Author Topic: Work in Progress / 14  (Read 83457 times)

bradl

Re: Work in Progress / 14
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2011, 06:26:09 pm »

If this scenery can't be added to BAO Tower, I'm outta here.  ;D

BL.

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2011, 07:42:09 pm »
I am also a loyal customer and I would love to have this scenery for FS5.1. ;D
What!!!! The new KLAX will be for FSX and possibly FS9.....Besides its been along time since that version has been out and past.

Your sarcasm detector must be out of order.

It cracks me up about how mad people get when a scenery is not going to come out for their old FS.  LAX may be outdated for Cloud 9 but poor KSLC, CYVR , KBWI and so forth never to see a single payware company touch them, instead interest only in redoing outdated work.  I have FSX and FS9 on my rig probably never to be touched again but with $500. dollars probably invested.  Stop buying FS addons and save for a new rig! lets all move to fsx change is good and gets only better, imagine the day when flight comes out and FS9 will be gone just as fast as a default concorde!  ;)  You never got this mad when your cassette tapes or VHS collection moved to Discs did you?  ;D

member111222

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2011, 01:37:07 am »
Check this poll http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4851
FS9 is still alive and kicking.  :) There are lots of customer's left for fs9.
173 total votes. That's what I call a representative poll.

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2011, 02:27:47 am »
Check this poll http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4851
FS9 is still alive and kicking.  :) There are lots of customer's left for fs9.
173 total votes. That's what I call a representative poll.

Hurry FSDT cant you see we have nothing better to do than debate FSX Vs. FS9 LOL  ;)

StickMan

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2011, 05:08:40 am »
I am also a loyal customer and I would love to have this scenery for FS5.1. ;D
What!!!! The new KLAX will be for FSX and possibly FS9.....Besides its been along time since that version has been out and past.

Your sarcasm detector must be out of order.

It cracks me up about how mad people get when a scenery is not going to come out for their old FS.  LAX may be outdated for Cloud 9 but poor KSLC, CYVR , KBWI and so forth never to see a single payware company touch them, instead interest only in redoing outdated work.  I have FSX and FS9 on my rig probably never to be touched again but with $500. dollars probably invested.  Stop buying FS addons and save for a new rig! lets all move to fsx change is good and gets only better, imagine the day when flight comes out and FS9 will be gone just as fast as a default concorde!  ;)  You never got this mad when your cassette tapes or VHS collection moved to Discs did you?  ;D

I think speaking for Microsoft Flight is a bit too much as only some developers have been told/shown what's up with that and all are under NDA so lips are sealed. It's not even the same development team I understand. So other then a few videos and pictures it's hard to tell if third party developers will move in that direction or want too. For all we know it might be geared for a larger audience witch might hurt those who strive for realism as aviation realism is a small niche community. It's might even entail development techniques like tessellation, etc witch would be new to FS developers I would say. That might be going too far on my behalf but to say what devs can do or cannot do; but saying Flight will replace something when we don't even know what Flight is is going to replace is maybe going to far on your behalf. I'd LOL if we saw a need to play and have to have Windows Live as that has arcade written all over it. They even tried to make FSX a bit arcade elements adding "missions"! What fun and realistic those were, but from a marketing aspect it might get a non hardcore simmer or first timer to buy the game.

Heck, if I was Microsoft I'd me kinda mad my 50 to 80 dollar "game" (depending on how you use it) have a economy of it's own where one airport can cost as much as the original game all of witch I don't see a dime. 
Intel i7 980X @ 4.43GHz | ASUS Rampage III | Corsair 6GB DDR3 2000MHz | EVGA GTX280 | Corsair 1200 Watt | Intel 510 SSD (RAID 0)

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2011, 01:35:04 am »
Tell me, do you all refrain from making a "happy purchase" on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor?  Is it a day to take some time and reflect on what happened and those that died?  Absolutely!  Is it a day to not go about your business?  Absolutely not.  Clearly the government also agrees or this day would be a federal holiday.

I agree with that... BUT I don't feel it would be appropriate, to release a scenery BECAUSE it's 9/11 anniversary... There's no connection between a release of a scenery and 9/11! Therefore, I personally think, it would be inappropriate...

For once I have to agree with Sir Issac.  There is no reason NOT to release this scenery on 9/11. That had nothing to do with LA...at the least. We can morn. But that doesn't mean we cant buy.

The idea was originally brought up, as a suggestion to release the scenery BECAUSE of that day. And that idea, is just distasteful IMO...

To that, I agree.  There is no reason to pick 9/11 as a date for release; essentially, if it is ready before 9/11, don't hold off on release just for 9/11.  As you said, there is no relation between 9/11 and a KLAX scenery.  That said, if it is ready to be released right on 9/11, then there is no reason to hold off just because it is 9/11.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2011, 08:10:36 am »
I thought this was supposexd to be about KLAX!
Moe Works

Angelo

« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2011, 09:21:36 am »
I thought LAX was supposed to release in August? Can we expect a September release, how much further to go?

jackhendricks

« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2011, 03:49:28 pm »
I thought this was supposexd to be about KLAX!

+1

aircanadajet

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2011, 01:08:36 pm »
When can we see the work in progress 15? Maybe with some airplanes on the terminals. Thanks.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2011, 04:24:11 pm »
When can we see the work in progress 15? Maybe with some airplanes on the terminals. Thanks.
When they (FSDT) are ready to show something.... ::)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2011, 04:35:54 pm »
With 14 WIP threads, how much more can there be?  HNL only had 11 WIP threads, and Dallas had 8.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

DChockey08

« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2011, 05:35:18 pm »
With 14 WIP threads, how much more can there be?  HNL only had 11 WIP threads, and Dallas had 8.
Exactly. Have they not shown everything they need to show? (I was waiting forthe night lighting, but that was the last preview I was expecting.)

My guess is they are putting on the finishing touches right now and we should see it soon for FSX, then start hearing about the possibilities of a backport to FS9.

aircanadajet

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2011, 09:40:44 pm »
I've never been a part of such a snobby group of people in my life! It's like you have you only group of people and topics that like to talk about and when someone comes and says something different you become this arrogant snobby guys. And is not all but so very few...So for next time I will post my own topic.

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2011, 06:23:20 am »

Technically there's 13...  ;) :P
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"