Author Topic: Emergency vehicles  (Read 16159 times)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Emergency vehicles
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 01:45:45 pm »
That isn't a welcome, it's a hint... they don't want your filthy airplane at their airport.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Delta787

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 08:44:16 pm »
I worked at KATL for more than five years before moving on and the only time you saw a water arch being done was for:

1)A pilot is retiring from the airline after many years of service
2)They are retiring the aircraft, i.e. when Delta retired their L1011s and MD-11s.
3)The reception of a brand new aircraft, i.e. the first Boeing 787-8 to ANA in Japan.

Those are the only three reasons I can think of for a water arch or water cannon salute as they call it. But it would be cool to have in FSX. ;D

eastern

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 04:04:43 am »
You should have been in IAD when the fire truck forgot to dump the fire retardant foam and replace it with water. Let’s say that poor A-320 had to have an engine replacement.  >:(

XCLTM3

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 04:46:02 am »
We can't add entirely new features now, otherwise the product will never be released in time, but we would like to keep something for expansion packs and/or upgrades, and emergency vehicles were one of the first thing we thought, a couple of years ago when the project started.

You got it Umberto........these things can be added at a later time.....for now let's get GSX as is.....I'm waiting on!!!!!!!!!!!

Rgds,
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

blk137

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 11:15:07 pm »
brilliant feature to do in an expansion pack :)

Blake

ottoramsaig

• Never Forgotten
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 10:10:39 pm »
Ya, I thought it was a good idea but I guess fires arent put out at the gate. I did see an ambulance at the rear of an aircraft the other week at KMSP which gave me the idea. The thought of having an emergency vehicle with flashing lights just seemed fun thats all. So thanks to those of you who liked the idea.

I believe that a flight planned from KORD to KJFK at one of the ramps gave me 2 ambulances or something. Bottom line is: 2 Ford vans with red lights were parked close to the nose of my B 727. I saved it as a Sherriff’s flight to NY.  The only problem is the vans have now disappeared. I think it may have been FSdreamTeam scenry contributing to it.............