Author Topic: default Scenery still showing up  (Read 14387 times)

kwensi

default Scenery still showing up
« on: September 17, 2011, 07:11:57 pm »
Hello I still have default scenery showing up in one end of the airport in these two small buildings the rest of the airport is fine just these two buildings I have checked what I could but still not able to get rid of it.

Please see pictures

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: default Scenery still showing up
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 07:14:46 pm »
In general, whenever you see something that looks wrong or with double buildings or default objects showing, check first for another AFCAD in conflict, they usually come with AI traffic package as well as other sceneries.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to find AFCAD duplicates and remove them.

AaronMyers

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 07:42:46 pm »
Use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to find AFCAD duplicates and remove them.

What program would that be?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 07:47:27 pm »
It's a program designed to search for potential AFCAD conflicts, it's free and can be downloaded from here:

http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/

Click on the Download Center link.

kwensi

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 07:48:09 pm »
In general, whenever you see something that looks wrong or with double buildings or default objects showing, check first for another AFCAD in conflict, they usually come with AI traffic package as well as other sceneries.

No Luck just did that am using Ultimate Traffic 2 latest version

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 07:49:59 pm »

If the Airport scanner hasn't found any conflicts, it doesn't mean there aren't any, it only means the scenery causing the conflict is not an AFCAD, so it can be any random .BGL you might have installed and long forgotten. In this case, it would be more difficult to find. The only thing sure, it's another scenery in conflict.

This, of course, assuming you keep KLAX at the top of the Scenery Library, which is were the installer puts it as default. If you have moved the layer manually, you need to be sure it stays on top of something that might clash with it.

Joshsum

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 10:22:49 pm »

If the Airport scanner hasn't found any conflicts, it doesn't mean there aren't any, it only means the scenery causing the conflict is not an AFCAD, so it can be any random .BGL you might have installed and long forgotten. In this case, it would be more difficult to find. The only thing sure, it's another scenery in conflict.

This, of course, assuming you keep KLAX at the top of the Scenery Library, which is were the installer puts it as default. If you have moved the layer manually, you need to be sure it stays on top of something that might clash with it.

I have had issues like that and have found the culprits by un checking different add-ons in my Scenery Library till the little buggers go away and then open up the contents of those scenery files and find the conflicting file and then turn it off by substituting the file extension from BGL to Off,  that way you can always find your way back home if you need to. It takes time but you will find it works.

kwensi

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 03:34:41 pm »

I have had issues like that and have found the culprits by un checking different add-ons in my Scenery Library till the little buggers go away and then open up the contents of those scenery files and find the conflicting file and then turn it off by substituting the file extension from BGL to Off,  that way you can always find your way back home if you need to. It takes time but you will find it works.

I finally fixed it. I found a .BGL file in my Fsx-Global folder and just put off after the bgl and it worked. Thanks everyone for you help.