
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AA equipment at every terminal?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 10:53:29 pm »
It's obviously an optimization: there aren't many version of those objects, but just a few variations, repeated several times in slightly different poses, which is of course more efficient.

Note that, those vehicles are already programmed to disappear at the parking chosen, when GSX is installed. In that case, GSX will replace them with its own functioning vehicles, and they will have multiple liveries of many airlines, which can be customized per airport, but we hope to be able to add even more granularity, maybe linking it to the parking airline codes.

If you take into account that GSX will be free to use at all FSDT airports, you'll understand why we are not putting too much effort on ground equipment at our airports now, it's much better to program the airport in a way that it will be easily enhanced by GSX, and those will be models of much higher quality.

B777ER

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 01:05:45 am »
Very good Umberto. Ya, would be nice to have the GSX stuff tied to the ATC parking code....
Eric

skimmer

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 11:01:09 am »
 I gotta say that of all the airports that have I purchashed from you this one is the most disapointing . The lettering on the hangers are not sharp as other airports  and roads do not go as far( Look at FLL ),  and the hotels right next to the airport .  I love all of your work before this LAX .  I look forward to your first patch.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:15:13 pm by skimmer »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 11:08:25 am »
The lettering on the hangers are not sharp as other airports 

Skimmer, do you have the "Force HD Textures" turned/checked on inside the Addon Manager? That should take care of the blurry lettering on the hangers.

skimmer

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 11:18:24 am »
cmpbllsjc, I will have to check that cause right now I dont remember even seeing the" Force HD Textures " on the addon manager . Im gonna though . Thank you.

skimmer

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:42:37 am »
That made a world of difference. Thank you cmpbllsjc!!!!!!!!! :) :) Makes me wonder if anyone else expreiences this. If so I hope they read this.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 11:47:52 am »
That made a world of difference. Thank you cmpbllsjc!!!!!!!!! :) :) Makes me wonder if anyone else expreiences this. If so I hope they read this.

Glad to see that fixed it for you. ;D

Makes me wonder if anyone else expreiences this. If so I hope they read this.

I think a few people have mentioned it prior. No need for them to see this message though, the instuctions for setup are in the PDF that comes with the airport and it states that you need to have that boxed check.

Here are more tips quoted from Umberto.

In order to enjoy the scenery at its fullest, we suggest the following:

• Keep the “Mesh Resolution” slider at 5m/pixel, and the “Mesh Complexity” slider
at 100. With less resolution, some visual problems might appear.

• If you have an ATI video card, don’t use the “Adaptive Antialiasing” feature,
because it will cause visual problems on the ground.

• Due to the technique used, there might be some areas of the scenery that don’t
show the user airplane shadow correctly, this is normal, and it only happen in a
few places.

• Late in the afternoon, or early down, the Shader effects on the ground are more
visible, since the sunlight comes from an angle that makes the Bump mapping
and Specular mapping used on the concrete more apparent.

• On your Video Card control panel, set the “Anisotropic Filter” to 8x or 16x, don’t
use the default “Application Controlled” setting

• IMPORTANT - On the Addon Manager menu, be sure you have the “Force HD
Textures” option ENABLED! This is very important in order to enjoy the scenery at
its full quality, since it enables the usage of 4096x4096 texture resolution, which
is how most of the textures in the scenery were designed for.