Author Topic: A 380 gate at JFK  (Read 6150 times)

eskil

A 380 gate at JFK
« on: August 24, 2011, 08:25:47 am »
Can someone explain how the two custom jetways at gate A6 (FSX D6) are controlled? While the default jetway (extended with CTRL+J) can be correctly placed at my A380 by twiddling the numbers for Exit.0 under [Exits] in Aircraft.cfg, the jetways provided by FSDT do not seem to be controlled by the [Exits] section at all. As it is, the jetway that attaches to the upper level exit (U1L in Airbus-speak) does not end up in the correct place, but too far to the front and a bit out from the fuselage. The other one stops in the right spot, or almost so. How can I correct this?

Regards,

eskil dalenius

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A 380 gate at JFK
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:19:28 am »
In order for the custom jetways to work, you need to park the A380 in the correct place, according to the visual docking system distance readout.

eskil

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 10:48:06 am »
I think that I have managed to park correctly, stopping exactly as the "STOP" message comes up. And since the other (M2L door) jetway lines up correctly both longitudinally, vertically and laterally, that seems to prove it. Would this mean that different A380 models aren't exactly identical with reference to the placing of the doors?

Regards,
eskil

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 11:24:21 am »
Would this mean that different A380 models aren't exactly identical with reference to the placing of the doors?

It's very likely, I believe we tested it with the Wilco one, if you use a different one, it might have been modeled differently.

eskil

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 11:30:35 am »
OK, thanks! So there is no little numbers to tweak, like those in the Aircraft.cfg [Exits], to affect a change?

eskil

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 03:56:26 pm »
OK, thanks! So there is no little numbers to tweak, like those in the Aircraft.cfg [Exits], to affect a change?

They only affect the default FSX jetways. There's nothing you can do to fix this, other than using an A380 model which is accurately modeled, so the doors are in the correct place when the airplane is correctly parked using the docking system distance.