Author Topic: Flickering Trees @ JFK  (Read 5630 times)

Aerodynamic

Flickering Trees @ JFK
« on: August 31, 2011, 03:42:32 am »
I saw there are a few older posts here about this and was wondering if anyone ever got this figured out. The trees near 31R and also across the runway from the jetBlue terminal flicker. I tried the tree texture replacement that was posted in another thread, but it still did not cure it for me. I've also adjusted various AA and filtering settings without any luck. There are no other issues I have with this scenery whatsoever. It's only these particular areas of trees. Is there a way to just eliminate those particular trees from the scenery? Thanks for any info!

Scott

Aerodynamic

Re: Flickering Trees @ JFK
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 04:02:38 am »
Just found that with a default aircraft, the trees appear just fine. The problem is only when I use the PMDG NGX. So I'm not sure if this is fixable or not. Maybe some other folks could test this out and see if they have the issue. I guess if the trees are able to be removed by deleting a specific file or two, that would be the best thing for my situation. Any info/help is appreciated!  :)

Scott

theshack440

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 08:09:15 pm »
Scott,

I believe a few months ago, FSDT released a patch for that. I would search the JFK FSX subforum (IIRC)

Hope that helps. My trees seem fine though.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Aerodynamic

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 10:49:40 pm »
Thanks, Wallace. I'm using the latest installer, so I'm assuming that it would include all the patches already. I am at a loss why the NGX causes the problem with this scenery for me. Maybe the NYC area combined with the most complex aircraft addon for FSX causes a texture issue for me in that area. In case anyone is curious, I'm running a somewhat dated machine: Q9550 @ 3.4, 4GBRAM, GTX460 Superclocked Edition. Perhaps I just don't have enough juice?

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 11:09:56 pm »
There was a fix here, which might not be included in the current installer, but I'm not sure it's related to your problem, because it should appear with any airplane, not just pmdg

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4114.0

Aerodynamic

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 11:38:22 pm »
Thank you for the response, Umberto! Yes, I did try that and it unfortunately did not cure it for me. I certainly don't expect anything more, I merely posted to report and inquire. The effect is a little distracting, but it is not the end of the world. It's obviously NOT a problem with the scenery itself. Thanks again.

Scott

Aerodynamic

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 09:53:08 pm »
I received a tip in another forum to just remove the tree texture file from the JFK texture path. This actually removes the trees completely, which is exactly what I was hoping for. No more dancing trees! I'll try the same thing for the ORD scenery, which has the same tree issue with the NGX.

To be clear, this does NOT seem to be an issue related to the FSDT scenery. It's something with the NGX and perhaps an upcoming service pack from PMDG may help. Until then, this will work for me!

Scott