Author Topic: Double Gates and Bleeding Textures  (Read 64208 times)

axiom13

Re: Double Gates and Bleeding Textures
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2008, 10:26:20 pm »
My cousin recommended that I should switch back to Windows XP because the driver might not be fully compatible with Vista. Any thoughts?

axiom

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2008, 06:38:33 am »
Im not gonna do that!!! that is going a bit to far for me. but is there anything else that we can provide in order to maybe get on the right track to get this fixed?

I would rather not take a refund at the current moment. I belive that this can be fixed. I talked with another guy on the Flytampa forms and he too said he had the runway bleeding prob with fsx sp1.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 06:42:08 am by bkircher »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2008, 12:48:23 pm »
No, I also don't think it's a XP vs Vista issue. We are all using Vista here, and we can't see any problem.

I think the most probable cause is FSX SP1, even if axiom said he's using SP2. Switching between SP1 and SP2 is FAR more easier than changing OS.

tf51d

« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2008, 04:13:44 pm »
Just to add to that, I have FSX SP1 running on Windows XP and have the bleeding problem, while my FSX SP2/Acceleration installation is on my Vista Boot Disk, and there is no problem!!

axiom13

« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2008, 11:54:39 pm »
i'll get acceleration then, didn't they make some terrain changes with acceleration?

axiom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2008, 12:02:39 am »
Yes, there are. But the changes were from SP1 to SP2. Acceleration, in this regard, should be exactly like SP2

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2008, 01:19:09 am »
what else can we do in order for this to get fixed?

also just had a thought, is there a way to remove the default ord scenery files to see if that is the conflicting part?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:56:31 am by bkircher »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2008, 12:43:19 pm »
As I've said, it might be worth trying with SP2.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 03:05:45 pm by virtuali »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2008, 06:58:16 pm »
Ill try sp2 when i get home, but axiom has a sp2 problem, so i dont think it will be any different with me.

but in the mean time how could i remove the default ORD?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2008, 08:03:56 pm »
Ill try sp2 when i get home, but axiom has a sp2 problem, so i dont think it will be any different with me.

I'd try it anyway. Perhaps there are two combined things at play here, one that is affecting axiom on sp2, and another one that is affecting you on SP1 that *might* go away with SP2. You never know.

but in the mean time how could i remove the default ORD?

It's not so easy. The right way to remove an airport, is with an exclude file. We provide an exclude in native FSX format (VTP exclude) at KORD. Default airports are inside the files named AP*.BGL (thousands of files) but it's not a simple as having just KORD with its own file. The AP*.BGL file that contains the default KORD, will also contains other airports in the area.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2008, 12:25:04 am »
Strange, it seems to work with SP2, but not with SP1. SO that means that it isnt fully compatable with SP1 or something to that effect.

Quite honestly im baffled right now.

axiom13

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2008, 01:21:38 am »
Strange, it seems to work with SP2, but not with SP1. SO that means that it isnt fully compatable with SP1 or something to that effect.

Quite honestly im baffled right now.

i made a mistake, turns out SP2 never installed. I remember running it though, but it never installed. As soon as i found out SP2 is the answer, I rushed to install it again but its not going. It starts caching, and when it reaches the end in starts to rollback and the installer closes, thats what must have happened when i originally tried installing it. HELP! This is the answer to the problem and its not working!

axiom
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 03:43:51 am by axiom13 »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2008, 05:52:12 am »
I cant help u there buddy, sorry. my install went very smooth.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2008, 12:50:00 pm »
It starts caching, and when it reaches the end in starts to rollback and the installer closes, thats what must have happened when i originally tried installing it. HELP! This is the answer to the problem and its not working!

I read in a previous message you were going to install Acceleration. SP2 it's not needed and will not install if you have Acceleration.

But, it happened to me once, that if you uninstall Acceleration, it's not possible to install SP2 anyway, and you have to uninstall FSX entirely and reinstall it from scratch.

axiom13

« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2008, 01:22:42 am »
IT'S FIXED!! NO MORE BLEEDING!! ALL THIS TIME AND IT WAS SP2!!

I reinstalled FSX and SP2 installed, I guess because I didn't modify any files in any ways until I installed both SP's. Im so happy right now its not even funny!  ;D

Im gonna do my LOT 767-300 EPWA-KORD flight!! Thanks for an awesome KORD, never thought I'd see someone do it, and Im extremely grateful!

Thanks again,

axiom

(Since the solution to the problem has been found, I think this topic should be locked or something)