Author Topic: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD  (Read 180801 times)

harpsi

• Beta tester
Re: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 12:42:34 pm »
Dillon, if you use ActiveSky, you could disable automatic updates, so you know what the weather will be like at the destination airport. That'll allow you to activate the proper Afcad. I only use one Afcad for KORD, but at several airports, I use two or even three. Especially at airports with one-way runways. Although not entirely realistic, KORD can work well without the need for multiple Afcads. My set-up uses three take-off and three landing runways at all times. Same as with the old SF scenery. I have a flight planned from KIAD to KORD in a United 763, should be sweet.

Harpsi, if you want a runway x/y to become y/x, you shouldn't need to tinker with ILS info. Unless the info was changed from the stock info. I have done this "runway flipping" at several airports and I've developed a fail-safe routine. Display Navaids, try and delete a navaid for a runway end, if available. If it tells you stock info can't be deleted, fine. If It "deletes" user modications and reverts back to stock settings, undo, then screen capture the properties of that navaid for later reference. Do this for both ends.

Then capture the properties of the runway in question. Then delete the runway. Then re-insert it, but "flip" all info. So if the base end was x, make the new base y, do this for all info. Markings, lights if applicable, etc... After you've re-inserted the runway, the navaids should already be linked to the proper ends. If you had to capture any ILS info, go into the properties of that ILS and make changes to reflect that capture. After that, the runway will be exactly the same and fully functional, except that the reciprocal end is now the base end.

It sounds like a lot of work, but as you know, it can be very helpful to recreate certain runway configurations.

That´s what I did. I just deleted and configuration was reverted. :)

harpsi

christiaan

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 01:24:45 pm »
In my FS9 I have not changed several setting like wind, I usually rely on the afcad which comes with the (add-on) sceneries.

Which new afcad is best suited for my KORD, or should I wait until you altered the files because of the suggestions which have been posted on the Forum.

Another small question, I think I noticed two M1 gates on the scenery.
This doed not distract me from the great scenery.

A special thanks Harpsi for all your effort in making replacement AFCAD's.

Henry 

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 01:57:28 pm »
In my FS9 I have not changed several setting like wind, I usually rely on the afcad which comes with the (add-on) sceneries.

Which new afcad is best suited for my KORD, or should I wait until you altered the files because of the suggestions which have been posted on the Forum.

Another small question, I think I noticed two M1 gates on the scenery.
This doed not distract me from the great scenery.

A special thanks Harpsi for all your effort in making replacement AFCAD's.

Henry 

Two M1 gates? Or 2 M1 taxiways?

Well, the best afcad is difficult to say. They are intended to be used dependent on the wind settings. Let´s say that plan_X is used almost 40 % of the time in real life, so if you use this one maybe it is better. I have the following:

a) Open FS >>> load aircraft and scenery plus weather addon or FS weather >>> if the file is not suitable for that weather, change file to the appropriate one >>> Open FS and load aircraft and scenery again
or
b) Go to a webpage with real weather, or go to vatsim website to see the weather at KORD >>> choose the best file according to the weather you have >>> Open FS and load aircraft and scenery

With the second option, you just open FS one time. If you are departing from KORD, it is no problem. If you are landing at KORD, specially after an 8 hour flight, well, it might be possible that the weather has changed during your flight and the suitable file is not the one you have chosen in the beginning. It is no problem. Just the fact that you would see landings where TO should occur, and TO where landings should occur.

harpsi
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 02:37:10 pm by harpsi »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 02:36:34 pm »
Hi all,

I decided to get back to work  ;D ;D ;D and I added plan R (called plan Rodney) which means that I uploaded a new complete package. This file has a third different way to configure the star system, which means that you have now 4 files with 3 ways to configure the star system. There are two files which work in the same way but runways in use are different. In this one, used more or less 5 % of the time at KORD, departure runways are 09R, 14L and 22L and arrival runways are 10, 14R and 22R. I added some simple issues like some curved taxiway lines missing, and the entrance from the west at runway 32L (T10) because it was missing in one of the files, for cargo aircrafts that entrance runway 32L from the west side.

Some people asked what file should they use if they want to keep just one, let´s say "forever". Well, it is always difficult to say, but concerning that plan_X is used 40 % of time and more time than the others, I would use this one. All files are intended to be used dependent on the wind settings. I normally do the following:

a) Open FS >>> load aircraft and scenery plus weather addon or FS weather >>> if the file is not suitable for that weather, change file to the appropriate one >>> Open FS and load aircraft and scenery again
or
b) Go to a webpage with real weather, or go to vatsim website to see the weather at KORD >>> choose the best file according to the weather you have >>> Open FS and load aircraft and scenery

With the second option, you just open FS one time. If you are departing from KORD, it is no problem. If you are landing at KORD, specially after an 8 hour flight, well, it might be possible that the weather has changed during your flight and the suitable file is not the one you have chosen in the beginning. It is no problem. Just the fact that you would see landings where TO should occur, and TO where landings should occur.

The file to download is available in the first post of this thread.

I hope you like them and please feel free to add your comments.  ;D

harpsi

John Haley

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 03:08:43 pm »
I usually get into the habit of fault finding the AFCAD with the AFCAD program I have and all of these AFCAD'S have a number of problems that are highlighted.    These sometimes can contribute to crashes, although in a number of cases it appears the check is indicating there is no link between several of the taxi-ways and hold short nodes.   Not sure if this is part of the development of the AFCAD so that certain planes do certain things, but there are a large number of "faults" in each of the AFCAD'S.    Sometimes, they are easy to fix, but with these I don't want to start messing around until I'm sure I can.     Do you use the "fault finder" built into AFCAD to check things out at the end.         Gotta say, impressive job you are doing nonetheless.     Keep it up. 

John Haley
Thunder Bay

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 03:22:34 pm »
I usually get into the habit of fault finding the AFCAD with the AFCAD program I have and all of these AFCAD'S have a number of problems that are highlighted.    These sometimes can contribute to crashes, although in a number of cases it appears the check is indicating there is no link between several of the taxi-ways and hold short nodes.   Not sure if this is part of the development of the AFCAD so that certain planes do certain things, but there are a large number of "faults" in each of the AFCAD'S.    Sometimes, they are easy to fix, but with these I don't want to start messing around until I'm sure I can.     Do you use the "fault finder" built into AFCAD to check things out at the end.         Gotta say, impressive job you are doing nonetheless.     Keep it up. 

John Haley
Thunder Bay

Yes, I use fault finder. Let me show you that it has no faults. Just as an example, plan R and plan X. First check, then post...

harpsi

[attachment deleted by admin]

dc10boy

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 03:50:46 pm »
Nice job on the AFCAD Harpsi!I use plan x and it is the basic config I see at
ORD almost daily. as for the AA 757s that were talked about earlier. here is where we have been putting them in real life.these gates should have radius to support  widebody acft.757 767......K-5, K-7 K-11, K-13, H-8 H-12 H-15.      K-19, L-8, K-16 and K-12 can also support 777 acft.within the last week we have started to put 757s on K-8 too though this seems to be a rarity.
Stan

Tom C

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 03:55:54 pm »
You've probably mention it somewhere Harpsi but for the life of me I can't find it.
I've just installed Plan X into KORD and started FS. Why is rwy 32L not starting where it should beside the Cargo area? It starts after the crossing runway, is it because of this?
You can see it in the second pic you posted above
Regards.

Tom C.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 03:57:12 pm »
Nice job on the AFCAD Harpsi!I use plan x and it is the basic config I see at
ORD almost daily. as for the AA 757s that were talked about earlier. here is where we have been putting them in real life.these gates should have radius to support  widebody acft.757 767......K-5, K-7 K-11, K-13, H-8 H-12 H-15.      K-19, L-8, K-16 and K-12 can also support 777 acft.within the last week we have started to put 757s on K-8 too though this seems to be a rarity.
Stan

Hi

Tks for your nice words. I can check those gates naturally, but what I see is that maybe the lenghts of aircrafts and wings can not be transported exactly from real life. I was measuring almost every gate with all types of aircrafts. For example, there are gates at concourse C which I thought: this is for boeing 747. But when you put 2 boeing 747 or even one 777 plus one 747, wings have colisions. That was almost 16 hours work non-stop. Of course we can improve even more. I will take notes from this. If you have more issues, please post here. :)

harpsi

AaronMyers

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 03:59:08 pm »
I've just installed the 'W' plan and it seems all AA birds are parking at the B concourse which seems to be for United mostly. The labels on the scenery indicate they should be at H and K which right now are basically empty.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 04:00:27 pm »
You've probably mention it somewhere Harpsi but for the life of me I can't find it.
I've just installed Plan X into KORD and started FS. Why is rwy 32L not starting where it should beside the Cargo area? It starts after the crossing runway, is it because of this?
You can see it in the second pic you posted above

That was made with intention. In real life (plan X and plan W) aircrafts depart from runway 32L via taxiway T10, and this runway is only used for takeoffs. That´s why I cut 1/3 of the runway. :P You can see that plan R and plan B have complete runways because it is not 32L in use but 14R.

harpsi  

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 04:05:03 pm »
I've just installed the 'W' plan and it seems all AA birds are parking at the B concourse which seems to be for United mostly. The labels on the scenery indicate they should be at H and K which right now are basically empty.

As you see here in the image you can see AAL at G (eagle), H (MDs) and K (the 767 is there in the picture). ARe you sure you have all the assignements correct for your aircrafts?

harpsi

John Haley

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 04:05:45 pm »
Weird.     I wonder if it's because I'm using this AFX program instead of the oldest version of AFCAD, when I check X version I have a lot of faults, here's just one of about 40 problems in the X version.   Maybe I will download the old version of AFCAD and try again.     Obviously, there's a problem somewhere.    Thanks for the post just the same

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 04:08:34 pm »
Weird.     I wonder if it's because I'm using this AFX program instead of the oldest version of AFCAD, when I check X version I have a lot of faults, here's just one of about 40 problems in the X version.   Maybe I will download the old version of AFCAD and try again.     Obviously, there's a problem somewhere.    Thanks for the post just the same

AFX is for FSX? You can not use anything for FSX here. These afcads are ONLY for FS 9 and I use the afcad tool, version 2.21 from Lee Swordy. It never gives me problems.

harpsi

AaronMyers

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 04:08:51 pm »
As you see here in the image you can see AAL at G (eagle), H (MDs) and K (the 767 is there in the picture). ARe you sure you have all the assignements correct for your aircrafts?

harpsi
I am sure:

Code: [Select]
[fltsim.7]
title=AIA MD_82_AMERICAN AIRLINES CONE
sim=aia_MD_8X
model=cone_no_refl
panel=
sound=
texture=American_CONE
atc_id=
atc_airline=American