Author Topic: Work in Progress / 11  (Read 99669 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Work in Progress / 11
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2011, 12:29:00 am »
Agreed, however, I thank you for making it very easy for me to make a first impression on you sir.  ::)

You just can't let it go can you.  Moving on :)

EDIT: Spelling error

LOL, you already made your first impression a long time ago, when you though I was a cool guy.

Sorry to ruin it for you  :(

Thanks for being a cool guy.  We should talk more

Slade

YEAH, let's move on and STOP the sensless bickering, we can do that via PM.

pvupilot

« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2011, 12:58:25 am »
we might even find a somewhat compromise solution, which is keep supporting FS9 with one team only

I had that same idea recently. I was trying to think of a way where both sims could continue to be supported!

TouchandGoFilms

• Touch and Go Films
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2011, 01:03:33 am »
Hm, I remember those messages, not sure what I did to make you attack me, but never the less, I refuse to continue the spam over this issue that you have for some reason brought up.  As you said, we can continue this on PM if you so wish.
Slade Mitchell
Owner of Touch and Go Films
www.touchandgofilms.com

natbrain

« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2011, 04:09:39 am »
I'm a FS9 user mainly because I have spent so much money on add-ons that I would be mad not to find them anymore in FSX. That is the main reason, most of us still use FS9.

You need to come up with a better excuse than that.   ;D

With the exception of a fistful of developers, any scenery you've purchased for either FS9 or FSX have the other version available free in your download account at whatever store you purchased it.  Your only expense is the copy of FSX, and the Gold edition is $30 at Amazon.

Indeed, well put. I for one hope FSDT just moves on and forgets about FS9. Its over 8 years old, let it RIP.

FS9 is only as old as the latest thing released for it. Why don't YOU RIP ;D

man, i was starting to feel like i was the only fs9 supporter left...it gets lonely you know...at least we've still got a few fs9 supporters left. i just never liked fsx because, though i've used it and the capabilities on fsx are greater than fs9, the fs9 addon library is huge and much more developed than in fsx, where the addon library is a bit half done. i mean, the pss 777 and 757 panel, the overland model, and a good zayan shakeeb soundpack, i can't do that in fsx.

I am also using fs9 from time to time. But I just bought the PMDG 737 NGX and have not touched fs9 since then. I can't do that in fs9 ;D

Call me crazy, but I live in my own little world where the only flights I fly are recreations of real-life flights. I like things to be as realistic as possible, and just to add to realism, I fly a real life flight. I am huge on the Boeing 777 and Boeing 757, and the panels by PSS for FS9, along with a good soundpack, and a model merge, it's more realistic than anything I've ever found on FS9 or FSX. Since I can't find the 777 in FSX, nor do I have nearly the number of scenery addon options in FSX, despite the better graphics, to me, it's not worth the trade for. TO ME! I'm not saying to any of you FSX users that it was a bad trade off, and I'm not even talking about people who switched from FS9 to FSX. It's just a thing I like.

B777ER

« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2011, 05:48:49 pm »
No worries, I will keep flying the PMDG 737NGX built to Boeing specs and then buy the PMDG 777 built to Boeing specs in FSX into the ultra realistic non-dumbed down KLAX. ;D
Eric

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2011, 07:02:14 pm »
If it takes as long to finish the 777 as the 737, it will have to be for Flight.  FSX will be retired by then.  ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

LegendXZero1

« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2011, 07:34:05 pm »
I doubt FSX will be retired.  As PMDG mentioned before the 777 will come much sooner then the 737 because they already have the framework for the future. Now why would you think FSX will be retired soon after Flight? FS9 still hasn't died out yet(very surprised), so i'm sure it will be same situation when Flight comes out. I will play and have both anyways so it doesn't even matter to me.

Raul
Raul Ramirez

Alliano Ricot

« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2011, 11:12:06 pm »
All i can do is face palm myself from 40,000ft the theme of this debate is lame. >:(

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2011, 12:51:01 am »
Now why would you think FSX will be retired soon after Flight?

I said it would be retired before the 777 is released, not shortly after Flight. As for already having the framework for the future, seeing is believing.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

StickMan

« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2011, 08:26:32 am »
Considering the actual release of the NGX and the simple fact it uses PMDG's new SDK outside of FSX SDK as it was too limited in functionality, I'd say we have seen enough to believe and the rest is common since. If knowing anything about anything you come to a quick conclusion that this is what took the most time making something from the ground up and involving high levels of C++ and new VNAV algorithms that were not carried over from past projects. And if they did not carry over old development techniques or use FS9 NG then I highly say that they will use their new development techniques on the 777 to speed up production as they are not stupid and of course would do this as the overall goal of the new SDK was not single handily for the NGX but all projects to come as it gave them the power to do things they could not do before and would not have a need to make a even newer SDK for T7. As some of the T7 project has already been worked on even in the NGX development.

As for framework this is tons of C++ code witch will only need to be altered/tweaked or variables adjusted to allow the 777 specifications. dud

I say your Flight comments regarding the T7 vs FSX lifespan are further out in left field then the 777 development and I think you should turn you attention there if you need to "see to believe" as Flight really has not shown jack or mention squat about Flight and what it's to entail or if it will even be a platform developers what to developer third party add-ons for to even talk of it replacing something. (A few videos and pics) Developers who have talked to Microsoft have signed NDA and Flight's website leaves a lot more questions then answers in just were they are taking it, let alone a add-on market and not even the same team is making it. It's likely to try to reach a larger market witch in return would make it more a game/arcade then a sim for someone well establish in the current and past MSFS franchise. Hell it could have DX11, Tessellation, or even Physics all of witch would be new to a current FS developers on top of what maybe a new game engine. Really if I were Microsoft I be pissed that my 80 dollar game has it own little sub economy behind it that they get no parts of.

And even if the T7 took three year FSX still be kicking as people still play FS9 and I expect there will still be some who have not retired FS9.

But hey what do I know? I only have 4 post here, and the all the 'experts' have hundreds.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:41:28 am by StickMan »
Intel i7 980X @ 4.43GHz | ASUS Rampage III | Corsair 6GB DDR3 2000MHz | EVGA GTX280 | Corsair 1200 Watt | Intel 510 SSD (RAID 0)

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2011, 08:37:14 am »
@cmpbllsjc:
I will write this with as much respect as I can, and there is not much left for you.

You have no room to make such accusations about my company with no background.  We make videos to promote the products for FSDT.  When supplied with the key by an owner of FSDT, Marc was assigned the video, so he was provided the key.  How else do you expect him to make the video?  As a "hero member" with over 700 posts, I would expect you to show respect to other members, and know how to act on a forum, however, this is CLEARLY not the case.  I would appreciate you not defaming the name of my company any more, and recommend you treat this as a fair, and kind warning.

Thanks.

Fair enough, maybe you two aren't the "sharing type" I thought you were. Mark's post led me to believe otherwise, especially since you two are high school kids.

You can spare me the drama with the rest of your post.  ::)

hey guys no disrespect, but Im 43 yrs old.  Furthermore, Im not part of the Touch and Go Films team anymore.  Just want to clarify those two things. Thanks.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2011, 01:24:29 pm »
hey guys no disrespect, but Im 43 yrs old.  Furthermore, Im not part of the Touch and Go Films team anymore.  Just want to clarify those two things. Thanks.

Yes, I know your over 40, I was refering to Spencer and the other kid as the "high school kids". I already knew you were just about old enough to be their dad.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2011, 02:08:31 pm »
Really if I were Microsoft I be pissed that my 80 dollar game has it own little sub economy behind it that they get no parts of.

Every time a new user like yourself comes along and purchases FSX or FS9, Microsoft makes money.  And they'll make a lot more once Flight comes out, because the odds are good that every simmer will want it.

geoffbecks

« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2011, 03:35:45 pm »
Really if I were Microsoft I be pissed that my 80 dollar game has it own little sub economy behind it that they get no parts of.

Every time a new user like yourself comes along and purchases FSX or FS9, Microsoft makes money.  And they'll make a lot more once Flight comes out, because the odds are good that every simmer will want it.

Maybe.....maybe not so.! I was looking forward to  upgrading from fs9 to fsx, only to find at the release that NONE of the add ons I had purchased for fs9 would port across, it was this fact alone that stopped me from buying fsx, me and hundreds of others like me. So to say that every simmer will want microsoft flight is a broad statement much like saying every simmer will want to buy scenery from Blueprint.....lets wait and see what Aerosofts simulator looks like first. I doubt that any thing I have from fs9 will port across into either, but if they (Microsoft) want to corner the market make a new simulator that will run flight,fsx and fs9 software and then everyone might want it. Besides the benafit given with fsx from fs9 with  many hundereds of $$ add -on's,  is not even close to making me want to move, so Flight will have to have something special... :-\
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 03:39:23 pm by geoffbecks »

hockey122332

« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2011, 04:10:50 am »
Sorry i know everybodys asking but it looks very fun and i really want to the release date. So can you please tell us it and if you dont have one, can you tell us a time frame