Author Topic: LAX  (Read 108896 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LAX
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2011, 10:11:43 pm »
The 10$ Zurich discount should be made available for other FS9 sceneries.

It's already like that, you can use it with any FSDT product, until the end of 2011, it's not related in any way to the FS version. And, btw, it's 9$ now.

ckaack

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2011, 10:14:24 pm »
FSX was released 5 years ago!.

I've been through 2 computer upgrades since then and currently run an i7 @ 4,2 Ghz with a GTX 480 card, SSD disks and 6 GB of fast tripple channel RAM. Still no FSX for me.

I'm not willing to trade-off the smoothness of FS9 loaded with 100% AI, complex addons and weather for some eye candy. Show me a PC configuration that is able to run FSX in these conditions with high FPS in complex airports like KLAX and i'll switch to FSX in a heartbeat. You know what? It doensn't exist.

I have not tested KLAX yet, but KJFK I am reaching 30 fps with 100% AI and REX weather. I can not complain.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2011, 10:14:50 pm »
+1 and BTW many of the users in here don't respect anyone else than them self... One word... ARROGANCE  
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:17:15 pm by virtuali »
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

B777ER

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2011, 10:20:57 pm »
FS9 has been released in Fall 2003, which means it us 8 years old. In 8 years the performance of PCs have increased a lot, while cost went down. I guess after 8 years it is time to invest into the latest generation which is FSX, which itself is already 5 years old. I really do not understand the complains. Forget about FS9 now.

So what??? it's still one of best simulator ever. It's crazy to convert to fsx now.  >:( When MS flight is right around the corner.  

It's crazy in your opinion to convert now..and only your opinion. So because you chose not to convert and because now that you have waited so long that another version is on the horizon, it is now somehow FSDT's responsibility to keep producing FS9 scenery for you??? What is arrogant is users that feel that they are entitled to endless scenery production from companies for an outdated platform. That's like yelling at the music industry for not making 8-track tapes because you have chosen not to update your vehicle's audio system...same premise.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:23:51 pm by B777ER »
Eric

Dimon

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2011, 10:24:10 pm »
Umberto,

Is it safe to say that 99% there will be no FS2004 version? Is it final and if it's not when do you expect a decision on that?

Thanks

PS. FS2004 is not about age, not about hardware, but about the things that some people do not understand. I'm too lazy to explain it again. It's like talking with a redneck about french wine.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

laxclipper

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2011, 10:24:32 pm »
You Dissapoint me Greatly... I am now balancing whether to buy all your FS9 Sceneries for this... Give me a badass Super FSX Computer for under 1000$ and we'll talk but FS2004 has greater limits IMO... If I ever got this for my FSX (Which runs like a DUMP) it would turn into Microsoft Powerpoint... I can run at a care free-no lag Setup for FS2004 with MAX world traffic and with REX, etc. and it feels like FSX... so for a couple of year I will NEVER Buy a product from you for a loooong time.

Goodbye. Please delete your forum account on the way out.

Made my laugh so hard Eric... :D :D

Wow ???

Are there soo many FS9 users out there? They must have really budget PC's to not want run FSX. since must of them run fs9 because their systems can't run FSX.  What a shame because the PMDG 737NGX does not compare to the FS9 version from their old 737's. I support FSDt for their cosideration to FS9 but I am glad or hope they stay away from going back in technology instead of forward. to me FSx is to FS9 what Windows XP is to Windows 7.

Best regards.

Thank you

FSDT

Edgar

FSX was released 5 years ago!.

I've been through 2 computer upgrades since then and currently run an i7 @ 4,2 Ghz with a GTX 480 card, SSD disks and 6 GB of fast tripple channel RAM. Still no FSX for me.

I'm not willing to trade-off the smoothness of FS9 loaded with 100% AI, complex addons and weather for some eye candy. Show me a PC configuration that is able to run FSX in these conditions with high FPS in complex airports like KLAX and i'll switch to FSX in a heartbeat. You know what? It doensn't exist.

So please have some respect for users that have different views and priorities. You prefer to fly to mega hubs with 10 planes parked? OK, no problem, your call.

Very disappointing decision from FSDT, if KLAX FS9 is dead on arrival, please have a moment to consider those who were left behind, and supported the company throughout. We were even willing to accept a lower quality port, with fake bridges and so on. The 10$ Zurich discount should be made available for other FS9 sceneries.

And congratulations on KLAX, it looks great and runs better than most airport addons in FSX.

Well here are my PC specs. I7 960 stock, 570GTX, 74Gig Raptor drive for Windows 7, 300 gig Velociraptor for FSX only, 1 T for storage Barracuda drive, 6 gigs of 1600 3 channel ram, 24" LG monitor. I followed Nick' system set up for my whole OS and FSX. I have the following addons running every time I fly  my PMDG 737 NGX, REX, ASE, Megascenery, UT2 at 100% airliner traffic. I run KLAS(FSDT) or KSFO(FlightB) around 20-24 FPS very smooth. While on VC and when I am up in the cruise I average 30-40 FPS. This is more that sufficient and extremly smooth.

I would say your system is not optimized and you should really look into maybe following Nick's guide.

I wonder if the people running FS9 are still using Cassett tapes also? or VHS...

Edgar

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2011, 10:27:24 pm »
FS9 has been released in Fall 2003, which means it us 8 years old. In 8 years the performance of PCs have increased a lot, while cost went down. I guess after 8 years it is time to invest into the latest generation which is FSX, which itself is already 5 years old. I really do not understand the complains. Forget about FS9 now.

So what??? it's still one of best simulator ever. It's crazy to convert to fsx now.  >:( When MS flight is right around the corner.  

It's crazy in your opinion to convert now..and only your opinion. So because you chose not to convert and because now that you have waited so long that another version is on the horizon, it is now somehow FSDT's responsibility to keep producing FS9 scenery for you??? What is arrogant is users that feel that they are entitled to endless scenery production from companies for an outdated platform. That's like yelling at the music industry for not making 8-track tapes because you have chosen not to update your vehicle's audio system...same premise.

You are a noob. I have been flying FS since 98. FSX sucks so much, the worst simulator ever. I did give FSX a chance but I switch to fs9 again, due to horrible FPS.  >:(
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2011, 10:30:40 pm »
Is it safe to say that 99% there will be no FS2004 version? Is it final and if it's not when do you expect a decision on that?

It's not final yet, we want to test a few things, I only said that *right now* we don't know how to do it, regardless of the quality compromise, and the reasons for this I've already explained.

B777ER

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2011, 10:38:25 pm »
You are a noob. I have been flying FS since 98. FSX sucks so much, the worst simulator ever. I did give FSX a chance but I switch to fs9 again, due to horrible FPS.  >:(

I am sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome this LAX scenery is that I am looking at from the window of my PMDG 737NGX..... gotta go.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:39:30 pm by virtuali »
Eric

masondom

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2011, 10:45:51 pm »
A tribute to the flight sim market. My respects and congratulations to the team.
Dom

SirIsaac726

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2011, 11:04:31 pm »
It's crazy in your opinion to convert now..and only your opinion. So because you chose not to convert and because now that you have waited so long that another version is on the horizon, it is now somehow FSDT's responsibility to keep producing FS9 scenery for you???
Stop putting words in people's mouths.  He never once said it is their responsibility to produce for FS9 so cut the crap.  I find it so laughable that many FSX users seem to get upset that people haven't switched to FSX and vice versa.  Too many people feel the need to run their mouth's off at others over A SIMULATOR!

I am an FS9 user and will not upgrade to FSX because of Flight coming relatively soon.  I upgraded my computer once and was never satisfied with the results on FSX and wasn't interested in spending hours on end trying to tweak it.  I also had a ton of money invested in FS9 addons that I considered must haves and were not available for FSX.

Now, that said, I completely understand the decision to not support FS9 if that is what their final decision is.  It is disappointing, but understandable.

laxclipper

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2011, 11:10:42 pm »
Maybe we should ask Intel and Microsoft to stop developing new technologies or softwares because some users are in love with their pentium and windows 3.1 machines.... ::)

Now off to Fly my PMDG NGX  KLAX-KLAS-KSFO current weather with REX textures 4096 and ASE plus Megascenery The whole CA state and Mega LAS with 100% UT2.

Edgar

ckaack

« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2011, 11:11:14 pm »

I am sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome this LAX scenery is that I am looking at from the window of my PMDG 737NGX..... gotta go.

Indeed the most amazing scenery since a long time. FS9 sucks as the graphic can not compete with FSX. I fully agree that 30 fps in FSX with proper Hardware is not a problem, even with REX and 100% AI enabled.

DChockey08

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2011, 12:34:40 am »
So long FSDT.. Can't say I'm not disappointed in the decision.. I'll go spend my money elsewhere. 

peacedivision

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2011, 01:17:04 am »
Blown away by the quality and performance.  Thank you FSDT!!