Author Topic: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD  (Read 180856 times)

harpsi

• Beta tester
Re: NEW AFCAD PACKAGE FOR KORD
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2008, 05:55:49 pm »
hey harpsi, did u ever figure out how to fix the problem of "Ground" at Ohare because it should be saying "O'Hare Ground"......

I will look at this as well.

Does anyone know a peak of departure traffic at KORD? I need to test all files with full departure traffic to improve traffic distribution.

harpsi

Mike...

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2008, 06:01:03 pm »
If I may make some more observations...

I use AFX as well, it works perfectly fine with FS9 (which is all I use), but the Fault Finder is a little overzealous. My recommendation would be to uncheck the Open Links category when finding faults with AFX. If you do want to look for open links (and it can be helpful every now and then), use Afcad for it (uncheck everything but Open Links). Try and use only one program for the actual editing though!

As for the missing frequencies. They are still there, that's why the Navaid List is fine. But try and double-click on a couple of runways. I've checked myself and several of them have an empty ILS Ident field. The GPS receiver for example will not show the frequency for an ILS if the link between runway and ILS is broken. Map view should still show everything though. And the ILS should still work if tuned to the proper frequency.

In AFX you can edit the Ident field, you would simply enter the correct ident for that runway end. In Afcad, the only option is to delete and then re-insert the runway. That should restore the link between runway and ILS.

the problem of "Ground" at Ohare because it should be saying "O'Hare Ground"......

Open the Afcad and go to Lists > Comm Frequencies. There's one ground frequency called CHICAGO. In the stock Afcad it's called O'HARE. Try and change it to that and see what happens.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2008, 06:04:47 pm »
Hi

So Mike, everything works fine then? I have this problem about the ILS deleted if you click on thr runway. You know why? Because I had to delete those ILSs in some files in order to make inverted runways for the crosswind star system. 3 files have inverted runways, one of them has the two runways 04/22s inverted and for the other two, 04/32s are inverted. Only one file has no inverted runways, which is plan W.

harpsi

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2008, 06:12:22 pm »
Hi

I need to know from you how much runway lenght needs a 747 in order to play with runway lenghts.

harpsi

ccourtney

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2008, 07:45:29 pm »
What file should this AFCAD be placed in? 

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2008, 08:00:13 pm »
What file should this AFCAD be placed in? 

You should place the afcad at FSdreamteam\Ohare\scenery.

harpsi

ESzczesniak

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2008, 08:12:19 pm »
Hi

I need to know from you how much runway lenght needs a 747 in order to play with runway lenghts.

harpsi

That's hard to flat out answer, as it depends on takeoff weight and outside temperature.  Given the massive size of the 747, either of these can drastically change numbers.

From my charts, a 747 at MTOW, PACKS ON, anti-ICE OFF, standard altimeter, 15C OAT, 0 kts headwind, flaps 20 and a dry runwy without takeoff derate needs about 11,100' of runway for a takeoff.  Note that this is not the length of the takeoff roll, but the full length needed for a takeoff with RTO at V1, but that's how necessary takeoff distance is calculated.  Hence the reasons internationals almost always depart 32L full length at KORD.

A 747 at MLW, PACKS ON, anti-ICE off, standard altimeter, 15C OAT, flaps 30 manual approach, 0 kt headwind, autobrakes 4 and a dry runway needs 6,800' of runway for landing (plus 1000' displaced TD zone for most operations = 7,800').

I know you're doing this for AI which doesn't have nearly as many considerations, but I figured I'd give the worst case scenerios as something to work with.  By comparison, an empty 747, but all other conditions the same, needs 4,400' for takeoff (50,000 lbs of fuel) and 4,600' for landing (with 24,000 lbs of fuel per FAR min. reserve fuel).  As you can see, quite a difference.  Technically, these numbers are also specific to O'Hare, as aiport elevation will change density altitude.  Unless you're heading to some place like KDEN though, they won't change that much.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 08:22:23 pm by ESzczesniak »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2008, 08:16:44 pm »
Hi

Well, concerning that this is for AI purpose, I already checked and with an 8000 feet runway they need 4/5 of the runway more or less. I believe that they depart from 32 L full runway. The problem is: 32 L is one of the most closed runways from the aprons. If it has full lenght, no matter what crosswind star system you have because all aircrafts will go to the longest and closest runway. So, I am making experiences will short runways, and for this purpose, 32 L has to be naturally the sacrified one. Anyway I can provide original files and another set of files for people who want a more equitative distribution of the traffic.

harpsi

ESzczesniak

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2008, 08:35:17 pm »
Hi

Well, concerning that this is for AI purpose, I already checked and with an 8000 feet runway they need 4/5 of the runway more or less. I believe that they depart from 32 L full runway. The problem is: 32 L is one of the most closed runways from the aprons. If it has full lenght, no matter what crosswind star system you have because all aircrafts will go to the longest and closest runway. So, I am making experiences will short runways, and for this purpose, 32 L has to be naturally the sacrified one. Anyway I can provide original files and another set of files for people who want a more equitative distribution of the traffic.

harpsi

More than understandable.  Like I said, I know a lot of those things aren't involved in the AI performance.  I'm not even sure what they do regarding weights.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2008, 08:46:00 pm »

More than understandable.  Like I said, I know a lot of those things aren't involved in the AI performance.  I'm not even sure what they do regarding weights.

We have 3 choices:

- 32 L completely opened and traffic at T12:
a) advantages: good for heavies; heavies behaviour like real life
b) disadvantages: long queues to 32 L; all traffic will go there because it is one of the longest and closest runways; you can not have small traffic at T10, because you can only have one entrance and not two

- 32 L parcially opened and traffic at T10:
a) advantages: behaviour like real life specially for small traffic
b) disadvantages: long queues to 32 L and a lot of traffic will disappear due to the long waiting time; all traffic will go there because even with 2/3 opened, you have still the longest and closest runway

- 32 L parcially opened (more or less 5500 feet) and traffic at T10:
a) advantages: good distribution of the traffic; no long queues to any runway; small traffic still depart there;
b) disadvantages: since you donĀ“t have the longest runway anymore, heavies need to choose another runway which is maybe not so real

What is on the files which use 32 L as a departure runway, is option 2. What I am working now is to have aircrafts behaving like option 3.

harpsi

ccourtney

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2008, 08:53:17 pm »
I think I'm doing something wrong.   The parking assingments are really strange.  International airlines are parking at Concourse C which is United's.  And there are airplanes parking in all kinds of wierd places on the airport.  Ameican's planes are not where they should be either.  I have SimFlyer's KORD which I removed thru the Scenery Library before I installed your scenery.  I also recompliled the traffic BGL in Ultimate Traffic.  Maybe a conflicting AFCAD?  The paking is not "real world" as it is now.

Chris Courtney

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2008, 09:26:22 pm »

I think I'm doing something wrong.   The parking assingments are really strange.  International airlines are parking at Concourse C which is United's.  And there are airplanes parking in all kinds of wierd places on the airport.  Ameican's planes are not where they should be either.  I have SimFlyer's KORD which I removed thru the Scenery Library before I installed your scenery.  I also recompliled the traffic BGL in Ultimate Traffic.  Maybe a conflicting AFCAD?  The paking is not "real world" as it is now.

Hi

You have double afcads or you have not the correct assignements or even missing assignements in some aircrafts.

harpsi

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2008, 09:32:14 pm »
Hi

Almost ready the files with shortened runways. Just for example, what I am doing now is to have the simulator opened 30 minutes for each file at least and to see if the traffic is will distributed. I testes plans R and W already and the results with ground colisions and no long queues are good. For example, for file W, I got these:
- 22L: 23 departures     - 27L: 7 landings
- 32L: 16 departures     - 28 : 10 landings
- 32R: 14 departures     - 22R: 5 landings
It means that the traffic is more or less distributed now. I will go to the third file.

harpsi

Mike...

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2008, 10:41:31 pm »
the problem of "Ground" at Ohare because it should be saying "O'Hare Ground"......

Open the Afcad and go to Lists > Comm Frequencies. There's one ground frequency called CHICAGO. In the stock Afcad it's called O'HARE. Try and change it to that and see what happens.

After having landed at the new KORD for the first time, it looks like you need to change the 129.05 ground frequency and not the other one, although perhaps you can change both. No idea what they say in real life, but that should get the problem sorted.

By the way, I've found some great websites about KORD's runway usage:

- Go to

http://www.fly.faa.gov/ois

Click on the left part of your screen to the West Directory
Click to expand ZAU
On the little map, click on ORD

Your screen should be all of the various runway use plans at ORD, and the aircraft acceptance rates that each plan nominally provides. Plans B, X, and Wierd are the somewhat normal use plans, winds low with decent weather. Throw in some winds, wet runways (for no LAHSO), or low IFR, and it goes to hell in a handbasket really quick.

- Another good website is www.bigairport.com

Click on "pilot info", and then "runway config". It'll give you just about every situation that might arise.

Posts made on Airliners.net.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 10:48:27 pm by Mike... »

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2008, 10:50:48 pm »
For the problem of "ground" the solution is to sort the list of frequency and set the frequency with 121.675 called "CHICAGO" same first, this trick has resolved the problem on fsx afcad.

Alessandro.