Author Topic: FSX keeps crashing bglmanx.dll  (Read 5101 times)

timmo73

FSX keeps crashing bglmanx.dll
« on: August 27, 2011, 02:58:00 am »
I downloaded the add on manager from the website and now FSX won't even start.  I have windows 7 64 bit.  I keep getting a message that it won't work with bglmanx.dll.  There's been changes to windows 7 so anything that's is .dll even fsuipc has been a problem. 

timmo73

Re: FSX keeps crashing bglmanx.dll
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 03:41:04 am »
I've narrow it down to bglmanx.dll.  It keeps freezing FSX.  What can I do?  Once I take it out it works fine.  They did an update to windows 7 64 bit and it makes .dll files to work crazy.  WIll there be a fix for this?  I had the same problem with fsuipc.dll but there is a fix for it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:01:27 am »
The bglmanx.dll is fine, works with Windows 7 64 bit (this is what we all use to test at FSDT) and doesn't require any fixes.

But, be sure your antivirus instead is not interfering, there are some that blocks files without any warnings and, if they try to "heal" that file because they mistakenly assume it's a thread, it won't work anymore.

- If you installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, Uninstall it.

- Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check FSX starts correctly, and you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

timmo73

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 01:56:33 pm »
How do I turn the anti-virus off in windows 7 64 bit? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 10:41:42 am »
How do I turn the anti-virus off in windows 7 64 bit? 

You should read the documentation that comes with the antivirus you installed.