Author Topic: Disappearing buildings after 5 min  (Read 9160 times)

fsxpax

Disappearing buildings after 5 min
« on: August 31, 2011, 12:14:40 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I´m having following problem:
The last few days, I´ve setup my whole system for a fresh FSX installation (new Win7 64bit and FSX SP2).
Additional to my earlier purchased KLAS, KFLL, KJFK, KORD and LSZH, I thought I indulge me LSGG and KDFW.
Have purchased LSGG and KFDW yesterday and downloaded the, I think so, newest installer from your page (incl. the newest installers for the rest of my owned sceneries).

After that, I installed all the stuff (with deinstalled Antivirus AVG) and start the FSX.
The 2 thrust messages appear and I confirmed it with "YES". No Problems, FSX starts normal and I loaded KFDW.
The two entries, Addon Manager and Couatl powered products, appear in the menu tab.

If I´m in, I got the demo message and start the Addon Manager to enter my serials for all products.
The "Product is installed and activated".

But after 5 minutes the buildings disappeard. Seems, that my installed sceneries are in demo mode.
This happens with all installed sceneries.

What I´ve done until now to fix this problem: (remember, no Antivirus is installed)
- Uninstall everything and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and
  "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine ? "
- Windows rebooted
- Reinstalled all sceneries
- Checked, if the are the right entries in the dll.xml and the exe.xml
- Started FSX confirmed the trust messages, loaded the sceneries, entered serials - after 5 minutes, textures disappeared

Have done this steps 4 times. But no be able to fix this "demo problem"

Additional note:
I´ve read all the posts about disapperaing buildings, tried everything that you have stated to other users.
Fsx is installed on drive D:\, FSGlobal2010, a few Aerosoft Sceneries, AES, PMDG AC´s, and ASE are installed.
But no Traffic Addons or Ground Texture Tools.
No FSX.cfg tweaks (except the HIGHMEMFIX=1).

Have attached a screenshot of my FSX settings, the couatl log file and a pic of disappeard textures in KORD.

If you need additional informations of my system, specs or purchase let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards

PS: Sorry for my bad english

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 01:10:50 pm by fsxpax »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disappearing buildings after 5 min
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:47:53 pm »
If there's a problem with antivirus or wrong installation or wrong files, buildings should simply not display at all, right at start, not after 5 minutes.

So, you can discount any problem with antivirus, addon manager or couatl not runnnig because, in this case, you wouldn't see any building, and you wouldn't see any of their menus on screen.

If they disappear after 5 minutes, it means the scenery is not active but, if it's not active, you should see it clearly indicated by the green/white sign stating "Trial period for xxxx has started" appearing when you go to that airport, and the red/green sign "Trial period for xxxx has ended" which will appear after 5 minutes. And of course, the Addon Manager will report that scenery being in trial.

If the Addon Manager says the scenery is active, then it's active, no question about it. And it also means the Addon Manager is *running* so, if the antivirus was a problem, there would be no Addon Manager menu to begin with.

This means, what you are seeing shouldn't simply happen, if the scenery is reported as active.

This only leaves with the chance the Addon Manager or Couatl program crashed for some reasons after 5 minutes.

To verify this, check the following folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

and see if you have a couatl.err file and, if you have it, post its content.

fsxpax

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 02:12:47 pm »
Hi!

Looked into the AppData\Virtuali file and there is only KeyMapping.cfg. No couatl.err file.  ???

Any further idea?

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 02:17:49 pm »
Looked into the AppData\Virtuali file and there is only KeyMapping.cfg. No couatl.err file.  ???

Try this:

Open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe

Run FSX, go to any FSDT airport, and then run until the buildings disappear, then quit FSX.

Check if you have a couatl.log file in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder and post its content here.

fsxpax

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 03:31:09 pm »
Ok, really strange things happened.

What i´ve done:

After your last post, I started FSX and loaded FlyTampa LOWW. From there i loaded KORD and stand on the apron.
After ten minutes the builings didn´t disappear. I´m really wondered.
Closed FS, start again and load directly KORD.
Same again, buildings didn´t disappear. Curios.  ???
Nothing changed on my settings or installtion.

I thought, yeah the problem is gone.
Installed all other sceneries, entered serials, load KDFW stand 5 mins on the apron and buildings disappeard again.

BTW: After entering serials, some airports (like KJFK or KDFW) the registering process switched immediately back to FSX witout asking "Activate this scenery on this PC?" other sceneries ask for permission to activate (like LSGG or KFLL)
I have from previous installation process yesterday,  all regfiles for the sceneries in my home file.

I have saved 3 different couatl log files:

#1 - Loaded from LOWW to KORD (buildings didn´t disappear)
#2 - Directly loaded KORD (buildings didn´t disappear)
#3 - After installing all other sceneries (buildings disappear)

How can this happen? Is it possible that installing all other sceneries in sequence without starting FSX after each one?

Regards
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:32:41 pm by fsxpax »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 03:58:13 pm »
BTW: After entering serials, some airports (like KJFK or KDFW) the registering process switched immediately back to FSX witout asking "Activate this scenery on this PC?" other sceneries ask for permission to activate (like LSGG or KFLL)

That's probably the issue.

If FSX goes back to flight after you enter the serial, the scenery is NOT activated! It simply means you either typed the serial wrong or, you typed the correct serial, but starting the wrong product, for example having Zurich selected, pressing the "Register Serial" button and type a serial for KDFW.

You should really get the question "Do you want to activate the xxx scenery on this PC ?", reply YES and let it activate, otherwise you are not activating anything.

fsxpax

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 05:39:28 pm »
Back again.

I think I´ve sorted out the problem.
I deinstalled first all sceneries, reboot windows and installed every airport seperate.
Except LSZH.
After each installation I started FSX and stand on the apron longer then 10 minutes.
No more disapperaing buildings.
If I installed the airports, no more asking for registering and I checked the AddonManager and the airports are "installed and activated".
For now i haven´t installed LSZH.
I think that evenutally my LSZH serial is corrupted by doing false copy and paste?
Note: LSZH was the airport that a friend of mine and me purchased as a volume discount license (10 pieces).
My friends and me have excact the same serial.

Can you do me a favour and check my LSZH serial?
I will send you the license with the complete purchase informations via PM.
Is this ok, or should i contact the support?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:47:35 pm by fsxpax »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 05:57:42 pm »
Note: LSZH was the airport that a friend of mine and me purchased as a volume discount license (10 pieces).My friends and me have excact the same serial.

Sorry, but that won't work, the Volume license is only for cockpit builders that need to run multiple system on the same network, it's not meant to be shared by different people, because the Serial it's the same.

Each one of you will have to buy a separate copy of Zurich which, as the today's price, I'd say it's very affordable, considering it will also get you a 10$ discount Coupon towards any one FSDT product until the end of the year.

fsxpax

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 06:05:13 pm »
Ok, I don´t know that this offer of volume licenses is only for cockpit builders.
I read over that essential information. Never want to impinge against your policy.
Mea culpa.

Then for sure, I will purchase right now LSZH on my own.
Thats not the problem.

Thanks for your time and your help.
I think you can close or mark the thread as *Solved*

Kind regards.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:18:31 pm by fsxpax »