Author Topic: Very Low fps on RWY 7L/R west of taxiway T  (Read 12282 times)

Silverbird

Re: Very Low fps on RWY 7L/R west of taxiway T
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 05:59:27 pm »
Just to let you know that i found the root cause for 'my' low fps in the western part of the airport.
I stepped into the "Transparency Antialiasing trap". I found this to be enabled in the video driver settings.
fps now doubled after disabling it. I get at least 23 fps with the deafult cessna with my 3840x1024 resolution (TH2GO).
In most areas, it's running at the limited 30fps.  :)

HAPPY sunday..

Yes! thank you Joerg I totally forgot about that issue it can have a great impact on frame rates so please guys double check your video card settings certain ones can push the sims frame rates very low.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

copilot767

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 11:58:58 am »
Holding at runway...Turned off Aircraft shadow at ground...my fps raised from 10 to 25-30...
At Kjfk & KDFW about 3-5 increasing..

Will we be informed, when a patch should be ready ?

Chris from Denmark :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 12:42:31 pm »
Will we be informed, when a patch should be ready ?

It will of course announced on this forum and, as usual, those downloading the the full installer after the patch is released, will not need to patch it.

As I've said in a previous post, the fps drop with shadows fix on is already done, but we are fixing other issues that has been raised, like the taxiway bridges, flickering light poles, missing parking stands, etc.

copilot767

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 12:58:54 pm »
Downloaded and installed KLAX yesterday, for me doesn´t look like the shadow on ground, have been fixed ???
Raised FPS from 10 to 30, when turned off ?? ... Or maybe I misunderstood.. That it has been done, but not yet been released ? :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:03:10 pm by copilot767 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 01:37:55 pm »
That it has been done, but not yet been released ?

Exactly, I specifically mentioned the other fixes, to explain why the fix has been done, but not released yet. Since the issue is easily resolved by turning the Airplane Shadows off option in the meantime, it doesn't make much sense to release a patch just for that one, only to ask to download another patch a couple of days later.