Author Topic: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD  (Read 180859 times)

harpsi

• Beta tester
Re: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2008, 03:30:21 pm »
Do these AFCADs take care of the airline displacement at various terminals? Also, just a quick question, but over all which one is the most reliable AFCAD for smooth AI flying realistic or not. Thanks for your help.

For realistic approach, use one of them according to each situation. For a "simulism" approach just use the afcad file which comes with version 1.1.

harpsi

flyboy4165

« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2008, 06:58:48 pm »
Is anyone seeing Continental, US AIRWAYS, and, to a lesser extent, NWA aircraft parking at United's terminal while leaving open gates along the E and F concourses? For whatever reason, there always seems to be a pair of CO737s and US733s along the wrong concourses. All the other gate assignments, however, seem to functioning perfectly. I've tried to use the X and A files, but haven't seen a difference in either file. Any suggestions?

Great scenery, btw. Absolutely brilliant :-D

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2008, 07:03:50 pm »
Is anyone seeing Continental, US AIRWAYS, and, to a lesser extent, NWA aircraft parking at United's terminal while leaving open gates along the E and F concourses? For whatever reason, there always seems to be a pair of CO737s and US733s along the wrong concourses. All the other gate assignments, however, seem to functioning perfectly. I've tried to use the X and A files, but haven't seen a difference in either file. Any suggestions?

Great scenery, btw. Absolutely brilliant :-D

Plan A [AF2_KORD_A_s.bgl]: (less used)
- Departure runways: 28 and 32R
- Landing runways: 27L and 32L

Plan X [AF2_KORD_X_s.bgl]:
- Departure runways: 32L from “T10”, 04L, 09R and 32R at peak hours
- Landing runways: 04R, 10 and 09R at peak hours

About the first issue it is difficult to explain: in can be due to a lot of aircrafts on the airport, schedule issues, and so on. On my FS I don´t see this issue and I have let´s say 99 % of the possible airlines at KORD.

harpsi

flyboy4165

« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2008, 07:43:13 pm »
Hmm...I recently download a new UAL AI package from ProjectAI, but I wouldn't think that would have made a difference. When I had the old package, however, I rarely had a stray AC. But E1-E14 is empty with a few CO jets positioned around C20 and C14. Just for kicks, I think I'm going to uninstall the scenery and reinstall it just to see if any difference is made.

flyboy4165

« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2008, 07:43:39 pm »
btw thanks for the quick response!

flyboy4165

« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2008, 08:17:27 pm »
After a reinstall, there's no effect. A CO733, CO737, and a US319 were still parked at UA's concourse during early morning, with gates available at the F concourse (I think E was full this go around, which would explain the COs). If I were to dedicate ramp parking areas to CO and US, would that solve the problem?

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2008, 10:42:19 pm »
Yes, if you assign them with COA in first place and if you put them before the other ones. However, if they are available the first COA aircrafts arriving at the airport will park there as well.

harpsi

acoustic2

« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2008, 02:44:29 pm »
Ok, I have read this entire thread and have some questions...

I have modified the original AFCAD to tailor it to how I want to see AI traffic operate. The main things that I am trying to do is prevent traffic from crossing any active runway in an attempt to prevent backups. So, having said that, on a few of the runways I have selected "closed for TO" on one end and "closed for landing" on the other. FS seems to not like this and I always get assigned an easterly oriented runway by ATC regardless of wind direction.

For example- see below. I have developed a graph w/ two colums- one for takeoff and one for landing. The x represents "closed".

Takeoff       Landing
4L                                        X
4R                      X
9L                      X
9R                      X
14L                     X                X
14R                                       X
22L                                       X
22R                     X
27L                     X
27R                     X
32L                     X
32R                                       X

This setup prevents aircraft that are taxiing for takeoff to cross any runway that is being used for either takeoff or landing. It also prevents (for the most part) landing aircraft from crossing active runways as well.

When I use this setup with winds 270 @ 16 knots, FS assigns easterly oriented runways only. No matter what direction the winds come from, only the easterly runways are assigned by ATC.

Here are my questions:
1. Why is this happening?
2. How can I fix it?
3. Is there a way to only use 1 AFCAD and have the setup above?

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable AFCAD user so if I dont understand something I'll figure it out.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2008, 02:00:20 pm »
Ok, I have read this entire thread and have some questions...

I have modified the original AFCAD to tailor it to how I want to see AI traffic operate. The main things that I am trying to do is prevent traffic from crossing any active runway in an attempt to prevent backups. So, having said that, on a few of the runways I have selected "closed for TO" on one end and "closed for landing" on the other. FS seems to not like this and I always get assigned an easterly oriented runway by ATC regardless of wind direction.

For example- see below. I have developed a graph w/ two colums- one for takeoff and one for landing. The x represents "closed".

Takeoff       Landing
4L                                        X
4R                      X
9L                      X
9R                      X
14L                     X                X
14R                                       X
22L                                       X
22R                     X
27L                     X
27R                     X
32L                     X
32R                                       X

This setup prevents aircraft that are taxiing for takeoff to cross any runway that is being used for either takeoff or landing. It also prevents (for the most part) landing aircraft from crossing active runways as well.

When I use this setup with winds 270 @ 16 knots, FS assigns easterly oriented runways only. No matter what direction the winds come from, only the easterly runways are assigned by ATC.

Here are my questions:
1. Why is this happening?
2. How can I fix it?
3. Is there a way to only use 1 AFCAD and have the setup above?

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable AFCAD user so if I dont understand something I'll figure it out.

Hi

This issue has already been discussed for several times (well, let´s say for several years as well :P). You can never assign 4L for take off only and 22R for landing only, just as an example. FS will not recognize it. So, you can NEVER assign one side of the runway for one operation and the other side of the runway to another type of operation or even both operations. You can just assign the runway for TO or for landing, but both sides and not just one side.

So, in your schema 4L/22R won´t work, as well as 4R/22L, 14R/32L, 14L/32R. Only 9R/27L and 9L/27R will work properly.

harpsi

sticky1202

« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2009, 02:14:05 am »
With regard to flyboy4165 's situation of COA aircraft parking at United's terminal, it might unintentionally be more realistic then you think! I just flew out of ORD on Continental, and for the following reason, Continental now uses Gates B1-B4. Apparently more gate changes are also on tap.

http://www.executivetravelmagazine.com/page/Continental+moves+to+new+gates+at+O%E2%80%99Hare

mattix

« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2009, 06:42:32 pm »
where do I find the reworked AFCAD for KORD? do I have to reinstall the scenery? the problem I am finding currently is that there is only one active runway for example RWY10

mattix

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2009, 11:10:48 pm »
Harpsi, could you please re-upload your latest AFCAD for KORD as well ?

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2009, 03:42:46 pm »
Harpsi, could you please re-upload your latest AFCAD for KORD as well ?

Hi

Yes, I will do it today in the first post.

harpsi

migfar2007

« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2009, 06:32:21 pm »
place all files afcad it works properly or has fs9 afcad that takes forever?

Didier Chabanne

« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2009, 09:35:49 pm »
Hello

said me the girlfriends this was quiet nornal to see devices of passenger stationer in the freighters the airports

KORD?  . 

If I install AFCAD the prôblème goes correct according to you. 

thank you Didier Chabanne

I like to fly to Paris CDG and also flights to EDDF.
With Air Transat but B777-200ER/LR B777-300ER
FS2004