Author Topic: Double Gates and Bleeding Textures  (Read 64268 times)

bkircher

• Beta tester
Re: Double Gates and Bleeding Textures
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2008, 12:25:07 am »
just tried with the new drivers 169.25, and still no luck

the only tweak that i have installed is a different autogen descriptions. TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=1600
[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=900
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1000
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 03:43:46 am by bkircher »

axiom13

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2008, 04:40:59 am »
how do I figure out what driver im using?

axiom

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2008, 05:15:17 am »
open riva tuner and look at the second box on the bottom that says "forceware version"

axiom13

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2008, 05:25:11 pm »
Im using 163.69.

Im very upset and angry. I went to the screenshot section and just felt very sad. Everyone is enjoying their KORD, and Im stuck here trying to fix it. I've been planning to do a flight, LOT Polish Airlines 767-300 EPWA (Warsaw)- KORD for months. Thats the first flight I ever flew on in real life, I was 2 years old. Thats when I immigrated to this country I love, where I can do anything I desire (like acctually become an Airline pilot, unlike in Poland where I would be stuck in a small town) I had temptations to do the flight with the default KORD, but kept on telling myself that Im going to save it for the FSDreamTeam KORD.
Now that I gave you my lifes story :), any new developments on fixing this problem?

axiom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2008, 06:17:48 pm »
Im using 163.69.

This is relatively old, can you try with 169.25 or 169.21, that I think it's the latest with WHQL certification ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2008, 06:51:58 pm »
IDK what else to do, i have 169.25, the latest version of rivatuner and ntune, fresh install of fsx. and i still have problems. Really dissappointing that i cant get it to work correctly. I guess a possible solution would be raising the runway markings up off the other textures, but i still get bleeding around the edges of the aprons as well. I would really like to get this fixed.

axiom13

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2008, 12:38:27 am »
ok i installed the 169.25 driver. is there a new setting that will get rid of the bleeding?

axiom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2008, 09:42:58 am »
ok i installed the 169.25 driver. is there a new setting that will get rid of the bleeding?

Assuming your are running in 32 bit color, both in the desktop and in the sim, the only setting that *might* have an impact, is only accessible via RivaTuner tweaker program, and it's the Z-buffer compression, under the LMA tab.

But, as I've said, I can't see no difference at all, I can't see any bleeding with either setting, even by playing with FSX settings like mesh complexity or switching between DX9 and DX10, I still can't see anything wrong.

That's the whole point of the issue: if we were able to reproduce it, it would have been already fixed, just like the double jetways.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2008, 10:22:22 am »
any new developments on fixing this problem?

The key here is for me being able to reproduce it. We might try another thing: can you post your FSX.CFG here or send it to me via email, so I can try it on my system with exactly the same settings as yours ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2008, 04:13:17 pm »
Here is my cfg

[attachment deleted by admin]

axiom13

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2008, 06:39:15 pm »
And here is mine. Could it be that im using Vista 64?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:52:28 pm by axiom13 »

axiom13

« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2008, 08:21:56 pm »
If this is elevation related, how can that be adjusted. And how was this scenery made that the texture could bleed? I have alot of other sceneries and they don't bleed. Zurich doesn't bleed, why would this scenery bleed?

axiom
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 08:58:30 pm by axiom13 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2008, 10:07:19 pm »
If this is elevation related, how can that be adjusted.

As I've explained already, the scenery has an embedded FSX flatten inside the BGL and it should flatten any ground elevation, regardless which mesh is used underneath, in the airport area.

And how was this scenery made that the texture could bleed? Zurich doesn't bleed

Zurich has FS9 style ground. OHare is using FSX native terrain + a detail layer. That's the main difference in how the ground is made between the two.

Maybe this difference could trigger a different behavior, but that only happens under very specifics settings of *your* machines, that we haven't discovered yet.

axiom13

« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2008, 10:08:53 pm »
What do you need to know about my specs? I really want to resolve this problem.

axiom

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2008, 11:14:35 pm »
alright, so still there is now solution. this is now getting annoying that we keep providing information for u, but yet there is nothing that can be done about the problem. maybe just to do a current hot fix for the prob, do the terrarin the zurich way.