Author Topic: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD  (Read 180788 times)

ESzczesniak

Re: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2008, 04:54:00 pm »
I've been to KORD many times whether it be flying in or passing on the freeway.  From what I saw and have experienced Plan 'W' was always used for ops around the airport.  I had the experience a few times of flying jumpseat on FedEx's DC10 aircraft from KMSP to KORD (flight 1197 I believe).  We always landed on either 27L or 27R.  It's hard to believe Plan 'X' is the most used approach/departure plan at KORD...  :)

Based on my experience I'd say it's a toss up between plan X and W.  They tend to be a bit seasonal though, as the winds around Chicago tend to blow one direction or another depending on the time of year.

b742f

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2008, 05:05:50 pm »
Has anyone tried these new afcads with bad weather? When you delete the stock ILS' (there really is no reason to do that) you break the ATC when it comes to below minimums. FS9 does not recognize custom ILS' once the default ones are deleted as far as I know. I understand some people are obsessed with using fs9 not as a flight sim but as a passenger and spotter sim, but this is being taken a little too far. breaking features for it? all I wanted was a lot more parking with the correct parking codes, and all the missing nodes fixed.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2008, 06:24:49 pm »
Has anyone tried these new afcads with bad weather? When you delete the stock ILS' (there really is no reason to do that) you break the ATC when it comes to below minimums. FS9 does not recognize custom ILS' once the default ones are deleted as far as I know. I understand some people are obsessed with using fs9 not as a flight sim but as a passenger and spotter sim, but this is being taken a little too far. breaking features for it? all I wanted was a lot more parking with the correct parking codes, and all the missing nodes fixed.

Yes, that´s true. Many people do FS spotting. Me as well. We have to attend to all the kinds of tastes :P

harpsi

Mike...

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2008, 06:41:06 pm »
Guys, I'm just about done with my own Afcad, although there's always room for improvement. It's one file for all conditions. Two take-off runways and four (!) landing runways. I'll look at it once more and then attach it to this thread for anyone who may prefer to keep it simple.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2008, 06:46:29 pm »
FS9 does not recognize custom ILS' once the default ones are deleted as far as I know.

Don't worry about this. It's not that FS9 doesn't recognize custom ILS, it's the AFCAD program that doesn't handle instrumental procedures, but they can be put back by acting at the source code level.

When Harpsi will finally consider these AFCAD as more or less final, we'll revised them all, adding all the proper navigation stuff, like ILS procedures and all other instrumental procedures that are currently missing, also due to the renaming of the runways that happened compared to default KORD.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2008, 08:18:38 pm »
FS9 does not recognize custom ILS' once the default ones are deleted as far as I know.

Don't worry about this. It's not that FS9 doesn't recognize custom ILS, it's the AFCAD program that doesn't handle instrumental procedures, but they can be put back by acting at the source code level.

When Harpsi will finally consider these AFCAD as more or less final, we'll revised them all, adding all the proper navigation stuff, like ILS procedures and all other instrumental procedures that are currently missing, also due to the renaming of the runways that happened compared to default KORD.

The problem is when you invert the runway to make the star system. FS 9 will think that you have for example 2 ILS systems for runway 14 L but no ILS for runway 32 R. When I just click on it, it seems that I delete it. It is there but it is the only way to invert a runway.

Ok, Umberto, fine. But don´t forget to make the changes and send the files again to me to see if something gets wrong with the star system, because if you delete a runway to change this, maybe the star system is lost and if so, I need to do it again. I never tried to delete a runway. 

harpsi

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2008, 09:54:39 pm »
Hi

Just to inform you that I am testing now plan A. Plans C and D are complete. I think that to keep it simple for people, I would do 2 packages. The first one would have just the two more common files which are X and W with complete runways, which means that it would be reduced in number of files. The second package will contain 7 files: A, B, C, D, R, W and X, all of them with shortened runways for all different tastes and purposes, like flying, spotting or whatever you like to do with FS, in order to have a better traffic distribution specially for the runways available for take off. After the packages are done, I will send them to Umberto, in order to correct those little issues like deleted ILS frequencies. After that he would send the packages to me again, just to confirm that the star system is still there and working, and to improve more things if needed. Finally, the uploaded package would be placed again in the first post. That would be my intention. What do you think about this idea?

If you have some more questions about assignments and so on, please post here.

harpsi

Dillon

« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2008, 10:14:07 pm »
Guys, I'm just about done with my own Afcad, although there's always room for improvement. It's one file for all conditions. Two take-off runways and four (!) landing runways. I'll look at it once more and then attach it to this thread for anyone who may prefer to keep it simple.

Mike this is what I was asking for all along, one Afcad file for the scenery like most other sceneries out there.  I actually like Plan 'W' as that's the conditions I've seen at KORD most of the time in the real world but runway 10 departure is something else I like as you takeoff with the city skyline to the right.  If you do one nice decent Afcad I for one will greatly appreciate it.  It makes it simple when flying into any airport to have one Afcad file that does it all (well mostly).  ;)

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2008, 10:43:09 pm »

Mike this is what I was asking for all along, one Afcad file for the scenery like most other sceneries out there.  I actually like Plan 'W' as that's the conditions I've seen at KORD most of the time in the real world but runway 10 departure is something else I like as you takeoff with the city skyline to the right.  If you do one nice decent Afcad I for one will greatly appreciate it.  It makes it simple when flying into any airport to have one Afcad file that does it all (well mostly).  ;)

Sorry, you can have one afcad as your own preference. However, you can not say that with just one afcad you can simulate all types of configurations that happen in real life. I give you another example: EHAM. At EHAM, one side of the runway is always only for takeoff and the other side mostly opened only for landing. This can never be simulated with FS 9 and I think with FSX as well. That´s why I made some afcads for all tastes. You are just one user. There are a lot of users you may want to switch. I always switch afcads and you can never say that what I do is wrong. There are users who like flying, I like spotting as well. You can never say that you can´t do spotting with FS. There are users who are happy with FS 9 ATC. For me, FS 9 ATC is just horrible and I only fly online at vatsim. For example at vatsim you may have all the AIs from other pilots. However there is no rule that says you can´t have AI traffic without multiplayer session. I always stay without a multiplayer session because I prefere Evolve AIs that all those models from Squawk Box. As you see, there are a lot of possibilities for all tastes: different plans, complete runways, shortened runways, different crosswind star systems, and so on. I am providing all there when possible. :)

harpsi

harpsi

Dillon

« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2008, 11:14:00 pm »
Where is your EHAM Afcads, I'd like to try them out???  :o

Do you have them listed like KORD where the most used real world configuration is an option?

I hadn't thought of asking about EHAM even though you guys did that airport...  :)

BBriscoe

« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2008, 12:10:23 am »
I've just installed KORD, and noticed all the AI aircraft taxiing and parking over each other. Having read a few posts on this thread I see that this is a bug.

What do I need to do to correct this? I don't want to have to be installing AFCAD's all the time as the wind changes.

Ben

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2008, 02:26:10 am »
I've just installed KORD, and noticed all the AI aircraft taxiing and parking over each other. Having read a few posts on this thread I see that this is a bug.

What do I need to do to correct this? I don't want to have to be installing AFCAD's all the time as the wind changes.

Ben

Hi

Just install plan X or plan W. It should solve your issues.

harpsi

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2008, 02:30:02 am »
Where is your EHAM Afcads, I'd like to try them out???  :o

Do you have them listed like KORD where the most used real world configuration is an option?

I hadn't thought of asking about EHAM even though you guys did that airport...  :)

It is from cloud 9. There is a "zero file" which means NO real configuration, all runways opened, star system will all runways functioning. Then there is a double package of files depending on the wind settings and according to runway preference. These last ones are intended to simulate real operations, day and night. It is something like this I am trying here at KORD.

harpsi

Dillon

« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2008, 04:03:57 am »
So your Afcad's are included with the EHAM scenery from Cloud9.  I own this scenery so I'll look for it...  :)

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2008, 04:27:29 am »
So your Afcad's are included with the EHAM scenery from Cloud9.  I own this scenery so I'll look for it...  :)

Yes, my afcads are the ones included in the package.

harpsi