Author Topic: LAX  (Read 108955 times)

Thralni

Re: LAX
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2011, 11:54:23 pm »
That looks truly great. I doubt my computer is going to like it, but it sure looks good. When it comes out, I'll be doing KLAX-KLAS-KLAX first thing! Then perhaps KSFO-KLAX-KSFO.

duckbilled

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2011, 05:49:59 am »
Release imminent? Wife will be out of town all day Saturday and Saturday night. It sure would be nice to have some FSDT LAX to keep me occupied.

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2011, 09:38:28 am »
That looks truly great. I doubt my computer is going to like it, but it sure looks good. When it comes out, I'll be doing KLAX-KLAS-KLAX first thing! Then perhaps KSFO-KLAX-KSFO.

Same here, KLAX-KSFO in my American Airlines NGX!  ;D

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2011, 01:51:37 pm »
KSFO-KLAX-KORD,KLAX-KSFO-KORD,KORD-KSFO-KLAX,KORD-KLAX-KSFO......Hmm that would be fun. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

01pewterz28

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2011, 04:25:37 pm »
I feel some DEN-LAX, ORD-LAX, MCO-LAX LAX-LAS-SFO-LAX-LAS runs coming

pmrose

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2011, 06:50:36 pm »
Virtuali, you may want to jump in before this gets out of hand if LAX is not released this weekend.......Or is it?

Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2011, 07:06:30 pm »
Virtuali, you may want to jump in before this gets out of hand if LAX is not released this weekend.......Or is it?

Surely this weekend, most likely today :)

laxclipper

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2011, 07:23:45 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

FSDT Thank you, thank you...

Definately A great weekend to send the wife to her mother's... ::)

Dimon

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2011, 08:11:24 pm »

Surely this weekend, most likely today :)

Any word regarding FS2004 status?
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2011, 08:18:49 pm »

We haven't even started thinking about it and, as it is now, we don't have much faith it can be done, we just made some informal discussions internally.

It's not only a matter of accepting a reduced resolution for FS9 (since it doesn't support the 4096x4096 textures we used), is that we also surpassed, by far, the maximum polygonal limit of the FS9 compiler, which means we would have to work for months splitting the scenery in smaller parts and retexturing it, losing both the optimization and our time, which would be much better spent doing another FSX product.

WillClark

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2011, 08:52:17 pm »
AMAZING CAN'T wait... SFO to LAX and back or to LAS....!
Will Clark
MOBO: EVGA Classified X58 3-way SLI
CPU:    Intel i7 980x @ 3.8
RAM:    24GB Patriot G-Series PC3 12800 (6x4GB) 1600MHz 9-9-9-24
CASE:  Cooler Master
GPU:    2x EvGA nVidia GTX480 SLI
PSU:    Thermaltake Toughpower (1200w)
HDD1:  Intel SSD 160 GB
Scrn: 1 View Sonic 23" Monitor (

B777ER

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2011, 08:56:41 pm »

We haven't even started thinking about it and, as it is now, we don't have much faith it can be done, we just made some informal discussions internally.

It's not only a matter of accepting a reduced resolution for FS9 (since it doesn't support the 4096x4096 textures we used), is that we also surpassed, by far, the maximum polygonal limit of the FS9 compiler, which means we would have to work for months splitting the scenery in smaller parts and retexturing it, losing both the optimization and our time, which would be much better spent doing another FSX product.

Good. Agree 100% that your time would be better spent working on the next FSX title rather than stopping forward progress to work months on a 8 year old platform for little gain. I hope this is the path you all choose and finally let go with FS9. I look forward to LAX and the next FSX title after that one.
Eric

global express

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2011, 09:01:21 pm »

That's such a shame. Sounds like my time as an FSDT customer has come to an end, a sad day for the hundreds of FS9 users that were all looking forward to purchasing LAX. :'(

aircanadajet

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2011, 09:02:09 pm »
Oh Dear! I can't believe it!!!!!!! I've been waiting for sooooo long for this.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2011, 09:09:13 pm »

Hmm sad regarding the FS9 status... However I fully understand your position!
Looking forward to release!
(I personally have moved to FSX, since the PMDG 737NG)
Best regards, Anders