Author Topic: KLAX AFCAD  (Read 21037 times)

Brian S

KLAX AFCAD
« on: August 31, 2011, 02:01:15 pm »
Since it appears you are getting closer to release of KLAX, I wanted to ask that whoever is doing your AFCAD, to please make it as realistic as possible to add to the immersion factor.

First of all, here is an obvious link for the correct terminals for the airlines  www.lawa.org/welcome_lax.aspx?...
Since FSX is hard coded differently than FS9 for parking radius, here is a link with the correct values for FSX parking  http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/FlightSim/FSXWingSpanValues.htm

KLAX is a major west coast cargo hub, a gateway from Asia.  Many Asian based airlines do not differentiate their ICAO code between their passenger and cargo flights.  To alleviate having having B744F cargo planes parking at the international terminal, the following are recommended codes for all regularly scheduled cargo traffic into LAX and the size of aircraft they fly into Los Angeles.

AARC    Asiana Cargo                 B744F
ABX      Airborne Express            B762F
AMF     Ameriflight                     B190
ATN     Air Transport Intl            DC87
CALC   China Airlines Cargo        B744F
CAO    Air China Cargo               B744F
CKK     China Cargo Airlines        B777F
CKS     Kalitta Air                       B742F
CLX     Cargolux                         B744F
CPAC   Cathay Pacific Cargo        B744F
CSNC   China Southern Cargo     B777F
EVAC   Eva Airways Cargo          MD11F
FDX     Fed Ex                           DC10  A306 MD11F
GTI     Atlas Air                         B742F B743F B744F
KALC   Korean Air Cargo            B744F
MAA    MASair                           B763F
NCA    Nippon Cargo Airlines      B744F
PAC    Polar Air Cargo                B744F
SOO   Southern Air Cargo          B742F
SQC   Singapore Airlines Cargo   B744F
TNO   Aerounion                        A300F
UPS    United Parcel Service       B763F
YZR    Yangtze River Express      B744F

Hope this helps.
Brian S.

NZEddy

Re: KLAX AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 04:30:41 am »
And use the RAMP type parking with name as GATE to get rid of the crappy default tow trucks, baggage handlers etc. :D You can do this with ADE 1.5

duckbilled

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 02:46:46 pm »
And use the RAMP type parking with name as GATE to get rid of the crappy default tow trucks, baggage handlers etc. :D You can do this with ADE 1.5

Cool.

All of the above +
please make sure all of the approaches are available through the default atc and gps.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 05:20:18 pm »
This isn't Burger King, and they aren't building whoppers.  Edit your own afcad after release.    ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

01pewterz28

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 06:16:28 pm »
This isn't Burger King, and they aren't building whoppers.  Edit your own afcad after release.    ;)

Geez I was getting Hungary I was going to order a #1 with  no onion  too  :D

data63

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 08:38:49 pm »
how about a "pre-release" - AFCAD-Tweakers could have a look and plan their changes (e.g. assigning Gates etc)

Happy Landings

Juergen

bradl

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 09:00:12 pm »
In addition, I kindly ask the team to create the AFCAD where aircraft depart towards the Pacific Ocean, from
runways 25R and 24L, and strictly land on runways 25L and 24R. FS Cloud9's version of KLAX had a very
messy AFCAD version, and it was very unrealistic.

This is something I would suggest they *NOT* do.

If you call the ATIS during the day at KLAX (310-646-2297, IIRC; check at Airnav), you will normally hear the following:

Simultaneous ILS approaches are in progress to runways 24R and 25L, or vector for visual approach will be provided; simultaneous visual approaches to all runways are in progress, and parallel localizer approaches are in progress between Los Angeles International Airport and Hawthorn Airport. Simultaneous instrument departures are in progress for runways 24 and 25.

Under normal ops, they land and depart all runways at KLAX; even when they flip the boat, they land and depart the 6s and 7s. The only time runways are closed are during suicide/noise abatement ops between Midnight local and 6:30am, when they will land 6R and depart 25R.

Too bad there isn't a way to make an AFCAD file take effect at a certain time.

BL.

data63

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 10:19:41 pm »
In addition, I kindly ask the team to create the AFCAD where aircraft depart towards the Pacific Ocean, from
runways 25R and 24L, and strictly land on runways 25L and 24R. FS Cloud9's version of KLAX had a very
messy AFCAD version, and it was very unrealistic.

This is something I would suggest they *NOT* do.

If you call the ATIS during the day at KLAX (310-646-2297, IIRC; check at Airnav), you will normally hear the following:

Simultaneous ILS approaches are in progress to runways 24R and 25L, or vector for visual approach will be provided; simultaneous visual approaches to all runways are in progress, and parallel localizer approaches are in progress between Los Angeles International Airport and Hawthorn Airport. Simultaneous instrument departures are in progress for runways 24 and 25.

Under normal ops, they land and depart all runways at KLAX; even when they flip the boat, they land and depart the 6s and 7s. The only time runways are closed are during suicide/noise abatement ops between Midnight local and 6:30am, when they will land 6R and depart 25R.

Too bad there isn't a way to make an AFCAD file take effect at a certain time.

BL.

that sure is right for the "real world operation" - but in FSX you'll have to take into consideration the shortcommings of the AI-engine.
On a traffic-loaded airport like LAX simultanous approaches on all runways will end up in a long queue of departing aircrafts never entering a runway always used for landings.
I normally use the "outer" runways for landing operations and the "inner" for departures unless the outer ones are considerably longer (e.g. SFO) - for me an acceptable balance between realism and AI-traffic flow.

Happy landings (and departures)

Juergen

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 01:55:06 pm »
..but in FSX you'll have to take into consideration the shortcommings of the AI-engine.

Which is why you want to use something like REX, that downloads real world weather.  If you only use default weather, you'll always get sent to the default runway.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

data63

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 04:31:45 pm »
..but in FSX you'll have to take into consideration the shortcommings of the AI-engine.

Which is why you want to use something like REX, that downloads real world weather.  If you only use default weather, you'll always get sent to the default runway.

I was more in the Way FSX handels Approaches, hold Shorts and "load balancing" (real weather is must ;-))

Happy landings

Juergen

Theaver

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 02:17:30 pm »
Can anyone please send me the default KLAX AFCAD file because of some aircrafts disappear for failture to exit the runway when able by LAX tower after I added more gates and modefied the taxiways and runways. I would like the default KLAX AFCAD. Send it to my E mail address at Newton145@aol.com

Thank you very much!