Author Topic: Fresh install. Afcad issue.  (Read 8381 times)

newmanix

• Beta tester
Fresh install. Afcad issue.
« on: September 02, 2011, 12:07:10 am »
The planes are off the center lines and not parked at gates. Any ideas?

Sorry it's big. You need to scroll to the left to see the planes in the grass etc.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:10:37 am by newmanix »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fresh install. Afcad issue.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 09:28:31 am »
I'm sorry, but that can only be caused by another AFCAD in conflict, or PHNL moved from the top layer on the Scenery Library (which is where the installer puts it by default).

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 05:44:44 am »
I'm sorry, but that can only be caused by another AFCAD in conflict, or PHNL moved from the top layer on the Scenery Library (which is where the installer puts it by default).

I used the ScanAFD. Only one AFCAD was found. Also, Hawaii is at the very top of the scenery library. May you please attach an afcad for me? :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 05:59:41 am by newmanix »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 08:45:46 am »
May you please attach an afcad for me? :)

The one that comes with the scenery it's just fine. Have you tried to modifying it ?

That would be the only possible explanation of what you are seeing, because the default has kicked in, because you have lost the exclusion commands by saving it back, for some reason.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 03:36:01 pm »
May you please attach an afcad for me? :)

The one that comes with the scenery it's just fine. Have you tried to modifying it ?

That would be the only possible explanation of what you are seeing, because the default has kicked in, because you have lost the exclusion commands by saving it back, for some reason.

I never tampered with it Umberto. This is twice now. I reset my OS back in Feb of this year and choose not to reinstall my Hawaii airports untill Vol2 was released. I am now ready to island hop so this is a fresh download install. You want my afcad or what??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 08:03:33 pm »
You want my afcad or what??

I don't see how that could help, if you haven't modified it, it's the same included in the installer, if it was corrupted on your disk, it won't load at all, but that would be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the scenery, and I assume you already tried that...

I'm sorry, but I can't see any other explanation, other there's another scenery in conflict OR our AFCAD has been modified/corrupted, so it's not loading, and the default one is coming in its place, which explains the misplaced taxiways and parkings.

Fact that nobody else reported this problem before, should tell something is not right on your system, if the problem was the AFCAD included in the installer, we would have had the forum flooded with similar reports by now, since PHNL is more than 1.5 years old.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 10:18:15 pm »
You want my afcad or what??

I don't see how that could help, if you haven't modified it, it's the same included in the installer, if it was corrupted on your disk, it won't load at all, but that would be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the scenery, and I assume you already tried that...

I'm sorry, but I can't see any other explanation, other there's another scenery in conflict OR our AFCAD has been modified/corrupted, so it's not loading, and the default one is coming in its place, which explains the misplaced taxiways and parkings.

Fact that nobody else reported this problem before, should tell something is not right on your system, if the problem was the AFCAD included in the installer, we would have had the forum flooded with similar reports by now, since PHNL is more than 1.5 years old.

Okay I fixed the issue but now...

data63

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 11:50:25 pm »
doesn't help with your "offline taxi" but.... do you have AES?, may be an unclean installation/deinstallation ?

try the "repair" feature of AES

Happy landings

Juergen