Author Topic: vLSO Alpha Release  (Read 54925 times)

micro

Re: vLSO Alpha Release
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 08:02:46 am »
Serge, Sludge just explained to me what your getting at. Disregard my posts. Sorry bud.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 08:21:09 am »
Micro,
no problem!  :)

Ok, here's another picture showing my current ranges layout.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 08:33:53 am »
Serge...

OK, that makes complete sense. Just wanted find out what you were thinking.

And now I'm looking forward to what Javier says, as to why (his) carrier is different from the Accel carrier.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:37:27 am by Sludge »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 11:38:07 am »
Guys,
I've hastened to declare the Acceleration carrier free of ILS/FLOLS inconsistencies. When making comparisons I left NAV1 radio tuned to 112.0 (Javier's ILS) instead of tuning it to 111.0 (the Acceleration's ILS). As I said it before, the IFLOLS xml gauge uses ILS data, otherwise it shows rock steady ball. My apologies...

Here's another comparison picture so you can see that both carriers have almost the same ILS positions. Maybe this is the case in real life, I don't know...
Anyway, I still would like to know the exact position of the FLOLS focus. Until that I'll keep using trial-and-error method  ;)

GOONIE

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 05:16:27 pm »
Thanks Serge. I really like the profile shots of the carrier in your post from Heffley's doc (side and top views), could be nice additions to the vLSO debrief window.  ;)

Also in your FSX pictures of Javier's carrier, it looks like there is only two wires across the deck (also thicker). Is this an artifact of taken the picture in OPT? Or do you have a Top Secret version of Javier's carrier with working arrestment wires?  :o

-Capt
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Orion

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 05:32:57 pm »
Also in your FSX pictures of Javier's carrier, it looks like there is only two wires across the deck (also thicker). Is this an artifact of taken the picture in OPT? Or do you have a Top Secret version of Javier's carrier with working arrestment wires?
I'm quite sure that it's just an irrelevant artifact, caused by a Z-fighting issue when rendering on Serge's computer.

GOONIE

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 09:29:01 pm »
I'm quite sure that it's just an irrelevant artifact, caused by a Z-fighting issue when rendering on Serge's computer.

Dang Z-Fighting!  >:(

MikeB54

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 02:00:08 am »
Which glideslope is the approach graded on, ILS or IFLOLS?

Mike

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 04:09:11 am »
The vLSO grades the approach on FLOLS indeed.

MikeB54

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 04:24:30 am »
Well, that explains why my approaches were better when I turned off the ILS.  LOL

Mike

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 07:15:56 am »
Mike,
That's right. To prove that I'll post another series of screengrabs. So far this is my best attempt of making FLOLS and vLSO coaxial... As you can see, they match pretty well - glideslope errors are within 0.3 degree margin, which is Ok. At the start the error was just +0.08 which could be explained by my eyes (in)accuracy, and over the ramp it was still under 0.3... I think such an approach could be graded as an OK pass, eh?.. 8)

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 10:39:57 am »
Serge,

Looks like you have fixed time in groove? Also noticed your Glideslope is red all the way down which means you were a little fast all the way down, correct? Was this the only way to get such a consistent glideslope or am I reading this wrong?
Thanks for this amazing add on ,it has given new life to carrier ops....really miss the sessions with Sludge, Paco, Orion,  Ben,Neutrino, Don and the rest of the SF multiplayer sessions crew.

Sonofabeech   
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

GOONIE

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 06:35:26 pm »
....really miss the sessions with Sludge, Paco, Orion,  Ben,Neutrino, Don and the rest of the SF multiplayer sessions crew.

Totally agree Sonofabeech. Maybe with fall and winter coming we can start the MP session again. Also the vLSO is planned to have an export feature for a virtual Greenie Board, which will be nice competition among the virtual flyers  ;)

-Capt

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 08:32:54 pm »
Sonofa...

really miss the sessions with Sludge, Paco, Orion,  Ben,Neutrino, Don and the rest of the SF multiplayer sessions crew.

Times TWO buddy!! Hopefully we can make those happen again after the year hiatus.

CAPT...

Also the vLSO is planned to have an export feature for a virtual Greenie Board, which will be nice competition among the virtual flyers

Right on. Get some good landing competition going, then see who can bring their vLSO grades to the HARDKNOCKS world of multiplayer grading. Cant wait to get some sessions up and running with the old crew, just like Simon was talking about...

Serge...

Looks like you have fixed time in groove?

Music to my ears. Cant wait to mess around with the newest version. Also, are you gonna have "launch/activations zones" for the other cats as well? So we can do launches from CATS 1/2 while doing sustained carrier patterns. Its my opinion that the boat was "stopping" cause the Hornets werent starting and using CAT 4. Hopefully, we can get this fixed, so we can CAT anywhere and the boat will keep going...

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011, 08:44:53 pm »
Mike...

Well, that explains why my approaches were better when I turned off the ILS.

You should NEVER fly a pass using ICLS unless Case III (night, bad weather) and thats still getting you to the ball... otherwise you'll just be chasing the needle all the way down. In FSX, since we control the environment and are using a Case I (day, VFR, full pattern landings) for the vLSO, I would say ONLY use the ICLS glideslope needle to judge your 90 position and 45 position doing the pattern, looking for g/s needle on-glide make adjustments to get on-glide at both. Then, past the 45 (crossing the wake) and continuing left turn to final bearing, transition to using the FLOLS as soon as possible, even before the Ball Call.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:50:05 pm by Sludge »