Author Topic: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD  (Read 181696 times)

harpsi

• Beta tester
Re: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2008, 10:54:24 pm »
Hi

Which frequencies to change exactly? Someone who posted asked me to change some frequencies. I have here a list but everything is like the list, but there are a lot of them with the same name...

harpsi

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2008, 11:01:16 pm »
Hi

About the plans for runway usage, the website you mentioned is very nice. However there are here a lot of different types of approaches and you must decide between 2 or 3 files. These board would need more than 7 or 8 afcads. It would be impossible to play with all of them. You would need to change every hour or less. This is a simulator. We can improve things with 3, 4 afcads, but not with all the possibilities. Anyway thanks for the tips.

harpsi

Mike...

« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2008, 11:52:40 pm »
- 22L: 23 departures
- 32L: 16 departures
- 32R: 14 departures

How do you get so many departures on 22L? I opened up 32L, 32R and 22L for departures, just to see if I could make two different Afcads instead of the one I use now, but except for occasional intl. terminal flights, nothing departs 22L. (And that makes sense based on what we know about departure runway selection.) Have you shortened both 32's in that configuration? Think I'm just gonna stick to the one file... Simulism rather realism.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2008, 12:02:53 am »
- 22L: 23 departures
- 32L: 16 departures
- 32R: 14 departures

How do you get so many departures on 22L? I opened up 32L, 32R and 22L for departures, just to see if I could make two different Afcads instead of the one I use now, but except for occasional intl. terminal flights, nothing departs 22L. (And that makes sense based on what we know about departure runway selection.) Have you shortened both 32's in that configuration? Think I'm just gonna stick to the one file... Simulism rather realism.

Hi

I am testing the last one. Yes, I have now all files with shortened runways :) :)

Now I get something like between 30-40% of the total traffic for every runway. I am decreasing every 1000 or 500 feet for the runways I want, and then I test the file.

harpsi

Danthepilot

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2008, 12:08:41 am »
Ok, so what is the consensus for the best realistic AFCAD?? Right now im using Plan W

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2008, 12:19:29 am »
Hi

There is no best realistic afcad... Go to that website and you will see a lot of runway configurations. I keep it with 4 because these 4 afcads make almost 92 or 93 % of all possibilities for KORD traffic. Plan X is the most used one, but most used means only arround 40 %.

I am now testing the 4 files with shortened runways. I am in the last one. I will upload the same package with shortened runways in the first post, for people who prefer more equal traffic distribution., but the initial one will be maintained for now. Then you can comment these files as well.

harpsi

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2008, 01:51:03 am »
Hi all,

In the first post there are now 2 packages, one of them (the original one) with non-shortened runways, but according to real flight configurations in use at KORD. The second package has the same files with shortened runways which will allow a better distribution of the traffic at KORD to the runways available for each file. Try it and feel free to comment.

Reported issues like aircraft assignements or COMM frequencies weren´t touched until I get more information from you. In any case after hours of tests I don´t find big conflicts except in the first 20 minutes where all traffic is still a little bit messy.

Have fun.  ;D

harpsi 

M-Sauce

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2008, 07:25:13 am »
Hi Harpsi, thank you for all your hard work, it is appreciated  :)

I had a suggestion for the two biggest KORD residents, AAL and UAL. I think no matter how many gates they have, you will always have planes scattered arround the airport cause these airlines have more flights scheduled than they have gates for! (Normal ops at the US of A. I've waited hours for gates!)

Anyway, I think a realistic solution to this would be to make relief gates for these carriers at their respective Maintenance ramps. Both American and UAL have maintenance hangars/ramps where this could be done. And as a last resort, you could make some uncoded parking gates at the hold penalty box locations through-out the airport. This is where ATC puts you out of the way as soon as you find out from Ramp Control that your gate is occupied.

Hope that helps.

Mariano

Dillon

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2008, 07:35:51 am »
Harpsi I was coming in for a landing at 27L with a listed ILS frequency of 110.50.  The actual frequency for 27L's ILS is 111.10.  Why is 110.50 listed in FS9's data base (if you open the default map and then click on the airport) as runway 27L's ILS frequency?   :-\

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2008, 09:52:36 am »
Harpsi I was coming in for a landing at 27L with a listed ILS frequency of 110.50.  The actual frequency for 27L's ILS is 111.10.  Why is 110.50 listed in FS9's data base (if you open the default map and then click on the airport) as runway 27L's ILS frequency?   :-\

In the list some posts above everything is correct. I will see if for FS purposes that can be changed as well.

harpsi

ed1963

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2008, 12:59:25 pm »
Hi Guys,

You have done an unbeleivable job on O'hare. The detail is second to none! I have been out to O'hare several times to watch planes land and takeoff and find that you can use 2 afcads for your flying needs. My plan is to use plan X in the winter season since most of the time the winds come out of the north and off the lake. I will change to plan W in the summer since the winds are from the west southwest. I find this is the most realalistic for the seasons. And Harpsi a Big Thank You for creating this airport and taking the time to perfect it. For someone not from the area and not to familiar with O'hare you sure did one hell of a job!

Ed   

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2008, 02:03:39 pm »
Hi Guys,

You have done an unbeleivable job on O'hare. The detail is second to none! I have been out to O'hare several times to watch planes land and takeoff and find that you can use 2 afcads for your flying needs. My plan is to use plan X in the winter season since most of the time the winds come out of the north and off the lake. I will change to plan W in the summer since the winds are from the west southwest. I find this is the most realalistic for the seasons. And Harpsi a Big Thank You for creating this airport and taking the time to perfect it. For someone not from the area and not to familiar with O'hare you sure did one hell of a job!

Ed   

Thank you for your kind words. You can even use all the 4 afcads in the package. If you think that there is one from the other 7 or 8 configurations left that you or someone wants to use for bad weather conditions, please, teel me and I will make on more file for you or for someone who needs. :)

harpsi

ESzczesniak

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2008, 02:11:09 pm »
Thank you for your kind words. You can even use all the 4 afcads in the package. If you think that there is one from the other 7 or 8 configurations left that you or someone wants to use for bad weather conditions, please, teel me and I will make on more file for you or for someone who needs. :)

harpsi

I wouldn't worry about it, but I was surprised to see Plan B over Plan C.  My understanding is that >95% of good weather ops consist of Plan X, W and C (roughly in that order).  Hardly do I think it's a big missing piece, but if you get bored, I'd think this is the one to add in.  As for me, I'll be happy with out it.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2008, 03:29:25 pm »

harpsi

I wouldn't worry about it, but I was surprised to see Plan B over Plan C.  My understanding is that >95% of good weather ops consist of Plan X, W and C (roughly in that order).  Hardly do I think it's a big missing piece, but if you get bored, I'd think this is the one to add in.  As for me, I'll be happy with out it.

Hi

I am testing plans A, C and D. Maybe in 4 or 5 hours I have them ready.

harpsi

Dillon

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2008, 04:36:51 pm »
I've been to KORD many times whether it be flying in or passing on the freeway.  From what I saw and have experienced Plan 'W' was always used for ops around the airport.  I had the experience a few times of flying jumpseat on FedEx's DC10 aircraft from KMSP to KORD (flight 1197 I believe).  We always landed on either 27L or 27R.  It's hard to believe Plan 'X' is the most used approach/departure plan at KORD...  :)