Author Topic: Double Gates and Bleeding Textures  (Read 63491 times)

axiom13

Double Gates and Bleeding Textures
« on: March 15, 2008, 05:21:59 am »
Im a Chicagoan and really want to purchase this product. I noticed that the taxi and runway textures bleed, and there are double gates at all the parking positions, one moves into postion and a copy stays in the same place. Is this just a fault with the demo, or the whole product?

axiom

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: Double Gates and Bleeding Textures
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 07:37:26 am »
I can not reproduce the problem of jetway doubles, try to restart windows it seems a FSX problem on charge of scenery, for texture, the terrain on kord has a resolution up of 30 cm pixel, but to view this on full glory, you must set the slider on fsx relative at the terrain resolution.

regards.

axiom13

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 06:40:46 pm »
I tried reinstalling, downloading the installer again, but nothing works, and I also changed the resolution setting but the runway, taxi, and apron textures still bleed.
And another funny thing happens, and I think the installer should be checked or removed because when the trial version ends for me nothing disapears...

Im thinking that the problems might go away when I buy the product?

axiom

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:42:56 pm by axiom13 »

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 08:13:31 pm »
You have another scenery or double entry for same area, please verify your scenery library.

Regards.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 09:43:26 pm »
I still have the runway texture bleed though prob. i have no duplicate ORD installed, and also set the texture to 30cm and the prob is still there

axiom13

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 10:08:05 pm »
No double scenery
axiom

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 10:16:41 pm »
No double scenery
axiom

Please try to find another afcad files active for Kord on your FSX

axiom13

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 11:06:41 pm »
I did have one, and i got rid of it, but this did not get rid of the problem. I also tried reinstalling, but nothing.

axiom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 02:01:26 am »
Let's not confuse the two issues:

- Runway/textures bleeding, it really looks like a double scenery. Maybe it's just the default popping out for some reason ? That might explain why you had the impression the Trial didn't really "end", perhaps you were seeing the default scenery ? I just checked soon after you posted that message, I assure you that the Trial works: after 5 minutes you should only see the ground and jetways, but no buildings, except from some in the peripheral areas.

- Jetways that doubles when you activate them. This is not caused by another scenery, and I can see this as well. We are investigating, it looks like either we found an FSX bug or undocumented behavior, and it looks like it *might* be related to the complexity of the AFCAD file. We are looking into it.

axiom13

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 02:34:22 am »
I completely reinstalled FSX clean (nobody likes doing that  ;)) happy to hear that im not the only one with the jetway problem, hope you guys will be able to fix it soon because im getting my credit card ready  ;D

That might explain why you had the impression the Trial didn't really "end", perhaps you were seeing the default scenery ? I just checked soon after you posted that message, I assure you that the Trial works: after 5 minutes you should only see the ground and jetways, but no buildings, except from some in the peripheral areas.

Im serious, the message which states that the trial ended would show but the scenery wouldn't change. Now since I reinstalled FSX the trial version is working, the scenery disapears. Just thought you guys should know...

axiom
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 08:49:47 pm by axiom13 »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 06:13:30 am »
I have the full version bought and i have the bleed through problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 01:21:36 pm »
I have the full version bought and i have the bleed through problem.

As axiom13 can confirm, the bleed through it's nothing related to OHare, it must be some other scenery in conflict or a leftover from another scenery that wasn't properly uninstalled, that's why the issue was solved for him by reinstalling FSX.

Also, there are no differences whatsoever between OHare Trial and full, other than the limited time. But of course, one can't expect our installer would scourge the whole PC for installed sceneries that *might* conflict with it and delete them.

pmpilot

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 02:42:42 pm »
Hi All  ;)

Have DL the new AFCAD file for FSX
and still have the problems with the double Gates on the 777er gates ( there i can see this Issue )

Another thing :
For proper docking the gates at the AC i have to edit all my entry edits to other points
because they not fitting your setup from the gates
So allways i go for a "FSX Airport" i have to open the aircraft .cfg and set the orginal settings back
and the other way i fly to KORD i have to set the spezial entry i made for KORD !! ( and there realy a lot off different planes to do ) ???

Can this be done better ?? You have to think allways where you fly and have to set the right exit entry in the aircraft .cfg .
Quite circumstantially isn`t it !?

And another:

Can you do some ( from all off them ) Parking Ports with the FSX Pushback and Bagage Vehikle so you have a use off them too ??
That would be great  :-*

regards
Mario Görs  :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 02:51:40 pm by pmpilot »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 02:51:01 pm »
Have DL the new AFCAD file for FSX and still have the problems with the double Gates on the 777er gates ( there i can see this Issue )

We said it probably depends on the AFCAD file, and we are working on it, never said that the latest AFCAD already fix it. When and if we find a way to fix it, be sure it will announced.

For proper docking the gates at the AC i have to edit all my entry edits to other points
because they not fitting your setup from the gates

Are you referring to the default A/C or a specific 3rd party one ? The gates (other than the doubled jetway issue) seems to work fine on default A/C.

pmpilot

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 02:58:46 pm »
Hi  :)

> Are you referring to the default A/C or a specific 3rd party one ?

tried it with the FSX A321 and IMO it wasen`t at the right Place
And sorry what means 3rd party one ?

If i set my normal FSX gates for the 3rd party one the gates are docking perfect.
So if you use the same setup as the FSX Engine there should be no difference there.......................... :-\

or.........

regards
Mario  ;)