Author Topic: FSX Crahses  (Read 13162 times)

anappy

FSX Crahses
« on: September 17, 2011, 01:53:09 am »
After I activated the LAX scenery I'm getting a CTD after a couple of minutes on the main FSX Free Flight Screen. The cause of the problem appears to be the g2d.dll anyone know how to fix this?

Silverbird

Re: FSX Crahses
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 02:14:17 am »
anappy what windows version are you running?
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

anappy

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 02:15:52 am »
7 64 bit

Silverbird

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 02:59:09 am »
7 64 bit

anappy I'm still looking around for that error try re installing  DirectX it shouldn't destroy anything. you could also  Try removing the FSX.cfg to another location and allow it to write a new one on restart you could always save your original  one somewhere else I know its alot just trying to help you figure this one out.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:02:17 am by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

anappy

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 03:39:52 am »
Did this no result

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 10:32:32 am »
g2d.dll is not related to the scenery, it's the module that handles things like the frame rate counter, the slew coordinates, the menus, etc. All the plain text, basically so, it doesn't really seems to be connected to the 3d scenery.

anappy

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 08:16:39 pm »
g2d.dll is not related to the scenery, it's the module that handles things like the frame rate counter, the slew coordinates, the menus, etc. All the plain text, basically so, it doesn't really seems to be connected to the 3d scenery.
Ok, thats good to hear, but how would I fix it if you know by any chance just reinstall everything or what?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 08:33:02 pm »
Ok, thats good to hear, but how would I fix it if you know by any chance just reinstall everything or what?

You might try deleting your FSX.CFG file located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, and let FSX rebuild one with default settings, maybe it's a tweak gone bad.

When you restore the FSX.CFG to default, be sure to re-enable the "Force HD textures" option in the Addon Manager, otherwise KLAX will look blurred. The KLAX installer automatically sets it but, if you restore the FSX.CFG, you have to set that option back.

anappy

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 09:19:57 pm »

You might try deleting your FSX.CFG file located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, and let FSX rebuild one with default settings, maybe it's a tweak gone bad.

When you restore the FSX.CFG to default, be sure to re-enable the "Force HD textures" option in the Addon Manager, otherwise KLAX will look blurred. The KLAX installer automatically sets it but, if you restore the FSX.CFG, you have to set that option back.
Sadly this didn't work.

anappy

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 11:10:42 pm »

Sadly this didn't work.

Update I ran a repair on FSX now I can't get past the splash screen and have two new faulting dll's those being the terrain.dll and simprop.dll

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 11:17:58 pm »
Update I ran a repair on FSX now I can't get past the splash screen and have two new faulting dll's those being the terrain.dll and simprop.dll

You should probably repair the Acceleration or SP2 installations too.

anappy

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 11:22:25 pm »
I'll give this a shot to

anappy

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 03:38:01 am »
Had it working now the problem is back.... :-\

Silverbird

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 05:52:10 pm »

Really sorry to hear that anappy  could be a possibly of your hardware being stressed out and failing but this is a very wild guess here, I know you might not want to hear the dreaded words of re-installing fsx fresh again as a last resort if it still fails there could be something wrong with you hardware. here are some links I found.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/16226-fs-x-crashes-all-the-time

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/66051-fsx-acceleration-issues
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

anappy

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 07:33:35 pm »

Really sorry to hear that anappy  could be a possibly of your hardware being stressed out and failing but this is a very wild guess here, I know you might not want to hear the dreaded words of re-installing fsx fresh again as a last resort if it still fails there could be something wrong with you hardware. here are some links I found.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/16226-fs-x-crashes-all-the-time

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/66051-fsx-acceleration-issues
Just reinstalled FS last night, finishing the addons today