Author Topic: Emergency vehicles  (Read 16155 times)

skimmer

Emergency vehicles
« on: August 29, 2011, 12:28:25 am »
Will we be able to call a firetruck ,ambulence , or security vehicle to gate? If so, since we can get spray from deice truck can we get it from firetruck? :)

sjt375

• Flight Director
Re: Emergency vehicles
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 01:24:59 am »
woah, that's actually a genius idea. That'd be great especially if we could call them on the runway or something after an emergency landing. I don't know how well that would work though because that might require a ton more afcad work then already done to route vehicles...

Still great idea Skimmer

+1

theshack440

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 06:03:57 am »
Aha nice idea. What about a water arch?  ;D
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:53:22 am »
Aha nice idea. What about a water arch?  ;D

you mean for first flight arrivals?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 02:22:41 pm »
FSX doesn't simulate those types of emergencies, be no reason to call a fire truck or ambulance.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

theshack440

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 03:39:19 pm »
you mean for first flight arrivals?
Yeah. I don't know if that's possible in FSX but would be a fun touch if the fsdt guys have some extra time to throw it in.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

skimmer

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 09:10:19 am »
Ya, I thought it was a good idea but I guess fires arent put out at the gate. I did see an ambulance at the rear of an aircraft the other week at KMSP which gave me the idea. The thought of having an emergency vehicle with flashing lights just seemed fun thats all. So thanks to those of you who liked the idea.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 06:36:46 pm »
Ya, I thought it was a good idea but I guess fires arent put out at the gate. I did see an ambulance at the rear of an aircraft the other week at KMSP which gave me the idea. The thought of having an emergency vehicle with flashing lights just seemed fun thats all. So thanks to those of you who liked the idea.
That's actually a common occurrence.  You'd be surprised how many medical emergencies there are at the airport and on arriving and departing aircraft.  While waiting for a flight at ORD once, in the span of about 1.5 hours, I probably saw the EMS respond four or five times (always an engine and one ambulance).

member111222

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 10:54:44 pm »
FSX doesn't simulate those types of emergencies, be no reason to call a fire truck or ambulance.

I think it could be done in the way AES does it. You come to a stop on the runway, then open the menu and chose perhaps a fire truck and some emergency vehicles.

skimmer

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 03:47:24 am »
Great idea 111222. Maybe Virtuali will have some feed back on this. Our idea is late in the process and as we all know GSX has got to be a BIG project already. :) :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 08:48:58 am »
We can't add entirely new features now, otherwise the product will never be released in time, but we would like to keep something for expansion packs and/or upgrades, and emergency vehicles were one of the first thing we thought, a couple of years ago when the project started.

skimmer

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 10:41:20 am »
Ohhh. Thanks . I look forward to it. :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:42:58 am by skimmer »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 01:39:33 pm »
I think it could be done in the way AES does it. You come to a stop on the runway, then open the menu and chose perhaps a fire truck and some emergency vehicles.

I wasn't aware that AES allowed you to call service vehicles once you were away from the gate, other than the follow me vehicle after landing.  Have I missed something all these years?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

member111222

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 04:48:41 pm »

I wasn't aware that AES allowed you to call service vehicles once you were away from the gate, other than the follow me vehicle after landing.  Have I missed something all these years?

Well, I just thought if you can make a follow me vehicle appear away from the gate why should it be not possible to make other types of vehicles appear, too?

StickMan

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 03:40:16 am »
I'd love to get this welcome in FSX

;D
Intel i7 980X @ 4.43GHz | ASUS Rampage III | Corsair 6GB DDR3 2000MHz | EVGA GTX280 | Corsair 1200 Watt | Intel 510 SSD (RAID 0)