Author Topic: Double Gates and Bleeding Textures  (Read 63503 times)

axiom13

Re: Double Gates and Bleeding Textures
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2008, 06:18:22 pm »
May I please know which texture files are the apron, taxiways, etc (but not the markings)? Like I said before, X Graphics from HiFi somehow got rid of these files, so that the were no textures under the markings, just fsx ground. The tire markings were still there and the apron markings also, and nothing bled. When I realized that the apron textures were gone, I got rid of XGraphics, and reinstalled O'Hare. The apron textures were back, and so was the bleeding.

Lets have the other 3 people also remove those texture files to see if their bleeding stops, and thus we have the culprit.

Also, shadows bleed, Im really thinking that the apron textures are causing all the bleeding.

(And how can I access z-buffering?)

axiom

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2008, 06:40:27 pm »
Texture themselves can't cause any bleeding, it's the conflict between the altitude of ground *polygons* that use those textures that can create the problem. In FSX, removing a texture will make an object disappear so, one might have the wrong impression of having fixed the problem, but it lost the object as well.

An altitude conflict might be created by:

- Another afcad that is still active

- Another mesh that has been put on top of Ohare. The scenery has an embedded native FSX flatten to prevent this so, if it stays on top, it will be able to flatten all terrain elevation underneath, without any need to provide a custom mesh.

- Another scenery with ground polygons. If a scenery range was badly programmed, even a scenery on the other side of the world might create issues at KORD.

- Video card with not enough z-buffer precision. z-buffer settings usually can only tweaked using tweakers.

I would like to point out that I'm still unable to reproduce this problem, even by playing with FSX settings, there's absolutely no bleeding or visible flickering.

The issue that might happen with XGraphics might be a different one, but it's not really a bleeding, it's more like a see-through. Since they replace default runways textures with their version that, for runways, includes details like tire markings, since we *also* have tire markings, but on a different layer and in much higher resolution, it's possible that you might see both, if KORD is used with XGraphics. But that wouldn't look like a bleeding. And, it should work the opposite as observed, meaning it should only appear with XGraphics enabled.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2008, 06:49:44 pm »
I do not have any addon meshes or anything, I did have a addon airport texture pack but I tool it out to see if it would effect the problem, but it did not. Ohare is at the top of my scenery library.

axiom13

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2008, 06:57:34 pm »
I got rid of Kord_apron.bgl, and most of the runway bleeding stopped, accept for at runway intersections when they overlap. Markings seem to bleed when the overlap each other also. Taxiway markings bleed when those little line things overlap the markings.

What tweaker would you reccoment so that I can adjust this z-buffering thing?

axiom

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 07:06:12 pm by axiom13 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2008, 07:49:20 pm »
What tweaker would you reccoment so that I can adjust this z-buffering thing?

You can try RivaTuner.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2008, 08:03:32 pm »
i have riva tuner. what setting would i have to change? also what is z buffer and what would it do to the scenery?

axiom13

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2008, 08:12:15 pm »
Where can I find the z-buffer settings?

axiom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2008, 08:38:51 pm »
DirectX settings->LMA

However, I already tried it on my system (nvidia 169.25 drivers), I can't make the bleed to appear, with either setting.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2008, 08:41:53 pm »
i have the nvidia 169.75 drivers

axiom13

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2008, 08:47:24 pm »
is this it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2008, 09:05:26 pm »
Yes but I already tried it, make no difference: I can see no bleeding with any of the settings. Which drivers are you using ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2008, 11:06:46 pm »
so what do u think is gonna need to be changed in order for this to get fixed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2008, 11:11:05 pm »
As I've said, we still can't see it, regardless of the setting. I've already listed some things that *might* cause such problem but I'm going in the blind because nobody else except you 3 guys are reported it. Have you tried with other video drivers ? Have you tried resetting video drivers to default ?

Another thing that can be tried, is removing the FSX.CFG from the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder, so FSX will recreate a new one with all default settings.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2008, 11:28:17 pm »
idk dude, i just completly reinstalled fsx, fresh cfg etc and its still there. I have no other traces of an O hare scenery. I use UTX and their landclass, and have a few other tweaks. I perosnally dont think the issue is driver related. i have done everything that i have been suggested to do and the prob is still there.

The support that has been provided is great!!! thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2008, 11:43:05 pm »
and have a few other tweaks

which ones, exactly ?

I perosnally dont think the issue is driver related.

But have you tried another driver ? That's far easier than reinstalling FSX from scratch.