however, in FS9 all I get is the default scenery for both packages. I looked at the scenery database and these are not listed. I have other FSDT scenery which are listed from prior installations. Any help here would be appreciated.
It's not normal the sceneries wouldn't be automatically added to the Scenery Library also considering the installer it's the same of other FSDT sceneries.
This could be a problem in your scenery.cfg but, the installer should have notify you of this and aborted. Are you sure you haven't got any warning messages during the installation ?
My other problem is that Hawaii 2 (PHOG & PHKO) in FSX don't have any roofs on the scenery, and there are objects 100+ feet in the air. I have attached 4 images showing this. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menus under the "Addons" menu bar ? If no, then it's the usual problem caused by antivirus, which is always fixed by following this procedure to the letter:
- Uninstall the sceneries. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.
- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.
- Reinstall the sceneries with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.
- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:
YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.
- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.
- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.