Author Topic: enable mytraffic 2010 ai traffic in klax v2?  (Read 8379 times)

rudihiebert

enable mytraffic 2010 ai traffic in klax v2?
« on: September 19, 2011, 05:29:24 am »
I use mytraffic 2010.  KLAX does not show any AI traffic except for the occasional CRJ200.  Is there any afcad for KLAX v2 to enable mytraffic AI?  Thanks.
This scenery is great i love it great job.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: enable mytraffic 2010 ai traffic in klax v2?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 09:54:09 am »
The AFCAD that comes with KLAX works normally and, it's not tied to a specific AI package. We usually test it with UT2, but there's no reason why it wouldn't work with other traffic products.

About My Traffic, be sure you remove any AFCAD that comes with it instead, because they are made for the default scenery only, and creates problems to addons.

To find AFCAD duplicates for KLAX, use the free FSX Airport Scanner program, and remove all the extra AFCAD for KLAX, except the default one from MS and the one in the fsdreamteam folder.

altena

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 01:55:39 pm »
This is not true Umberto.
MyTraffic2010 is the only program (as far as I could check) that shows that problem. This is while the program does not recognize Ramps GA, but Gates.
This was already the case with FSDT KJFK, and O'Hara.
That's why I had to modify my AFCAD file, where I changed all those parkings into Gates.

I sen you hereby the modified AFCAD file. Try it out, but to be certain, first back-up your original AFCAD file.

Regards,
Henk
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:09:04 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 02:08:29 pm »
MyTraffic2010 is the only program (as far as I could check) that shows that problem. This is while the program does not recognize Ramps GA, but Gates.

It's possible all the airliners are flagged with atc_parking_types = GATE, not allowing the type RAMP ?

In this case, it might be better if you edit their aircraft.cfg to either add RAMP, like this:

atc_parking_types = GATE,RAMP  (this means GATE will be preferred, but RAMP is still allowed)

Or remove the whole line entirely, so the parking will be decided according to radius and airline code. It's best to fix it this way, so you don't have to fix every parking at every airport.

The reason why we flagged most of the parkings as GA Ramp, is to stop default FSX vehicles to appear, which are not so nice and kill fps.

I removed your attachement, first because I can't test it since I don't have My Traffic (as I've said, there are no problems with both FSX default traffic and UT2), and because the side effect of getting the default vehicles is not something I would like anyone downloading from this post would get.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:10:57 pm by virtuali »

altena

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 02:22:13 pm »
Thanks for this answer.
It's not so nice to delete the afcad. Nevertheless, it's your forum.
When I use your way of solving the problem, I have to modify some 150 aircrqaft.cfg files.

Rudihiebert, if you still would like to try out my afcad file, then I can send it by email.

Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 02:30:15 pm »
It's not so nice to delete the afcad. Nevertheless, it's your forum.

Exactly, we can't take responsibility for users downloading here a file we can't vouch for, your point was absolutely clear without including the actual file. Or at least, use some kind of external server to host it and post the link here, at least it would be more clear is not something we host.

When I use your way of solving the problem, I have to modify some 150 aircrqaft.cfg files.

But then you'll have to repeat it for each parking of each airport that was made like this to get rid of the default vehicles, and it won't make them disappear, which is why the parking were made like this in the first place.

If you use a decent text editor, for example the free Notepad++, you can do this automatically, look here:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-find-and-replace-words-in-multiple-files/

There's also a specific utility (free as well) made to do just this, search&replace over multiple files:

http://www.ecobyte.com/replacetext/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:35:48 pm by virtuali »

altena

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 09:51:54 pm »
Thanks again Umberto for your info.

"The reason why we flagged most of the parkings as GA Ramp, is to stop default FSX vehicles to appear, which are not so nice and kill fps."

Which means for instance: I don't see any pushback trucks anymore. I don't like that. Btw, I also can adjust the airport vehicles density in the FSX settings menu: None means: no airport vehicles anyway. Adjustments can be made there, in order to get both: airport vehicles and good frame-rates.

Important: I like the FSDT KLAX very much. It was a good job!!!! Perhaps, I should have mentioned that in the first place.

Regards,
Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 10:09:19 pm »
Which means for instance: I don't see any pushback trucks anymore. I don't like that

This is what we mean when we said that KLAX is ready for GSX, you would never want to see that.

Btw, I also can adjust the airport vehicles density in the FSX settings menu: None means: no airport vehicles anyway. Adjustments can be made there, in order to get both: airport vehicles and good frame-rates.

Nope, because the density adjustment is global, you can control what gets excluded, while we haven't flagged ALL parkings as RAMP_GA, only those with our vehicles, and if we didn't flagged the stands as such, people that wouldn't act on the ground traffic complexity slider will see both vehicles clashing, and in order to be sure they are removed, the complexity should be set to 0.

Instead, with this method, you can keep the complexity high, and default vehicles will show at some parkings, without causing conflicts regardless of the setting.

altena

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 10:32:35 am »
Umberto,

Let's await GSX then. I'm sure it will also decreases framerates. But...who knows.

Regards,
Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 10:43:47 am »
Let's await GSX then. I'm sure it will also decreases framerates. But...who knows.

GSX doesn't have any impact on fps, because all of its logic, which is fairly complex, runs *entirely* outside FSX, because it's a Python program that is run under the Couatl interpreter that, being an external .EXE not running in the same process as FSX, is being automatically scheduled by the OS to use whatever free cpus/cores you have and, since FSX never use a multicore system at 100% except when loading a scenery, any system with a least a Dual-core has plenty of cpu cycles to spare, which means we can code even the most complex logic in GSX, without touching FSX performance at all.

Graphic wise, is not very intensive, since you never have so many objects around you, its impact might be comparable to having a 2-3 more AI airplanes around you. In fact, since GSX removes default vehicles from a parking as soon as you indicate where you want to park, we noted the fps saving by removing the default vehicles, more or less balances out with the addition of the GSX objects.

So no, there aren't any performances loss, unless you run on a really low-end system, which wasn't really suited for FSX to begin with.

altena

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 07:20:54 pm »
Thanks for the answer Umberto. I then hope, GSX will soon be released.
It really should be nice, if it also should support add-on airports from Aerosoft and so.

Thanks again
Regards, Henk