Author Topic: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD  (Read 180786 times)

harpsi

• Beta tester
NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD
« on: March 16, 2008, 01:05:08 am »
Hi all,

After several hours of work, I have the complete package for KORD.

1. There are 3 files with a little readme inside.
2. As you can imagine, all 3 files are intended to be used with a certain wind setting. If you don´t set the winds for the specific file in use, you will have strange operations like arrivals on 32R or 04L for example.
3. As you already know, I don´t know KORD. I have never been in the USA as well. I did those files with all your inputs about airline assignements, technics in use for afcad and others.
4. You will find some incorrect assigments for sure. For these and other issues, PLEASE POST ONLY HERE from now on.

Thanks you for all your inputs. I am sure that this work is never completed and improved afcad files will come to make this KORD scenery as real as it gets.

harpsi
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 09:23:07 pm by harpsi »

Danthepilot

Re: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 02:09:34 am »
ok harpsi, you fixed the aircraft going on top of one another and the AA airline terminal is fixed, but i had about 40 aircrafts all lining up one runway...... They were landing the same runway plus one other runway, but just taking off on one...i used plan B.......should i choose another AF2, like A or C??

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 02:14:39 am »
Hi

I already found the problem because I am seeing it on my FS as well. It occurs with plans B and X. In order to do the crosswind star system I need to rename to runways: 14L/32R needs to be 32R/14L and 14R/32L needs to be 32L/14R. With this, ILS must also be renamed, but the problem is that I can´t delete the stock ILS. If you go to the navaids option, you will see two ILS for 14L and also two for 14R. 2 of them must be renamed into 32L and 32R. When I can sort it out I will post new files. It is just a little change, but maybe an .xml file will be needed... I have to wait for some answers. If you use file W you don´t have this problem because there were no runways renamed. Did you find any more issues?

harpsi

Danthepilot

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 02:20:08 am »
Nope, everything else looks great!!! So if i use file W, the parking codes and everything like that will be just like B?

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 02:25:15 am »
Hi

In these minutes I think I solved it. Let me try first. For now use file W when I try to test the other two. I just need 30 minutes to see where the traffic goes.

About your question: yes, all files have the same parking specs. Only runways are changing and some parts of runways or taxiways are not shown depending on what we want.

harpsi

Dillon

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 03:27:26 am »
Harpsi I'm having a problem with how your approaching this.  For those of us that use real weather (ActiveSky 6 for example), the weather conditions can change at the destination while en route (say from KMSP to KORD).  We need one single Afcad that can handle everything.  Having certain Afcads for certain wind directions is a little cumbersom to say the least.  If my weather conditions were static I'd be happy as a clam but dynamic weather is a whole other animal.  For FS9 to take into account a new Afcad would mean restarting FS9 with each wind course change at the destination airport.  That's not a viable solution for an international airport where for example my flight can originate at EHAM and end at KORD...  :(
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:30:14 am by Dillon »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 03:40:34 am »
Hi

The files are now ready and working. Two values from two fake runways were wrong for 2 files. That´s why it was not working. Now, it should be OK. There is one thing it can not be solved: to eliminate landings on runway 32 R. I decided not to close the runway at all. For those who want the runway closed for all operations, you can edit the afcad for yourselves.

Sorry, Dillion, but this issue has also been discussed: you have to choose between almost 100 % real life files with several afcads to simulate everything, or you just choose one of them at your choice, but then you will have landings where there should be take offs only and the opposite way arround. The problem is: one single afcad plus 100 % real operations is not possible. This is just a game... not real simulator. That one costs thousand million dollars/euros.  ;D

harpsi
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 11:16:57 am by Alessandro »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 03:52:38 am »
Trafficlook at KORD with plan X.

harpsi

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dillon

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 03:56:13 am »
Fair enough Harpsi...  ;)

For the record (and you might be surprised), Plan 'W' is what happens at KORD most of the time.  Of the many flights I have flown into KORD I've usually landed on runways 27L/R.  I love the 9R takeoff although I've never done it in the real world...  To takeoff with the Chicago skyline over to the right is great as you make that right turn headed for KLAX (CLS DC10 Fedex cargo flight).  I guess that's all in the wind now as my choice has to be Plan 'W' from your sets...  :)

Dillon

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 04:20:37 am »
Just checked out Plan 'W' and for the most part it looks good.  Those pesky American Airlines planes still don't want to park at their perspective terminals.  Now there's an AA MD80 parking in the cargo area just east of the International terminal.  The area just west of the rent a car area (I'm guessing this is for military and/or corporate parking) is now the parking area for a few American Airlines 757's.   I know this must be frustrating for you Harpsi but overall there's a huge improvement.  Now if you can get those last few AA holdouts to park where their supposed to park you'd be finished here. 

Again great work...  ;)

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 06:39:31 am »
Just checked out Plan 'W' and for the most part it looks good.  Those pesky American Airlines planes still don't want to park at their perspective terminals.  Now there's an AA MD80 parking in the cargo area just east of the International terminal.  The area just west of the rent a car area (I'm guessing this is for military and/or corporate parking) is now the parking area for a few American Airlines 757's.   I know this must be frustrating for you Harpsi but overall there's a huge improvement.  Now if you can get those last few AA holdouts to park where their supposed to park you'd be finished here. 

Again great work...  ;)

This was one of the things which took me several hours. That´s why I uploaded the files "so late". In my simulator, I got rid of AAL; DAL and UAL parked at areas outside the areas where they should be normally parked. And believe me, I have almost all the airline, GA, military packages available. Maybe you can edit it, according to your own codes. That depends also on what your aircraft assignements are. Anyway I can look at it again with more testing, because it is possible that someone finds more issues which means new files for download, since this work is never completed.

harpsi

dandan85

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 09:21:14 am »
This is going to sound silly, but where can I download these new AFCAD's?  ???

juancho

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 10:53:17 am »
May I suggest you post the link to the download in the first post. I had to dig through the entire topic to find the download.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 12:06:42 pm »
May I suggest you post the link to the download in the first post. I had to dig through the entire topic to find the download.

It is there :)

You know that maybe some users will find mistakes and that´s why the files are going to be improved if we can do even better.

harpsi

Mike...

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 12:37:46 pm »
Dillon, if you use ActiveSky, you could disable automatic updates, so you know what the weather will be like at the destination airport. That'll allow you to activate the proper Afcad. I only use one Afcad for KORD, but at several airports, I use two or even three. Especially at airports with one-way runways. Although not entirely realistic, KORD can work well without the need for multiple Afcads. My set-up uses three take-off and three landing runways at all times. Same as with the old SF scenery. I have a flight planned from KIAD to KORD in a United 763, should be sweet.

Harpsi, if you want a runway x/y to become y/x, you shouldn't need to tinker with ILS info. Unless the info was changed from the stock info. I have done this "runway flipping" at several airports and I've developed a fail-safe routine. Display Navaids, try and delete a navaid for a runway end, if available. If it tells you stock info can't be deleted, fine. If It "deletes" user modications and reverts back to stock settings, undo, then screen capture the properties of that navaid for later reference. Do this for both ends.

Then capture the properties of the runway in question. Then delete the runway. Then re-insert it, but "flip" all info. So if the base end was x, make the new base y, do this for all info. Markings, lights if applicable, etc... After you've re-inserted the runway, the navaids should already be linked to the proper ends. If you had to capture any ILS info, go into the properties of that ILS and make changes to reflect that capture. After that, the runway will be exactly the same and fully functional, except that the reciprocal end is now the base end.

It sounds like a lot of work, but as you know, it can be very helpful to recreate certain runway configurations.