Author Topic: Demo problem  (Read 9122 times)

rsvette12

Demo problem
« on: September 17, 2011, 12:48:21 am »
Hi Guys:

Looking to purchase but flying around airport to check it out in default 172 the lights on the light posts are flickering constantly not sure if thats a demo issue ? any help would be great.

Rich
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:01:27 am by rsvette12 »

rsvette12

Re: Demo problem
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 01:20:05 am »
Looking to pull trigger on this guys any help would be great.

Rich

gtp1500

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 03:22:28 am »
Some of my lights are flickering too...... Purchased.

rsvette12

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 04:25:22 am »
I purchased it to its like a slide show on a high end oc machine something is not right here ?

krwynn

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 05:40:59 am »
Same here...serious light flickering
Freeware Developer - FSX Pompeii Italy and Mount Vesuvius

AaronMyers

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 08:58:17 am »
I purchased it to its like a slide show on a high end oc machine something is not right here ?
Same here, although I noticed that suddenly there are default planes showing up at the gate, such as the Pacifica and Orbits planes. Default traffic has long been disabled, so wonder where that is coming from? Could be the source of the performance problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 09:59:27 am »
There's some flickering on the light and, it's exactly the opposite: IF we were trying to eliminate entirely, the performances would collapse (every single light would need to be sorted against eyepoint distance at every frame) so, it has to stay like that, I don't find it very disturbing.

Thanks to the fact we offer a freely downloadable Trial, anyone can decide on the scenery before purchasing it. The are no limitations in the Trial version, except it doesn't work for more than 5 minutes at time, but otherwise it's exactly like the purchased version so, please, don't purchase it hoping that something you believe is a "problem" will go away, only because the scenery will be purchased.

rsvette12

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 01:07:38 pm »
I do not understand your answer all of your other airports do not do this, is this the first to have this annoying feature other than that I like the product.

Rich

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 02:10:02 pm »
I do not understand your answer all of your other airports do not do this

I never said that all our other airports do this.

None of our other airports have the semi-transparent halo around them like KLAX, they are made using the standard FSX effects, which are slower and not compatible with 3d display (a request from testers was to be able to use the nvidia 3d vision system, and KLAX is fully compatible with it ) and, if we were trying to eliminate the flickering entirely, using *this* method, the frame rate will collapse.

Dougal

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 02:20:16 pm »
Hi Umberto

Sorry to 'but-in' on this thread, but the flashing lights is something I have too.  They are quite distracting.

Please do not misunderstand... this is not a complaint.  I'm just trying to clarify, as I've already purchased.  Are you stating that these flashing lights cannot be fixed?  If so, it's a real shame as this is, without doubt (IMO) the best addon scenery for FSX so far by a looooong mile.

Congrats on this release - it's very, VERY good!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 02:44:58 pm »
Are you stating that these flashing lights cannot be fixed? 

Not without some performance hit, or losing compatibility with 3d vision, or both. We decided the benefit in fps would offset the loss but, of course, anyone opinion about what is the best compromise is different.

We'll have a look at it, if we could at least make the issue less distracting.

gtp1500

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 05:05:21 pm »
I can live with flickering lights because everything else is spectacular!

rsvette12

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 05:22:30 pm »
Ah 3d vision - now I see - can we get it back to the way you use to it do it please I think it would be better perfomance wise, right now the fps are taking a hit with those kind of lights, would be nice if we had the option not to use it the way it is now, I would appreciate it very much.

Rich