Author Topic: Very Low fps on RWY 7L/R west of taxiway T  (Read 12305 times)

mwilk19

Very Low fps on RWY 7L/R west of taxiway T
« on: September 17, 2011, 03:38:18 pm »
Hello,
        All of the posts that I've seen so far say LAX gives good performance. I must have something going on with my install or my system. On runway 7L, the best I can do with the default Cessna is about 14.5 FPS. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times with the same result. Any help would be appreciated as this is great looking scenery.
Regards,
Mike W.

2600K@4.6 GHZ,Asus P8P67,8GB Mushkin redline DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX480, Noctua NH-D14,NZXT Phantom case,Windows 7 Home Premium X64

joergalv

Re: Very Low fps on RWY 7L/R west of taxiway T
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 03:42:53 pm »
Hi fsdreamteam,

you guys did a great job. This scenery is awesome!

However, i do get terrible low framerates (12 fps) in the area of RWY 7L/R between taxiways U and T, while fps in the other parts of the scenery** are >20.
Rolling down the RWY towards east, while crossing taxiway T the plane makes a 'jump' (as if there is a cleft in the RWY) and fps are increasing all of a sudden >20fps.

Might this be a bug or FAROS / RWSL related?

**Tested with default Cessna and haven't checked other RWYS yet. Checked also for duplicate AFCADS. Non detected.
FSX SP2, No Acceleration

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Joerg
Joerg Alvermann

theshack440

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 03:47:19 pm »
I have a similar problem (if it's actually a problem).

Everything looks and runs INCREDIBLY except when I look over at TBIT. I will be getting in the 20s and 30s fps but then that comes into view and the frames drop to 10 or below. It only sometimes happens as well. Maybe it is just my machine or TBIT is just very complex and therefore requires more memory?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:50:44 pm by theshack440 »
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

joergalv

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 03:47:24 pm »
... On runway 7L, the best I can do with the default Cessna is about 14.5 FPS. ...

I noticed the same on RWY7L/R, while fps are much better east of taxiway T.

Seems i'm not the only one...

Joerg
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:11:32 pm by virtuali »
Joerg Alvermann

Silverbird

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 04:00:47 pm »
Hello fsx can be difficult sometimes and you might have to tweak it to squeeze out all the performance  Mike have you checked nickn guide I also listed a few others to be safe make sure you make a backup of your fsx.cfg and even your dll xml file under windows 7 its under C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX also water higher then 2 low will destroy frame rates don't go higher. it also seems fsx likes anything that's around at least 4.0 ghz. the pic above was with sandy bridge I5 at around 4.7 but 4 should be good but I see you good with that at 4.6.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.html make sure you check on hidden files folders under folder options.  my bottle neck right now is my video card so I keep settings low till I upgrade to something more powerful hope this helps and don't give up.

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

mwilk19

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 04:04:08 pm »
Thanks for the reply,
                             I've done all of those things. Are there static aircraft with this scenery? It seems that when the AI loads it really drops. Moresao than with any other scenery I own.
Regards,
Mike W.

2600K@4.6 GHZ,Asus P8P67,8GB Mushkin redline DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX480, Noctua NH-D14,NZXT Phantom case,Windows 7 Home Premium X64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 04:09:50 pm »
Does the fps improves if you turn off the Airplane cast shadows on ground option ? (I've merged the two similar topics here)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:12:06 pm by virtuali »

Silverbird

Re: Performance Problem
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 04:11:27 pm »
Thanks for the reply,
                             I've done all of those things. Are there static aircraft with this scenery? It seems that when the AI loads it really drops. Moresao than with any other scenery I own.

Not that I have noticed  but that's very odd that you get that performance with a sandy bridge I7 it shouldn't be that low. Mike what do you get in other scenery do you have dfw? what fps do you get there. thats other option I also turn off like Umberto mentioned its worth a try but something is bringing fps down.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

mwilk19

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 04:25:17 pm »
Umberto,
             The aircraft shadows was exactly the problem. Once I disabled the aircraft shadows, my FPS more than doubled. That was using the PMDG NGX. Shadows are certainly not a show stopper for me. Thanks for your help. Now I can start to enjoy this great scenery.
Regards,
Mike W.

Silverbird

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 04:38:03 pm »
Umberto,
             The aircraft shadows was exactly the problem. Once I disabled the aircraft shadows, my FPS more than doubled. That was using the PMDG NGX. Shadows are certainly not a show stopper for me. Thanks for your help. Now I can start to enjoy this great scenery.

That's great news Mike have fun having no shadows is also not a big deal for me.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 05:53:20 pm »
Don't worry, you will not be forced to run with the Airplane shadows off, that was only a request to confirm a theory which, funnily enough, doesn't have anything to do with airplane shadows...however, thanks to that confirmation, we found the problem and fixed it.

Expect a patch in the next days, so we can also have a look at the flickering lights and some visual issues near the taxiway bridges.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 06:22:41 pm by virtuali »

rsvette12

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 06:13:08 pm »
Expect a patch in the next days, so we can also have a look at the flickering lights and some visual issues near the taxiway bridges.

This is great news, thanks so much for this.  :)

Rich
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 06:22:22 pm by virtuali »

mwilk19

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 06:59:10 pm »
Umberto,
             Great news, great support. Is this something that could carry over to other scenery? I noticed that I got a pretty significant performance gain with shadows off at KDFW.
Regards,
Mike W.

Thralni

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 10:29:58 am »
That's awesome! Might also be the reason why my FPS were doubled when I turned off AI.

joergalv

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 12:38:05 pm »
Just to let you know that i found the root cause for 'my' low fps in the western part of the airport.
I stepped into the "Transparency Antialiasing trap". I found this to be enabled in the video driver settings.
fps now doubled after disabling it. I get at least 23 fps with the deafult cessna with my 3840x1024 resolution (TH2GO).
In most areas, it's running at the limited 30fps.  :)

HAPPY sunday..
Joerg Alvermann