Author Topic: Double Gates and Bleeding Textures  (Read 63479 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Double Gates and Bleeding Textures
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 03:19:30 pm »
tried it with the FSX A321 and IMO it wasen`t at the right Place

I still don't understand what is the problem you are having. The jetway is handled by FSX, you can park slightly forward or backard, the jetway will always reach the airplane's door.

And sorry what means 3rd party one ?

Addon airplanes not included in FSX.

If i set my normal FSX gates for the 3rd party one the gates are docking perfect.

??? Now I have to ask you what do you mean now, by 3rd party...

So if you use the same setup as the FSX Engine there should be no difference there...

Exact, it shouldn't. I guess we are not fully understanding each other. Can you please be more specific ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 06:27:36 pm »
how is a double scenery possible when all i had before was a KORD cross wind runway afcad which is now deleted

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 06:39:28 pm »
Try to use AFCAD program, search for KORD, and check how many AFCAD you have. You should have 2 at most, the Stock (default) and ours.

As you can see from axiom  message, he solve the issue by reinstalling FSX. Not that this should be normally necessary, but if one is not able to find the offending scenery in any other way, reinstalling might be the only option. As I've said, we can't certainly search all your hard drives for files that *might* create problems to our scenery in order to be able to delete them.

This is only related to the textures bleed through. The double jetway problem is an entirely different issue we are looking into, and it looks like an FSX bug.

axiom13

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 07:12:48 pm »
I take it back, the texture problem is being caused by the O'hare ground textures. When they load, the runway and apron textures bleed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 07:15:35 pm »
It's not, because we can't see any bleeding.

Which products you also have that might have an effect on ground ? UTX perhaps (although we tested it with UTX)

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 07:30:10 pm »
Yes I have ultimate Terrain X. I run with no autogen

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 07:31:09 pm »
Yes I have ultimate Terrain X. I run with no autogen

Please try with autogen

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 07:42:26 pm »
will there be a difference? Ill try anyways, but currently im in the process of reinstalling. Just to happens that i have needed to reinstall for quite sometime now, but havent had the motivation or cause until now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 08:16:17 pm »
It might. We observed some issue with Zurich as well, when running with no autogen at all. Try the lowest complexity setting.

axiom13

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 09:02:25 pm »
OK, Im very confused. I reinstalled FSX clean, then SP1 and SP2. Right after I installed O'Hare.
Now, the jetway problem is gone, but the texture bleeding is back. I have nothing installed but O'Hare, no other scenery. When I made my first statement saying that the bleeding is gone, this was because XGraphics from HiFi got rid of the FSdreamteam apron and taxiway textures. When it would load I didn't notice until later that the cement blocks didn't load and there was no apron texture, so I now beleive that the apron textures are causing the bleeding. About the jetway problem, it comes and goes. Very confusing...

axiom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 11:42:52 pm »
Have you tried to temporary fix for the double jetways problem we just posted ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 01:04:22 am »
I have not yet tried the fix for the double jetways. i have not yet had an issue with double jetways yet, but i have just completed my complete reinstall of fsx and still have the issue. autogen on normal.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 01:23:26 am »
Can you please try it with that fix posted ?

Regardless of the fact you never had double jetways before, it *might* be related to your issue, since the jetway thing was caused by a *bug* we think to have discovered in FSX handling of scenery exclusions, and the fix is a workaround for that bug, it might have an impact on the texture bleeding as well, because something wasn't excluding correctly.

We are not sure, because we can't see any texture bleeding, that's why I've asked you to try.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 01:35:36 am »
Just tried with the newer afcad, and no luck. Runway tire marks are bleeding all through out the runway.

axiom13

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 01:39:37 am »
JETWAYS WORK!!! but sadly tire marks, and apron markings bleed. Again, freshly installed FSX with SP1, SP2, and nothing but O'hare installed, and it still bleeds.

Sorry, but my first remark about the textures not bleeding was wrong because there were no textures loaded and I didn't realize until later. The markings would load, but the apron cement wouldn't so nothing would bleed. Now that the cement does load the markings bleed but thanks for the jetway fix

axiom
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 01:44:34 am by axiom13 »