Author Topic: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD  (Read 181647 times)

Mike...

Re: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2008, 10:05:26 am »
Those who want an alternative, can get it here.

jasonc

« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2008, 09:30:53 pm »
Those who want an alternative, can get it here.

Thanks Mike, works like a charm!  As far as I can tell, AES seems to be working with it too! ;D

Mike...

« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2008, 11:49:51 am »
You're welcome. ;)

thepilot

« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2008, 09:47:22 pm »
harpsi, sorry to say that, but your afcads are really messed up.
I requested rwy 32R for t/o and was given that one.
But ATC didn't sent me to rwy's end but to the middle of it. How can that be?
I'm using plan B afcad.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2008, 02:30:00 am »
harpsi, sorry to say that, but your afcads are really messed up.
I requested rwy 32R for t/o and was given that one.
But ATC didn't sent me to rwy's end but to the middle of it. How can that be?
I'm using plan B afcad.

1. Afcads are made specially for AI traffic purposes and not really for own aircraft purposes. Plan B as well as all the other files have shortened runways, proper to AI traffic use...
2. Plan B doesn´t use 32 R in any ocasion. Don´t try 32 L. It doesn´t use it as well... Read the explanations inside about runways in use and wind settings as well, please. For your information here it is:
          Plan B [AF2_KORD_B_s.bgl]:
          - Departure runways: 22L, 28 and 14L at peak hours
          - Landing runways: 14R, 22R and 22L at peak hours

harpsi

substance

« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2008, 03:16:09 pm »
Hi Harpsi,

Thank you for the brilliant afcad files! They work fine for me.
However, I modified the length of 32L because with my custom ai only CRJs used this runway for departure. Now also ERJs, B737s, A320s are using this runway.

However, in order to prevent queues and to make ai traffic more fluid I have a question regarding departure from RW 32L.

How can it be achieved that aircrafts use multiple entries to a runway, i.e. not only T10 but T9 as wel in this casel? In simwings afcad for London Heathrow aircrafts can use three different intersections to enter runway 27L, which I think is quite realistic.

Your help is appreciated!

Regards, Goetz

thepilot

« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2008, 03:43:25 pm »
I'll give a try...

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2008, 02:45:07 am »
Hi Harpsi,

Thank you for the brilliant afcad files! They work fine for me.
However, I modified the length of 32L because with my custom ai only CRJs used this runway for departure. Now also ERJs, B737s, A320s are using this runway.

However, in order to prevent queues and to make ai traffic more fluid I have a question regarding departure from RW 32L.

How can it be achieved that aircrafts use multiple entries to a runway, i.e. not only T10 but T9 as wel in this casel? In simwings afcad for London Heathrow aircrafts can use three different intersections to enter runway 27L, which I think is quite realistic.

Your help is appreciated!

Regards, Goetz

Very easy. They come from the 3 intersections but the beginning of the runway is only on the first confluence of the 3 taxiways, otherwise they would choose just the first point where the runway starts.

In this bad picture you have three situations. The first one you can enter the runway via 3 taxiways. In the second situation aircrafts will choose only the two taxiways on the left and never the third one on the right. In the last situation, the aircraft will choose only the most closed one to the end of the runway. I hope you understand this bad picture :D

About 32 L on T 10, if you want to have some airbuses for take off, it is just a question of adding some more runways meters. But then you will have a lot of traffic on 32 L because this is the closest runway to the aprons.

harpsi

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 02:47:03 am by harpsi »

substance

« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2008, 10:28:56 pm »
Thanks for your reply harpsi,

my traffic now uses multiple intersections to enter RW 32L.

Regards, Goetz

ccourtney

« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2008, 03:06:58 am »
Harpsi:

About taking off from 32L, I've had some time to use your AFCAD, the W version by itself, and ai traffic approaches the runway for takeoff and we basically end up with two lines forming, one coming from the direction of the United terminals, and another from American's.  Is the AI ground control smart enough to recognize this and alternate which line has clearance to takeoff?  I'm seeing one queue or the other getting the clearance while the other just sits.  Am I doing something wrong, or this just a limitation of AI in FS 9?

Also, I'm going to ask your opinion on someone else's AFCAD who posted on here.  Would it be realistic to see departures on 14R and 10 concurrently while arrivals are landing on 9R?  Seems like a mid-air and/or ground collision in the making.  Not picking on anyone, I just want to know if that scenario would be real-world likley as I honestly have no idea.  With spacing tightly controlled by the tower I imagine it might be?  I totally understand the "simulism" vs. "realism" argument, but I maybe leaning towards realism.  Thanks.   

Chris         

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2008, 04:14:42 am »
Harpsi:

About taking off from 32L, I've had some time to use your AFCAD, the W version by itself, and ai traffic approaches the runway for takeoff and we basically end up with two lines forming, one coming from the direction of the United terminals, and another from American's.  Is the AI ground control smart enough to recognize this and alternate which line has clearance to takeoff?  I'm seeing one queue or the other getting the clearance while the other just sits.  Am I doing something wrong, or this just a limitation of AI in FS 9?

I see your point. I think it is maybe a limitation of FS 9 itself. Remember that the "american line" is much closer from T10 than the "United Line". So, I believe that you see that the american line is getting smaller much faster than the other one. Anyway this has to do with a lot of factors which can´t be controlled at all. That´s my opinion but I think that maybe a person like Jim Vile has more knowledge than me to answer your question.

Also, I'm going to ask your opinion on someone else's AFCAD who posted on here.  Would it be realistic to see departures on 14R and 10 concurrently while arrivals are landing on 9R?  Seems like a mid-air and/or ground collision in the making.  Not picking on anyone, I just want to know if that scenario would be real-world likley as I honestly have no idea.  With spacing tightly controlled by the tower I imagine it might be?  I totally understand the "simulism" vs. "realism" argument, but I maybe leaning towards realism.  Thanks.   

Chris         

Now, about this one, I totally agree with you. That´s why I did a lot of afcads thinking in a lot of tastes. In fact, there is no chance to see 14 R and 10 together in real life, both with aircrafts taking off. You just see 10 in one plan and together with 09 R. Also, you notice that 14 R is only for landing and never for take off. If you have one of the 14s runways for take off, it will be the left one. So, you are absolutely right. I also prefer realism. Otherwise I would "play" quake 3 or god of war III instead of FS 9. Good that you are with me on this one ;)

Just follow this webpage: http://www.fly.faa.gov/ois/

harpsi

ccourtney

« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2008, 02:05:17 am »
Harpsi:  Using Plans X & W, runways not shortned, I'm still getting the traffic wanting to takeoff from 32 L at T10 causing the multiple queue issue.  I was thinking with using either W or X they would taxi to the end of 32L and takeoff from there.  But that's not what I'm getting.  I use either W or X by themselves, no multiple AFCADS.  They should proceed to taxi to T12 shouldn't they in a non-shortned AFCAD?

Chris     

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2008, 03:12:30 am »
Harpsi:  Using Plans X & W, runways not shortned, I'm still getting the traffic wanting to takeoff from 32 L at T10 causing the multiple queue issue.  I was thinking with using either W or X they would taxi to the end of 32L and takeoff from there.  But that's not what I'm getting.  I use either W or X by themselves, no multiple AFCADS.  They should proceed to taxi to T12 shouldn't they in a non-shortned AFCAD?

Chris     

Sorry. I forgot to explain a little thing: runway 32 L is  the only only shortened on all files. There is no file with complete 32 L, unless if the runway in use is 14 R. If you want I can complete the runway for you. It is just 5 minutes of work.  ;D

harpsi

ccourtney

« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2008, 11:57:53 pm »

Chris     

Sorry. I forgot to explain a little thing: runway 32 L is  the only only shortened on all files. There is no file with complete 32 L, unless if the runway in use is 14 R. If you want I can complete the runway for you. It is just 5 minutes of work.  ;D

harpsi

Sure, if you have time.   :)

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2008, 07:33:24 pm »

Sure, if you have time.   :)

Here it is: plan W with runway 32L/14R complete. :)

harpsi

[attachment deleted by admin]