Author Topic: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD  (Read 180802 times)

harpsi

• Beta tester
Re: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 04:16:26 pm »
Hi

It is strange because parking radius is enough in the afcad, codes are there, you have the right assignements. Maybe there aren´t enough places. But I added more 20 places from the original one. It doesn´t happen to me and I have full traffic 100 % (GA, military and airlines) and I have almost all the airlines and flightplans available. Only in the beginning. I can investigate as well.

harpsi

John Haley

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 04:17:40 pm »
No, AFX is for both FS9 and FSX, you can switch between versions when you open up the program.      I read some posts though over at SimForums and see that this is a problem with other developers of scenery, they are indicating that AFX connections are much more "finnicky" in that the connecting points must match exactly, if anything is not matched precisely, then it shows as a fault.        

Regardless, I downloaded the old version of AFCAD and sure enough, no faults, just as you posted.       Now that IS weird.    

Thanks for the reply, keep up the good work.

John  

Ronny M

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2008, 04:30:13 pm »
I am not sure what you are doing but none of your AFCAD files actually show those much needed ILS frequencies without which nobody can ever land anywhere at KORD so here are those very important figures:

KORD ILS FREQUENCIES AND IDENTS

RWY    FREQ    IDENT

04R   110.10   IFJU
09R   110.50   IJAV
10    111.10  IMED
14L   110.90   IOHA
14R   109.75   IORD
22L   110.10   ILQQ
22R   111.30   IRXZ
27L   110.50   IIAC
28   111.10    ITSL
32L   108.95   IRVG
32R   110.75   IIDN

Please try and get these right as I attempted a landing on runway 32L and without the ILS was not possible except as a manual landing from approach through to touchdown.  These frequencies are put there in real world for a reason and your afcad file must match the real world charts which at the moment they only do partly.

AFX DOES work in FS9 and can be used whilst FS9 is running so angles and placements can be check immediately.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »
Hi

Again here it is.

harpsi

[attachment deleted by admin]

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2008, 04:44:13 pm »
Hi

Just one thing. Now, that the package is released I am starting to play with the lenghts of the runways. For example, when departure runway is 32 L, there is often a long queue to handle all departures and maybe some aircrafts can disappear after 5 minutes with no ground mouvements. The only possibility to make a better distribution of the traffic is to make runways more closed to the aprons shorter. I am starting will plane R which is the most obvious one, because runway 09R is the most closed to the aprons. After playing with shorter and longer runways with the 4 files, I can make another package for all of you who like AI traffic. :)

harpsi

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2008, 04:56:29 pm »
One quick, simple question...Does the AFCAD file that is chosen to be used need to be renamed AF2_KORD.BGL, or do we just drop, for example, AF2_KORD_Plan_X.bgl into the scenery folder and delete AF2_KORD.BGL?

Thanks!

Marty
Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2008, 04:58:39 pm »
Hi

Yes, you need to delete AF2_KORD.bgl, otherwise you will have double afcad files. You don´t need to rename Plan_X. You just use one single afcad included in the package like it is.

For all afcad files, you can give the names you want like AF2_qweiuvbiqeuviqeuvhbqieubviqeubviquebv.bgl, but it needs to begin with AF2_( ).  ;D ;D ;D

harpsi
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 05:00:38 pm by harpsi »

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2008, 05:00:00 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply, Harpsi!  Great work on the AFCADs!

Marty
Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

b742f

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2008, 05:00:18 pm »
parking looks great but now you introduced the biggest issue! You deleted all the ILS frequencies! They all show up as VOR or NBD??? Why?

ESzczesniak

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2008, 05:01:06 pm »
Could I make a recommendation that the note file in the next download include during what wind conditions the plans are used?  It would help in choosing the appropriate AFCAD.  To my knowledge it is as follows:

1. Plan X: Winds Calm or wind >4 kts from 360 to 130 clockwise.
2. Plan W: Wind >4 kts from 230 to 350 clockwise
3. Plan B and Plan R: Adverse or low visibility conditions during.  Don't have specifics for winds on those two.

I haven't downloaded a new version since the first one, so my appologies if this is now there.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2008, 05:01:38 pm »
parking looks great but now you introduced the biggest issue! You deleted all the ILS frequencies! They all show up as VOR or NBD??? Why?

Look above. ILS frequencies are there on the pictures.

harpsi

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2008, 05:03:56 pm »
Could I make a recommendation that the note file in the next download include during what wind conditions the plans are used?  It would help in choosing the appropriate AFCAD.  To my knowledge it is as follows:

1. Plan X: Winds Calm or wind >4 kts from 360 to 130 clockwise.
2. Plan W: Wind >4 kts from 230 to 350 clockwise
3. Plan B and Plan R: Adverse or low visibility conditions during.  Don't have specifics for winds on those two.

I haven't downloaded a new version since the first one, so my appologies if this is now there.

No, there is no new version yet. I am testing one by one to make more refinements. For example now I am testing plan_R with runway 09R with less 2000 feet than it is (5955 feet instead of 7955 feet) to see what happens to the traffic.

You recomendation is good. I will take that in attention.

harpsi

AaronMyers

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2008, 05:18:35 pm »
Thanks for the response. Turns out I'm just stupid.  ::)

I recently switched back to FSP for the American MD's because the paints are better and the codes were not correctly set for that model. Sorry for wasting your time.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2008, 05:20:08 pm »
Thanks for the response. Turns out I'm just stupid.  ::)

I recently switched back to FSP for the American MD's because the paints are better and the codes were not correctly set for that model. Sorry for wasting your time.

Eheh, no problem. It happens. :)

harpsi

Danthepilot

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2008, 05:44:45 pm »
hey harpsi, did u ever figure out how to fix the problem of "Ground" at Ohare because it should be saying "O'Hare Ground"......