Author Topic: Spending More Time On Ground Than Flying  (Read 11335 times)

wb2002

Spending More Time On Ground Than Flying
« on: September 02, 2011, 03:59:55 am »
Do you guys realize what is happening? Once I was somewhat satisfied with lining up with runway, taking off, looking at scenery, landing and finally taxing to gate. With sceneries as detailed as this, all of that is going to change. It makes no sense to just taxi to takeoff runway and fly to another airport, land and taxi to gate - ONLY. I have in my FSX, several autos, trucks, vans and other vehicles that I use to ride around airports. There are now so many other things to look at - hangers with opening doors, mechanic shops, freight activity and etc. With the upcoming GSX, there will be a whole new world of activities to observe and participate. Preperation for flying and debriefings will become major events in the FSX experience.

It wont be long before we will be cutting grass/snow blowing in and around airports.

Enjoy . . . . . . .

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 04:05:12 am by wb2002 »
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Spending More Time On Ground Than Flying
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 04:30:25 am »
Do you guys realize what is happening? Once I was somewhat satisfied with lining up with runway, taking off, looking at scenery, landing and finally taxing to gate. With sceneries as detailed as this, all of that is going to change. It makes no sense to just taxi to takeoff runway and fly to another airport, land and taxi to gate - ONLY. I have in my FSX, several autos, trucks, vans and other vehicles that I use to ride around airports. There are now so many other things to look at - hangers with opening doors, mechanic shops, freight activity and etc. With the upcoming GSX, there will be a whole new world of activities to observe and participate. Preperation for flying and debriefings will become major events in the FSX experience.

I was the same way when KDFW and KFLL came out since they are two of my favorites airports in both real life and in the sim. However, for me once I spend a few days looking around, tweaking the parking assignements and AI, then it's back too business as usual for me.

It wont be long before we will be cutting grass/snow blowing in and around airports.

I wouldn't be surprised if ORBX will offer that at some point. In fact, I bet you love ORBX with the log cabins, falling leaves and barking dos, lol.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 02:10:36 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if ORBX will offer that at some point.

ORBX is almost to that point now.  I know you probably don't have Fall City, but the trees and grass around the runway actually sway back and forth in the breeze, with almost no performance hit whatever.  Just a matter of time before we can watch it grow.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Thralni

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 04:45:25 pm »
Hm. Perhaps I should reinstall PNW and buy Fall City (It is in the PNW region, right?). then load up the BN2 Islander or Carenado Seneca and do some flying.

masondom

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 06:22:16 pm »
 ;D Yes Bruce, but somehow, Bob is not enough anymore, i need a bike to trek around !

Is there a bike for FSX ?
Dom

DJJose

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 08:01:04 pm »
ORBX Fall City is one hell of an airport. This one is as good as it gets. I have almost every payware airport and each one is "special."

FSDT airports are also in a class of their own. I'm having a great time just exploring the airports. Flying is fun, but the detail takes the fun to another level. Keep them coming and I'll keep on buying!

theshack440

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 01:01:50 am »
I would have bought PNW and definitely downloaded somee freeware by ORBX but their installer just doesn't work on my computer. I've gone on the forums but after a couple attempts, they kind of gave up and so did I... Anyway, I completely agree about really great addon airports, it's like why should I fly somewhere where this beautiful piece of scenery isn't? Eventually I get over it but at JFK, my favorite airport, and every so often at the others, I simply kick back and plane spot (virtually of course).

There's just so much life to great sceneries!
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 10:02:16 am »
ORBX is almost to that point now.  I know you probably don't have Fall City, but the trees and grass around the runway actually sway back and forth in the breeze, with almost no performance hit whatever.  Just a matter of time before we can watch it grow.

LOL, you guessed right, I don't have it. I've wasted so much money on ORBX products that going forward I won't buy any of it until they have their 1/2 off sale, and even then I really need to take a step back and consider if I should even sink anymore money into my collection of ORBX airports and regions.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 03:30:58 pm »
I've always considered ORBX sceneries to be money well spent, as opposed to money wasted.  If you need to step back and think about it, then you obviously shouldn't buy more of it.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock