Author Topic: Landing and Taxi Lights don't illuminate.  (Read 15150 times)

NMahinK

Landing and Taxi Lights don't illuminate.
« on: September 19, 2011, 01:40:27 am »
The landing and taxi lights don't illuminate on the ground at night when outside the aircraft (First Pic), but when I'm the in virtual cockpit, the landing and taxi lights light the ground (Second Pic), is there a fix for this? :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Landing and Taxi Lights don't illuminate.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:03:37 am »
They works just fine here, see the screenshot.

Does it happen with a specific airplane ?

NMahinK

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 03:15:09 pm »
The landing lights only light up when there's an FSX native aircraft (e.g. Defaults, PMDG747X, QW757), but for other aircrafts, the lights for some reason don't light up the ground. Here are some more screenshots, the last three are FSX native aircrafts.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 03:59:41 pm »
The landing lights only light up when there's an FSX native aircraft (e.g. Defaults, PMDG747X, QW757)

I think that's to be expected. It's likely FSX treats FS9 models differently, and they can't lighten up our FSX native ground. Sorry, can't be fixed.

NMahinK

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 12:05:16 am »
 :'(

NMahinK

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 05:40:52 am »
The landing lights only light up when there's an FSX native aircraft (e.g. Defaults, PMDG747X, QW757)

I think that's to be expected. It's likely FSX treats FS9 models differently, and they can't lighten up our FSX native ground. Sorry, can't be fixed.

So I basically have to taxi in the dark? Will FS9 have this problem if you guys make an FS9 version?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 10:31:54 am »
So I basically have to taxi in the dark?

If you use FS9 Airplanes in FSX, you'll have far worse problems that just taxiing in the dark, lower fps being the biggest one, but not only.

Will FS9 have this problem if you guys make an FS9 version?

Of course not, the problem is not caused by the scenery, it's caused by your FS9 airplane used in FSX, which conflicts with the native FSX scenery. When an FS9 airplane is used in FS9, it won't have this problem, since both airplane and scenery will run in their native sim.

nevetrek

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 06:51:51 pm »

>:( >:(
I have the same problem and my add-on plane and light are for FSX ...  Yes, that's correct light with all native plane !
This problem are only on KLAX, I never see this on other airport add-on...  
I think also, there is great if you think make a fix for this ... ( 27 € ) ...
By chance ... KLAX are not a darkness airport in night ... :-\ And the visual night effect are very beautiful on this add-on  ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:57:22 pm by nevetrek »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 08:53:57 pm »
I have the same problem and my add-on plane and light are for FSX ...  Yes, that's correct light with all native plane ! This problem are only on KLAX, I never see this on other airport add-on...  

I'm sorry, but I can't see what you are describing, and the other user confirmed there are no problems with native FSX airplanes.

See the screenshot below, it's taken with the QW757, which is a native FSX model

nevetrek

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 01:46:10 am »
Hum yes, my English is not very best for explain this ...

Yes, there is not problem with native Microsoft FSX airplanes, ( I name native the planes give with the FSX programme ) ...

I have this problem, dont'l light up the ground,  with all  add-on aircraft buy after, ( Wilco airbus series, Airbus X from aérosoft ... )  ( not conversion FS9 planes ) ... or planes use with "FSX 3D light redux"  ...
If your programme are not responsable, why this happen only on KLAX ??? ( and Dallas )

Pic with the same aircraft Airbus A320 with FSX Redux Light ...

On FSDT New York = O.K. On Geneva by FSDT = O.K. HONOLULU from FSDT = O.K. KLAX and Dallas from FSDT = Fault

( Yes, Yes I turn on the light  ;)  ) ... But this problem are not very important for me, I rarely fly by night and view light by cokpit are O.K. ...
I just report the problem sir ...
Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:31:46 am by nevetrek »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 06:47:51 am »
Hum yes, my English is not very best for explain this ... Yes, there is not problem with native Microsoft FSX airplanes, ( I name native the planes give with the FSX programme ) ...

If you mean default airplanes, then no, the scenery works correctly with non-default (addon) airplanes too. Which is why, to

I have this problem, dont'l light up the ground,  with all  add-on aircraft buy after, ( Wilco airbus series, Airbus X from aérosoft ... )  ( not conversion FS9 planes ) ... or planes use with "FSX 3D light redux"  ...

If your programme are not responsable, why this happen only on KLAX ??? ( and Dallas )

Because both are native FSX scenery with custom ground, runways and lights and entirely 3d due to the elevated taxiways bridges, while all the other sceneries around  (including our own Geneva KLAS, PHNL, for example) use FS8 polygons for ground and default afcad runways and lights, so it's possible that SOME airplanes have issues with ligths.

Since the scenery works both with all default FSX airplanes AND with a 3rd party one, as the screenshot I've posted with the QW757 indicates, maybe there's something specific with the method the airplane you tried do their lights.

Pic with the same aircraft Airbus A320 with FSX Redux Light ...

Does the issue appear only with FSX Redux Light ?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:24:11 am by virtuali »

nevetrek

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 12:23:07 pm »
custom ground, runways and lights and entirely 3d due to the elevated taxiways bridges, while all the other sceneries around  (including our own Geneva KLAS, PHNL, for example) use FS8 polygons for ground and default afcad runways and lights
O.K. I understand the choice ... But with some other Add-on with ( I think ) the same technologie, there is not this problem
I tried on 3D scenery with also bridges : Munich or CDG or on the news Athena without this little problem...

Does the issue appear only with FSX Redux Light ?
This appear only with "add-on" planes, the default FSX planes with FSX redux light add, work correctly  ...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 01:36:22 pm »
But with some other Add-on with ( I think ) the same technologie, there is not this problem I tried on 3D scenery with also bridges : Munich or CDG or on the news Athena without this little problem...

This appear only with "add-on" planes, the default FSX planes with FSX redux light add, work correctly  ...

Since as my screenshot shows, a native FSX *addon* airplane like the QW757 works without problems, and as you noted, default airplanes works too, it's clear the other addon airplane you tried must be doing something different.